Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

Wow this game is tough.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By HairyMike87

I just bought this game a few hours ago and forgot how tough it is. I'm trying to beat the single player on easy and i just can't do it. I keep running out of time and not having more health at the end. I'm almost regretting this purchase because of how difficult it is atm.

Luckily, I sold my PS2 version of this game a few years ago and this makes up for getting it back with online play. I tried a ranked match and holy god. Not ready yet.  Anyone else in the same boat?

Is there something online that I can look up to learn more about the game? It's been years since I've played this and I need a lesson or two.

Kumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kumo
    http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Marvel_vs._Capcom_2 provides move lists for all the characters and www.shoryuken.com has a dedicated forum for Marvel vs Capcom 2 with character-specific strategies and tips. All the information found on shoryuken.com can be a little overwhelming, so I suggest you take it slow.

If you haven't already done this, I'd advise you start learning air combos. Aside from using your assists often and at the right times, air combos are one of the most important aspects for winning. Here's a basic run-down of those for you:

All air combos are the same in the air, which is lp, lk, lp, lk, hp (or hk). Where the air combos differ is how you launch the opponent in the air. Some characters launch with HK, some launch with down+HP, some launch with down/forward+HP. After you've launched them in the air, immediately press up or up/forward and you'll super jump up to be able to do the air combo. If you learn how to do this and properly manage your assists, you shouldn't have too hard of a time beating the CPU and possibly some people online.

If you want an example air combo, here's one with Magneto: Jump towards opponent, lp, lp, down+lk, down+hp, up, lp, lk, lp, lk, hp.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.