Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Marvel fight pad

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By markem

Interested in it? I've made a quick ustream about the controller.  http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13519565 I'll be streaming for the next little bit about my use of the controller. I only ever really played fighters on my Sega Genesis years ago, and when I use my stick I just mash, which works okay in single player (...or in arcade/against a live person at the cabinet, who probably hasn't played much) but not when it comes down to really being any good.

restragularman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By restragularman

Is it any different than their SFIV TE Stick? I've purchased a Hori HRAP V3 SA for Marvel vs. Capcom, and I really love the body design more than anything Madcatz has produced. 

markem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By markem

Yep, it's a fight pad. A micro switch thumb stick, and a Sega genesis like body. Six buttons and two shoulder buttons. I think holding a controller, personally makes me less mashey than when I use my SFIV stick. If you've got a stick like that, then this probably isn't for you, sir.

jhsauls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jhsauls

I picked up the fight pad off of someone on ebay.  Overall I think it is pretty decent for fighting games.  It is a vast improvement over using an original Xbox 360 controller, and a good option if you don't want to pay more money for a fight stick, or give up the real estate needed to store such a behemoth.

It is very lightweight, and easy to use by only holding the left side because of the weight mentioned.  The micro-switch thumb stick is very clicky, probably due to the micro switches.  The underside of the controller has a nice soft rubber feel, which will prevent you from accidentally losing the controller in a button mashing combo fit.  Start/select are kind of awkward, but they are rarely used so it isn't a concern of mine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.