Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Playing this game is infuriating...

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RsistncE

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but seriously, I just don't think I can play fighters. I tend to rage pretty hard when I can't deal where an opponents attack shuts me down and I can't do anything but watch my character be helplessly juggled or gang raped in the corner of the screen. I think it's largely because I feel like I have no control over the situation. Anyone else have rage issues when it comes to fighting games? I'm starting to regret buying this game just because I know I don't have the patience or the time to actually enjoy it...

CanadianBaconX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By CanadianBaconX

Wow... Another rage thread... I guess I could say the usual "Practice and you'll get better" or "Study the attacks your opponent is using and look to see if you have a counter to it" but every time I give advise the thread turns into "Fighting game community is filled with jerks" so... Screw it. You have no patience then don't play fighters!

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By killroycantkill

Many a thread was made on this when SF4 came out. It's just how fighting games are, skill determines everything. It's not going to get any better if you don't get better. They're the few games where you can't get by with just knowing how to punch, kick and throw a fireball.

Basically it's either get better or just play with friends. I chose to get better so I'm one of those guys who juggling you until death.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Pretty much why I didn't get MvC3. I reminded mysef the rough way to how shitty I am, generally, at fighting games with SSFIV. I was using a standard sixasis controller and I'd also fuck up the button inputs, usually doing attacks that I really wish I hadn't done. The kind of shitty that could lead me to randomly doing shoryukens over and over accidentally. 
    I may find playing with a fighting pad much more comfortable, but it isn't worth the cash for me to find out, just incase I am just a terrible fighting game player. 

I'm OK at Tekken, though.. <3

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By craigbo180

Yo just don't play online dude, or at the very least I hope you are searching for same rank matches.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

Honesly just imagine waiting those combos out as the same waiting time you get before you respawn in an FPS game when you die. The only thing is you gotta keep paying attention since if they drop a combo or reset, the timing would be way off i they had completed the entire thing. Everybody gets shuts down every now and then in a fast paced game like marval. Complaining about that is like saying I like FPS games but I don't wanna get shot at. 

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Azteck

I never rage at games. Literally ever. But it can be a little annoying just seeing your health drain because you got stuck in some endless combo you can't cancel.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    I'd say just find friends in real life to play you so you won't get annihilated and maybe you can have fun. 

@StaticFalconar
    said:
    " Honesly just imagine waiting those combos out as the same waiting time you get before you respawn in an FPS game when you die. The only thing is you gotta keep paying attention since if they drop a combo or reset, the timing would be way off i they had completed the entire thing. "
    Its more like you get shot, see a taunt screen, go through a few menus to have it happen again which takes 2-4 minutes of your time playing the game.  That would be the metaphor.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " I'd say just find friends in real life to play you so you won't get annihilated and maybe you can have fun. 

@StaticFalconar
    said:
    " Honesly just imagine waiting those combos out as the same waiting time you get before you respawn in an FPS game when you die. The only thing is you gotta keep paying attention since if they drop a combo or reset, the timing would be way off i they had completed the entire thing. "
    Its more like you get shot, see a taunt screen, go through a few menus to have it happen again which takes 2-4 minutes of your time playing the game.  That would be the metaphor. "
    Even if you get raped by someone that does nothing but 100%/infinite combos, you have three characters. For most people, the combos end after maybe 50% life or so, and with 3 characters, thats 6 chances you have to make a retaliation. Your metaphor is the same as if I don't get the first kill in an FPS then I should just quit. 
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @StaticFalconar said:
    " @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " I'd say just find friends in real life to play you so you won't get annihilated and maybe you can have fun. 

@StaticFalconar
    said:
    Its more like you get shot, see a taunt screen, go through a few menus to have it happen again which takes 2-4 minutes of your time playing the game.  That would be the metaphor. "
    Even if you get raped by someone that does nothing but 100%/infinite combos, you have three characters. For most people, the combos end after maybe 50% life or so, and with 3 characters, thats 6 chances you have to make a retaliation. Your metaphor is the same as if I don't get the first kill in an FPS then I should just quit.  "
    Which is what happens in this game constantly when you don't know what your doing. 
    Most matches I've played online is the opponent getting close to perfect only using one character destroying me.
    JackBonneham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By JackBonneham

What pisses me off is that there is absolutely NO penalty for rage quitters. I just beat the crap out of a dudes first 2 characters then he dropped out. Same thing happened in another match AFTER the win screen had come up. GRAAHHH!

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By MysteriousBob

I hate RTS games because I suck at them. 

So guess what? I don't play RTS games. 

@JackBonneham said:

" What pisses me off is that there is absolutely NO penalty for rage quitters. I just beat the crap out of a dudes first 2 characters then he dropped out. Same thing happened in another match AFTER the win screen had come up. GRAAHHH! "
    What? Everyone knows that rage quitting secretly blacklists you. Unless you are also ragequitting. I guess the people who choose to don't realize that either.
    Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deeveeus
    @CanadianBaconX said:
    " Wow... Another rage thread... I guess I could say the usual "Practice and you'll get better" or "Study the attacks your opponent is using and look to see if you have a counter to it" but every time I give advise the thread turns into "Fighting game community is filled with jerks" so... Screw it. You have no patience then don't play fighters! "
    Naw, fighting game guys are just like the super duper snipers in Counter Strike, its aggravating as fuck for someone to get in, but you guys just took the time to get that good, so you have a right to tell us to piss off
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By toowalrus

I wouldn't expect any less from this game. Didn't we know this game was going to be insane from the beginning?

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By skrutop

I'm more uninterested than angry.  I like how SSF4 plays.  I've put in a bunch of hours, but I can't really get into this game.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By FancySoapsMan

That's how I feel about all fighting games.

I wish I could play them online and still have fun. But that will likely never happen.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By RsistncE

Update: If you stick with it the game get's exponentially more fun. 49 games in (with just slightly more wins than losses) I'm having a pretty good time now with the game. If only they'd fixed the broken matchmaking....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.