Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Taskmaster: How likely is he, and how awesome would he be?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

At the PAX Unity livestream Seth Killian mentioned a Marvel character that is, "one of the craziest things ever put into a Capcom fighting game.  This character would be broken, but the designers were able to cleverly implement things."

Looking back at the questionable full-roster that was leaked back in June, the dubious absence of Mega Man which Seth confirmed at PAX combined with what would have had to be one HELL of a guess to include X-23 suddenly makes the list seem much more likely to be accurate (although where's Dormammu?).

Back when that list came out I said to my coworker "OMG Taskmaster, so cool, but how will they make him work?"  But he totally fits the character that Seth was talking about.  What would be crazier, harder to balance and more potentially broken that a character with the ability to replicate any move he sees.  He had his own miniseries created by Udon (who have a very strong relationship with Capcom) where he was given two pistols, a katana, and a wrist mounted device capable of creating solid objects out of energy such as Captain America's shield and Spider-Man's webbing.

I am now 100% convinced that he's going to be in the game and 100% convinced that he is going to be awesome.  Have I convinced anyone else?  Does anyone else agree that he is going to be AWESOME!?

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SlightConfuse

Taskmaster would be awesome but his abilty is that he can copy other people movements. i dont know how they would in corperate that but i would welcome him none the less

Kingmetakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kingmetakirby

they just said megaman x is not in the game not megaman in general. also they talked about the character as a female, I believe.

SuperBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SuperBuster

Taskmaster wouldn't be that big of a deal, characters that use other people's moves and even characters that use solid light to form their weapons isn't new. What would be new is if Tasky could imitate people's moves in real time in a fight, like if he saw Ryu do his shoryuken (or deadpool) and then he could do it too. It would be even newer if Tasky could remember these moves for fights to come thereby allowing players to "build their own Taskmaster."

SwantanamoBay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By SwantanamoBay

Most of the characters on that leaked roster are pretty legit, but She-Hulk? Why?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @SwantanamoBay: You ask this of the developers that thought "girl"verine was a good choice?  If She-Hulk is similar to Rogue I'd be thrilled though.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

Called it.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By karatetron

Who or what is a Taskmaster?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @TrippinBungalow said:
    " Who or what is a Taskmaster? "
    Taskmaster 

Yeah, he's probably gonna be in the game from the supposed list.
    neokef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By neokef

I really hope the list isn't 100% true....I don't want to buy the "Every Verson of Megaman" DLC pack...actually, that doesn't sound too bad...

Oh, btw: Taskmaster would pretty cool. His hyper is stealing everyone else hyper XD

Drumminjay108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Drumminjay108
    @StarvingGamer:  Called what?  Has he been confirmed?  From what i saw that was the game breaking marvel character was phoenix and if she was to die with a level 5 gauge she would be re-born as Dark Phoenix.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai

Having Moon Knight would be better

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Drumminjay108: A character that uses a full 5 levels of super, which could be used to easily do 1.5+ full lifebars of damage to your opponent, to come back with 25% (or 1/2 combo) of health on a character with one of the lowest health totals in the game (which could already be done by Gill in 3rd Strike) is more game breaking than a character that has the ability to potentially use every attack in the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.