Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 19, 2017

The seventh installment of the long-running Marvel vs. Capcom series bring a cinematic twist to the formula (where a merger of two robotic super-villains and some of the Infinity Stones causes Marvel and Capcom universes to converge into one).

What Characters are you excited about seeing.

• 73 results
    s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite was announced and while this is an exciting time for Marvel fans there is a lot up in the air about the roster. It is well known that ever since Disney acquired Marvel rights they have been trying to depress all their X-men and FFour because they don't have movie rights so it's likely that MvC mainstays like Wolverine, Magneto and Doom will not show up. However this is also an opportunity to introduce brand new Marvel characters. So my question unto you guys, what characters, Marvel, X-Men or otherwise are you excited about seeing in this game? Do you think that Disney will allow iconic characters like Wolverine in? How do you think these characters will behave.

I personally am excited about the prospect of Groot being in the game. I think this is likely since they're probably going to exploit the Marvel cinematic universe as much as possible. I could see him being a big body character and stabbing his twig hands down into the ground for them to come up under the opposing characters. Kinda like a Twelve/Blackheart deal. I also think Rashid would make a fun addition.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
    Loading Video...

The Trailers for anybody who missed it.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I am happy not having the Xmen in, it was so boring seeing the same characters every time: Magneto,sentinel, Doom ect. I would like to see some Inhumans like Black Bolt and Medusa.

On Capcoms side I really want to see Asura and they already announced Morrigan so I am good.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Mahvel:

• Ms Marvel
    • Medusa
    • Black Bolt
    • Black Panther

Capcom

• Felicia
    • Hsien-ko
    • Jon Talbain
    • Literally anyone from Power Stone

Honestly, I could live with just Felicia and Black Panther (moreso Felicia than Panther obviously...) so as long as they're in the game, I'm on board day one.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Moon Knight

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• RE1 Jill
    • Tron Bonne
    • Amingo
    sku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A monster from Monster Hunter. Not a hunter. A monster. Yian Kut-Ku is probably small enough, could play like Riptor from KI almost.

Ryuku_Ryosake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ryuku_Ryosake

On the Capcom side. A Ryu and/or Nina from the Breath of Fire series would be amazing. Also B.B. Hood aka Bulleta please thank you.

On the Marvel side, the possible lack of X characters and Fantastic Four characters pretty much derails any hopes I would have. They pretty much hit all the bases outside of those that I would care for umvc3. They might be able to sneak Scarlet Witch in there which would be cool but that's it.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give MvC remix please.

Loading Video...

RickRockmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RickRockmann

@sku: Hell yeah. I even think a slightly scaled-down Tigrex or Brachydios (or even Gore Magala) could work really well - even if they don't go the TvC route with giants, there are some flagship monsters that could definitely work at Sentinel or Nemesis scale. It just depends on how Japanese they'd be willing to go, because I don't think a flight-centric one like Rathalos would work at all.

Other than that, I want to see the non-eye-candy Darkstalkers characters finally get some love (or I guess Demitri is fine, too) and I always like to see what Capcom does to turn Street Fighter characters into Vs. characters - I definitely want to see Bison return, and I'd love to see what they'd do with Rashid, Urien or Juri.

On the Marvel side, I want Spider-Man villains. I've wanted Doc Ock in a Marvel game for years - he has so much moveset potential with his arms and gadgets, and I think Anti-Venom is my symbiote of choice. Dazzler, Jubilee and Squirrel Girl are my pie-in-the-sky dream picks that I just have to accept will never happen.

@kingbonesaw: Oh shit, this reminded me of my favorite MvC3 leak.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I want weirdest, dumbest characters possible. If the X-men thing is true, then that is total bull shit. Wolverine is a staple in MvC......

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

My two big wants are a hunter from Monster Hunter (hopefully female) and Wanda from the MCU. I've always loved Wanda as a character so as long as she makes it in I'm happy. For a hunter they could do so many interesting things with different weapons a la stance switching and potentially have palico special moves as quasi-assists.

@memonk: Hate to tell you but Marvel has said they are going to make sure fans of every one of their properties is happy so that would include X-Men. Also one of the earlier people to leak MvCI also recently leaked that X-Men and FF characters would show up as DLC.

Emperor_Norton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Modok. Always Modok.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Rashid seems kinda likely considering he's the main character in SFV's story mode(Although, I guess you could make an argument for Nash too). What I want is Rainbow Mika! I'd love to see someone from God Hand(It's presumably gonna be Gene) join Amaterasu and Viewtiful Joe, too.

As for characters from the Marvel movies: Vision is a cool character, not just as a nice android, but with his abilities. Not his laser beams, but the changing of his mass and weight. Ant-Man could be great fun too with the growing and shrinking, as could Falcon with flight. I'm not really interested in characters like Black Widow, Winter Soldier or Black Panther. There are a lot of fighting games out there already with mostly regular humans.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Commando, and then have that be a stealth announcement for a new captain commando game.

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
    jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want weird characters with their own weird nutzo mechanics like Phoenix Wright or Dark Phoenix in mvc3. For this I think a size changing antman would be really neat. Maybe do something weird with a Rocket Raccoon/Groot combo character where they help each other out. Also, related aside, I really really hope deadpool appears in some way.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Gene from God Hand would be a nice pull. Maybe the Hunter from Monster Hunter as a character, he/she (both as skins) could be stance based, Bowgun, Greatsword, Dual Sword etc. Didn't expect them to lead with Megaman X, thought that would have been a separate reveal.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright big announcement. Are you ready internet? You will never see Gene in Marvel vs. Capcom.

It really sucks because he has the moveset and the personality, but that's all he has. This is an exciting time for cult classics, but I don't think Capcom has a good track record when it comes to fan favorites in recent years. Gene isn't well known outside a small fanbase and I don't think they're going to waste time and hours modelling and balancing a character a handful of people will recognize from a game that didn't perform great market-wise. It would be a perfect move, however, if they put him in and announce a God Hand Remastered or Reboot. Just have Sony give them the money for it, seeing how they love to remake everything.

Avatar image for indeedcodybrown
    IndeedCodyBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Capcom made the Harvey Birdman game... So Harvey Birdman.

Chibi characters like Megaman Powered Up and Super Puzzle Fighter would be cool also...

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would like to see some dumb characters return.

Dan Hibiki, Zombie Zangief, Dark Sakura, Shadow Lady, Shadow.

Box-art Mega Man. Captain-N Mega Man.

Since Capcom did the Disney licensed games on the NES and Marvel is Disney, I'd probably main a team of Squirrel Girl and Chip and Dale. Pair up Howard the Duck and Dark Wing Duck. Gizmo-Duck and Iron Man.

Oh, and Stan Lee.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Semi-realistic choices: Dante (would prefer non-reboot, but I'll take what I can get) and Star Lord (#TeamRedCoat)

Wishlist stuff is mainly from Capcom, but I would like Gene (God Hand) Leon, Asura

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really hoping for deadpool and gambit. Not sure they will make the cut... which means I'm not sure I'll buy the game

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nermal, Darryl Strawberry, the grapes from Grape Escape, and Jon Lovitz.

Seriously, though, let's get Wang-Tang and Gunrock from Power Stone.

thatpinguino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thatpinguino  Moderator

Hakan

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By hermes

I would like to see Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan), but with Captain Marvel there, it could get confusing...

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

Moon Knight

Are we talking regular Moon Knight or Mr. Knight?

I'd also like to see War Machine come back with an emphasis on his flamethrower and laser swords, as well as Q and Skullomania from Street Fighter 3 and Alpha.

ungratefuldead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kamala Khan or bust.

Also gotta hold out for my boy MODOK, who should really be playable in every video game. Like even the non-marvel ones. Just shove him in there somewhere.

CujoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luke Cage, Venom, Carnage, Punisher, Black Panther.

Squirel Girl is my number 1 pick.

Also, Blade? I know Snipes kinda killed that character out of existance but the comic iterations of blade were awesome!

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Mother.Fucking.War.Machine.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

RYDDOK, obviously.

No Caption Provided
    s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By s10129107

@rickrockmann: was the yeti guy from darkstalkers in marvel vs capcom? He would be weird and interesting. Also Doc Oc would be SICK. He could replace Omega Red maybe.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatpinguino: I wouldn't have thought of Hakan in a million years, but not that you mention it that would be incredible.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By elyhaym

Any Darkstalkers character. Since Felicia and Hsien-Ko are mainstays, I'd ideally like Jon Talbain, Pyron or Rikuo.

EDIT: Cable & Gambit on the marvel side of things. Would also really dig Asura on Capcom side.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

If they're gonna bother putting in a Resident Evil character, it might as well be Leon S. Kennedy. Also, I echo the idea of shoving in a hunter from Monster Hunter in there. Plenty of moveset potential between all of those different weapons, and now that series even has super moves that could be drawn from. Or maybe even a Prowler, if you wanted a Servbot-style character with a super small hitbox.

On the Marvel side, I honestly don't know at this point. Maybe go full weird and put in Howard the Duck in there.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I don't really care about the Marvel side, but Captain Marvel looks cool, and Ant-Man has a cool suit.

As I never ended up getting either MvC3 game I'd love it if all the weird, slightly niche, Capcom characters that were in MvC3 would return . Meaning Phoenix Wright, Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe and Nathan Spencer. And also for them to be joined by even more obscure ones such as Maximo.

Mega Man is already in it, so I guess I'd add Dante and Virgil to my wishlist.

megabattimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes said:

I would like to see Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan), but with Captain Marvel there, it could get confusing...

Not really. They've got different powersets (Carol's a flying brick while Kamala's basically Mr. Fantastic but a million times cooler), different costumes, different codenames, etc. There's no real way to ever confuse the two.

@sdoots said:
    @atastyslurpee said:

Moon Knight

Are we talking regular Moon Knight or Mr. Knight?

No Caption Provided

Other than the X-Men, She-Hulk, Kamala Khan, Daredevil and both flavours of Moon Knight, I'd really love Misty Knight and more of those kind of street level heroes. Most of them already use martial arts as their primary offence, so it shouldn't be too hard to put them in a MvC game. Oh, and I'd love it if they brought back Ghost Rider (with a Robbie Reyes alternate costume and/or moveset), Nova and Iron Fist from UMvC 3.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By hermes

@megabattimus: How about the fact they are both named "Marvel"? Unless they decided to go with "Kamala" for her onscreen name, which would solve it but still be weird.

It would be like them including Dante (the Capcom character) and Dante (the inhuman). Sure, totally different characters, visually different, different powers and play styles, but they would still be confusing because they have the same name. After all, we are in a genre that renamed characters to "Claw", "Boxer" and "Dictator" because people would confuse a masked guy with a fork for a hand with a Mike Tyson expy...

RickRockmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RickRockmann

@hermes:

Also, it's easy to forget that MvC2 had two Wolverines. Not even two different characters named Wolverine, that game just had Wolverine on the roster twice.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megabattimus: Regular Moon Knight but knowing Marvel, to stay 'current', it would be Mr.Knight.... :/ which would be most disappointing

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43  Edited By Cav829

The only correct answer:

No Caption Provided

Kamala Khan would be pretty great as well though.

BooDoug187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Punisher, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones

Throw in Agent Carter and Agent Coulson for shits and giggles.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

Here are the "new" characters I want to see:

- Moon Knight
    - Agent Venom
    - Thanos (technically not new when it comes to Marvel fighting games)
    - Winter Soldier
    - Baron Zemo
    - Doctor Strange
    - Beta Ray Bill

I'd also like to see them adopt costumes this time around opposed to only color changes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

No X-Men characters sucks. That also means no Deadpool or Fantastic Four characters as well.

Give me Squirrel Girl and Chuck Greene and maybe I'll get over it.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone from Agents of SHIELD would be dope.

And if Mag/Wolv/Sent aren't in the base game they are definitely season 1 dlc.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By s10129107

Listen, one Wolverine had metal claws and one had bone claws. Totally different!

@hermes:

Also, it's easy to forget that MvC2 had two Wolverines. Not even two different characters named Wolverine, that game just had Wolverine on the roster twice.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since Capcom decided not to give us any returning characters in SFV next year (still mad) I'm hoping Sagat shows up in this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Anyone from Agents of SHIELD would be dope.

And if Mag/Wolv/Sent aren't in the base game they are definitely season 1 dlc.

No they won't because Capcom's deal is with Disney and not Fox so only Marvel Cinematic Universe characters and non-mutant/Fantastic Four characters can be used. Sadly that means unless a miracle happens you won't get them, Deadpool, SuperSkrull, Dr. Doom, and Storm to name a few.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.