Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel's Spider-Man

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 07, 2018

An Insomniac game exclusively for PlayStation 4 where Spider-Man strives to stop Mister Negative's terrorist plot against the city of New York.

Spider Man and Miles Morales are coming to PC

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By FacelessVixen

Other info aside form the self-explanatory title:

• Nixxes is at the helm for the ports.
    • Mouse and keyboard controls.
    • Ray-tracing.
    • The original Spider-Man, with all DLC included, will launch on August 12th 2022.
    • Spider-Man: Miles Morales is expected to launch in Fall 2022.
    • No system requirements listed at this time.
    • Steam and Epic Game Store were not mentioned at this time.

Source.

I'm still not too enthused about "having" to double dip given how I personally feel about buying my PlayStation 4, but I'm okay with this re-release. I'm sure that my PC will run it well. This is not my most desired port, which is Bloodborne because of that game's frame rater, but this is still good news given my various gaming related intentions and purposes.

Yaaaaay. Video games.

Edit 6/13/22: Steam page.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think good games becoming available to more people is a good thing.

No Caption Provided

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@cikame said:

I think good games becoming available to more people is a good thing.

True. But me buying a PS4 Pro during the same year of buying a $4,000 PC makes my personal relationship with Sony complicated. I've had a similar emotional reaction to God of War, which I finished on PS4 and have it wishlist'd on a grey market for when I can personally justify buying the upgrade.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@facelessvixen: I know how that feels, i bought a PS4 because i assumed Tekken 7 wouldn't be on PC, then it was, and you just reminded me i have a PS4.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wish Insomniac Games' Resistance 1, 2 & 3 to get remastered and come onto the PS5 & PC.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Beautiful! I've wanted to play Miles Morales for a while and I wasn't about to buy a ps5 just for that. This is a great thing for everyone and Nixxes does excellent PC ports.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#7 chaser324  Moderator

@the_nubster: I played Miles Morales on PS4, and it was a great game even on that platform. I am excited to play it again with the improved visuals though, as someone that still hasn't gotten a PS5.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm eager to see how fast the modding community replaces Peter's face with the old one. I'm sure the fact that it's only available on the original PS4 version is just a small speed bump.

This is great though, I know a couple of people who are very excited about finally getting to play this. I'm more than fine with the PS5 version myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had a 3090 for a while now and I'll do most of my gaming on PC but I bought a PS5 on a whim to play PS4 exclusives (my OG PS4 is not in good shape) and the Spider-man games run well there so I'll probably not buy the PC version. This is belting news for those that haven't bought into recent PS systems though and I don't personally get the bitterness over 'losing exclusives' or anything. The games are pretty great and more people should play them.

Avatar image for bladeofcreation
    BladeOfCreation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@chaser324: @the_nubster: I will second that: Miles Morales on a base PS4 is great. No major issues. Some long loading times were the worst of it.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@glots said:

I'm eager to see how fast the modding community replaces Peter's face with the old one. I'm sure the fact that it's only available on the original PS4 version is just a small speed bump.

This is great though, I know a couple of people who are very excited about finally getting to play this. I'm more than fine with the PS5 version myself.

The old face is not actually better than the new one. It was just changing from what people had to gotten used to that rubbed people the wrong way. Considering the new face will be Peter Parker as the series continues, folks should just get used to it. In a vacuum the new face is better, the original one looked too old for someone that was supposed to be like 23 years old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.