Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Can't Get Jack/Miranda Loyal? *SPOILERS*

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Baillie

I'm almost finished the game and I'm at the point where I have to choose between Miranda and Jack. I told Jack to calm down and lost her loyalty. I know I can use Paragon to sort out the situation, but I still don't seem to have enough. I have about half Renegade points in the first section, only gotten by unavoidable points, and almost completely full Paragon. Surely this is enough, no? 

Can anyone help me out?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Afroman269

Weird. It worked for me at 75% which is past the last line before the end. I was able to do that one thing in Samara's mission too because of it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By zombie2011

just go to your upgrade terminal and redistribute your points stat points (don't have to change any of them) but that will multiply your existing paragon score and should fill it up.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Baillie
    @zombie2011: That sounds like a plan, I'm currently doing Legion's loyalty mission and will hopefully have enough points after this, if not I will try this method. Thanks VERY much. 

I'll report back when I do. 

Thanks again, you're awesome.
    zepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zepp

Just wanted to say, I'm in the same boat. I hate Jack, so siding with Miranda wasn't hard to do. However, I really want that achievement,; keeping all members alive hahaha. Will try the tips mentioned above.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @zepp said:
    " Just wanted to say, I'm in the same boat. I hate Jack, so siding with Miranda wasn't hard to do. However, I really want that achievement,; keeping all members alive hahaha. Will try the tips mentioned above. "
    You don't really need Jack loyal to keep her alive. You just can't give her any responsibilities on the suicide mission.
    You're only guaranteed death to a team member if you choose an ill-loyal person to do one of the tasks.
    nacnud88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By nacnud88

My first time through ME2, I lost Jack's loyalty.  It's weird that if has the paragon and renegade options grayed out when you go to reconcile with her, because after returning to her with a full Paragon bar, it still wouldn't give me the option.  It's still easy to keep her alive, but I found that kind of strange.  My second time around I made sure to leave Jack's and Legions Loyalty missions to the end, that way I had enough paragon to deal with the situations.

Long story short, from my experience, I don't know if you can win her loyalty back.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By veektarius

First off, it's important to know that there is no constant amount of paragon or renegade needed to defuse the character conflicts in ME2.  It scales to your level.  All other things being held equal, if you play with a very scattershot approach to moral decisions, you will never have enough paragon to solve problems because the required amount will rise as the game goes on.  It's basically an example of how the game screws up character immersion by limiting your chances for success should you not mindlessly follow a mostly paragon/renegade route.  However, many classes have boosts to paragon/renegade ratings as part of their 4 pt. class skill.  Infiltrator can automatically max both of them, I believe.   

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mordukai
    @zombie2011 said:
    " just go to your upgrade terminal and redistribute your points stat points (don't have to change any of them) but that will multiply your existing paragon score and should fill it up. "
    Make sure to pick the Tier 4 upgrade that gives you 100% Paragon/Renegade. 
    Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Roger778

The same thing happened with Miranda on my latest playthrough.  When it came time to calm the two biotics down, I told Miranda to back off.  I did not realize at the time, that in order to get Miranda's loyalty back, I had to keep advancing my Paragon female Shepherd, until I had enough Paragon points to reason with her, and that didn't happen until I was close to starting the Suicide mission, which was late in the game.  I felt quite satisfied when I regained Miranda's loyalty. 

This happened after I did her loyalty mission.  It was an interesting experience to be sure.

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Teran

That's odd, in all my plays I've never lost their loyalty, but I could have sworn they always had their fight earlier in the game.

I've always been able to use the paragon or renegade option to talk them down and retain both loyalty.

vasari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By vasari
    @Teran said:
    That's odd, in all my plays I've never lost their loyalty, but I could have sworn they always had their fight earlier in the game.  I've always been able to use the paragon or renegade option to talk them down and retain both loyalty.
    They only fight after you finish both of their loyalty missions.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teran
    @Vasari: That makes sense, I typically do their missions earlier... Miranda because I typically use her in my group for her buffs, and Jack because her mission is really short.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.