Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Cerberus Network Codes for the PS3 don't work

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By drac96

I guess I'm just posting this for anyone who got the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 today. The Cerberus Network codes don't work. I called EA's customer service line and there was a pre-recorded message telling me if I was calling about the cerberus network I should be aware that they are trying to fix the problem. This kind of thing really aggravates me, but I'm glad to know that it's a real problem and not that my code was used. 

EDIT: I just realized this means that I can't make the choices from Mass Effect 1 until EA fixes the problem. This really sucks.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

Dont worry you aren't the only one. The day I dont have to go to school is the day they screw this up. Perfect.

chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By chrisovc

It's working now, 

cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By cgoodno

Likely an issue with enabling the keys in time with the release.  I'm guessing with yesterday being a Holiday they ended up enabling them today instead of yesterday.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @cgoodno said:
    " Likely an issue with enabling the keys in time with the release.  I'm guessing with yesterday being a Holiday they ended up enabling them today instead of yesterday. "
    That and probably your typical day one type problems. Usually there is nothing you can do except wait it out.
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By buft
    @CaLe said:
    " So the DLC is not included on the more than spacious Blu-ray disc? "
    the cerberus code is there to stop people trading their game in, i guess thats why the cerberus stuff isnt on the disk
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @buft said:
    " @CaLe said:
    the cerberus code is there to stop people trading their game in, i guess thats why the cerberus stuff isnt on the disk "
    Also there are two more DLC's down the line and those will be available through the Cerberus Network.
    Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mechwing

It works. Now. finally. ate lunch and came back to see it working =D

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By OneManX

For those wondering, if you buy ME2 off PSN, you get the Cerberus Network stuff also... so, just a note.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By mazik765
    @CaLe said:
    The issue was never the size for the DLC. It's to stop being from buying used.
    kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyrieee
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @buft said:
    " @CaLe said:
    the cerberus code is there to stop people trading their game in, i guess thats why the cerberus stuff isnt on the disk "
    Also there are two more DLC's down the line and those will be available through the Cerberus Network. "
    What? Two more DLC packs?
    Also, the previous pay DLC didnt require CN
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @kyrieee I think Bioware said there will be three DLC that will link ME2 to ME3.  Lair of the Shadow Broker was the first one.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By benjaebe
    @HomemadeZiggurat said:
    " @kyrieee I think Bioware said there will be three DLC that will link ME2 to ME3.  Lair of the Shadow Broker was the first one. "
    Yeah, they plan to have a few more pieces of DLC starting in the summer and leading up to ME3's release. They've stopped updating the Cerberus Daily News thing too, until this summer, to coincide with the release of the DLC.
    RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RVonE
    allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By allenibrahim

That's what you get for buying Mass Effect 2 on day 1. 

I'm kidding. I'm very jealous that you have it already.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By drac96

My wireless is going slow, so it's gonna take a while to download. At least it's working now though. Is all the Cerberus DLC just in this pack? I don't remember it being this large for 360.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

anyone know anything about the comic? i'm just a little bit in but i imagined the comic would've played at the very begining.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By PhatSeeJay
    @kyrieee said:
    " @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @buft said:
    " @CaLe said:
    Also there are two more DLC's down the line and those will be available through the Cerberus Network. "
    What? Two more DLC packs? Also, the previous pay DLC didnt require CN "
    Never said it was required. Said it would be available through it.
    And yes. Two more.
    dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By dagas
    @allenibrahim said:
    " That's what you get for buying Mass Effect 2 on day 1.  I'm kidding. I'm very jealous that you have it already. "
    as a 360 owner who has had the game for a year that statement is quite funny =P 

Not here to gloat or anything though, actually I'm happy that you PS3 owners can finally play this great game. The more people who buys and plays ME games the more games they can make =) I get the itch to play it again just thinking about it, but I've already played as pretty much every class and done everything.  

Just a tip, the Widowmaker sniper rifle rules, always choose the Widowmaker when given the option =)
    allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By allenibrahim
    @dagas said:
    " @allenibrahim said:
    " That's what you get for buying Mass Effect 2 on day 1.  I'm kidding. I'm very jealous that you have it already. "
    as a 360 owner who has had the game for a year that statement is quite funny =P  Not here to gloat or anything though, actually I'm happy that you PS3 owners can finally play this great game. The more people who buys and plays ME games the more games they can make =) I get the itch to play it again just thinking about it, but I've already played as pretty much every class and done everything.   Just a tip, the Widowmaker sniper rifle rules, always choose the Widowmaker when given the option =) "
    Sentinel all the way! At least...what I've played of the game so far. Borrowed PC version of 2 from a friend for a weekend and played as Sentinel. Got fairly far, but eventually gave up because my PC didn't run it super smoothly and I wanted to play 1 (which runs WORSE). So now the PS3 version's out and I have to wait about 4 weeks before I can get it due to the incredibly slow rate with which I get moneys. Did play the demo twice. Once as default Male Paragaon Shepard and again as Custom Male Renegade Shepard which was VERY fun.
    bibledoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bibledoctor

How does the new engine look? Worth another sixty bucks?

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By FesteringNeon

Does anyone know if I buy this game on a temporary replacement PS3, and intend on returning it once my phat is fixed... can I re-download the game on my other system, after de-activating it on the temporary replacement? Or is it a 1 download, and that's it?

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By drac96
    @bukkookkub said:
    " Does anyone know if I buy this game on a temporary replacement PS3, and intend on returning it once my phat is fixed... can I re-download the game on my other system, after de-activating it on the temporary replacement? Or is it a 1 download, and that's it? "
    If it's anything like other PSN purchases you should be able to re-download it as many times as you want when you're logged into the store.
    DM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By DM

I had to restart my game to get the damn interactive comic.It was pretty sweet though and my 2nd   character looked better so It worked out.

shenstra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By shenstra

I live in Europe, where the game comes out tomorrow. I was overjoyed to unexpectedly receive the game a day early, but having to wait a whole day for the DLC (which starts the game off) swiftly put an end to that. :-( 

Guess I'll do something productive in the meantime.

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By hyperfludd

Question -  

As someone who Gamefly'd the game, I don't have access to such a code. The game is installing as I type this, and I wonder how big of a negative impact of not having the code will be.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SomeJerk
    @Hyperfludd said:
    " Question -   As someone who Gamefly'd the game, I don't have access to such a code. The game is installing as I type this, and I wonder how big of a negative impact of not having the code will be. "
    The automated choices are the worst choices anyone but a massive space-racist could make, you're about to enter a really screwed game.
    hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By hyperfludd
    @somejerk: Well that's fantastic. I guess this is the first time I've been stung by Project $10.  

Ah well, guess I'll just play and see if I get addicted. If so, I'll pick up it later. Thanks for the help!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.