Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

I rarely feel this way about a game...

kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kamolahy

I'm a 28 year-old man. I obviously like video games, hence me posting on a gaming forum. When a good game comes out, I often play it and feel good about it.  

For some reason, I feel excited like a little kid on Christmas Eve (or Hanukkah Eve or Kwanzaa Eve or whatever your flavor and belief). I can't explain why I'm sitting here reading everything I can (except spoilers) about ME2 when I have about 27 hours until my pre-load unlocks. I'm just so excited. I feel like my inner nerd has moved in and taken over completely. Maybe it's because I loved the first one. Maybe it's because I love all Bioware games. Maybe it's partially the immense hype machine behind this one. Either way, it's working and I'm losing it.

khaliloneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By khaliloneil

Hope it doesn't disapoint. :)
    kamolahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kamolahy
    @khaliloneil: Haha... yeah I think I'd laugh at the pure irony.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

It's really weird but I haven't been hyped for ME2 at all. Really, I hadn't even seen any trailers or anything for it until yesterday. I loved Mass Effect 1 too. I guess it's partly because I'm not getting it on day 1 anyways. I don't know, I still feel like I should be craving this game.

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Robiin

I was the same way, and unfortunatley, couldn't keep myself when the PC torrent was released (please don't look down om me..). I've played it some, but now I've shut it down for the last time 'til I get my purchased copy on wednesday (Europe).

i have it pre-ordered for the Xbox 360, where I also have four end-game saves. I will play this game to death.

Oh, and since I've played it for six hours on PC, I can safely say: It doesn't dissapoint. It's super awesome. A LOT different from the first one, but that's mostly good. A lot more tactical in the battles (at least if your a vanguard like me) and as always, the story/characters/design so far is incredible.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Jeust
    @Robiin said:

" I was the same way, and unfortunatley, couldn't keep myself when the PC torrent was released (please don't look down om me..). I've played it some, but now I've shut it down for the last time 'til I get my purchased copy on wednesday (Europe). i have it pre-ordered for the Xbox 360, where I also have four end-game saves. I will play this game to death.  Oh, and since I've played it for six hours on PC, I can safely say: It doesn't dissapoint. It's super awesome. A LOT different from the first one, but that's mostly good. A lot more tactical in the battles (at least if your a vanguard like me) and as always, the story/characters/design so far is incredible. "

how could you?! blahhhhh :p 

i hope it doesn't disappoint either... but i'm not really excited about the second part. Bioware storytelling is getting thin on me, as i've seen multiple and similar version of the same one across various Bioware games. I know they invented their own style, but they should improve upon it, more than giving it a more cinematic perspective.  

That, and for me, Mass Effect is a poor man's version of Star Wars. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kamolahy said:
    " @khaliloneil: Haha... yeah I think I'd laugh at the pure irony. "
    *Puts in disc*

Me: OMG, THIS IS IT! OMGOMGOMG!

*Beats it in three hours. Seizure montage in the credits.*

Me: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF----
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Evilsbane

I know I am freaking bouncing off the walls and I have been rushing to get my new play through of ME1 done, Its Down to the WIRE!

raidingkvatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By raidingkvatch

I feel exactly the same way, the internet, especially this site, is gonna kill me cuz the UK release isn't til Friday and everyone's gonna be talking about it from tomorrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c
    deactivated-5a1a3d3c6820c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded the PC version (don't worry, I have the game pre-ordered) and have put about 10 hours straight in it today.. 

There are some things I don't like (FU SCANNING, FU!), but there are oh so many things I do like. Even only 10 hours in, I feel like they've really ramped up the story excitement wise. Does seem to be a bit more of a combat focus to it, but they've tightened the shooting up, so that seems OK.  I know the first game wasn't exactly juvenile, but this one seems more... mature for some reason. I dunno, I just get a darker vibe from it.  While I don't profess to be amazing at games, I'm not terrible either.. and the game has been pretty tough from the start on Normal for me.. and that's a good thing. It's just the perfect amount of difficulty.

So yeah, like I said, I've put 10 hours straight into it so far, and while it may have some things that annoy me... I'm oh so keen to keep playing :D

Oh and (very minor spoiler.. first char you see in the game):

Bacbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bacbi

I've been extremly h hyped for mass effect 2 for a long time, I've wanted mass 2 ever since I played mass 1.
    It's just the most incredible experience I've ever had with a video game and I no mass 2 won't dissapoint. 
    The reviews says the story is not as good as mass effect 1 but I think I know why and I can  accept that, the story usually lose some points when games do that sort of thing. I'm not gonna say what I think it is so that I don't maybe spoil anything.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MachoFantastico

That's worry me, the UK release isn't until Friday technically (though I hope I might get my copy on Thursday) and already the Mass Effect 2 forums are jam-packed with spoiler threads. Some in particular just basically describing the story. Staying away from it as much as possible.  

Very excited though, loved the first (though the PC version only) Mass Effect 2 and looking forward to the end of the week for some Mass Effect action.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By MachoFantastico

Extra note, yes EA have advertised it somewhat. But I wouldn't say the hype as been artificially created by publishers, I actually think gamers are actually just hyped for Mass Effect 2. I've not had it rammed down my neck like some games that spring to mind. 

I think folks are just very excited about ME2. Though I wish PS3 owners stop with the hate, already sick of hearing them bitch and moan about the game. As a PS3 owner myself, I'm positive that one day soon Bioware will bring Mass Effect to that console... so please stop bitching. 

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Venatio

Same for me man, I loved the first game and I can't describe how much I want this damn game

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Robiin said:
    " I was the same way, and unfortunatley, couldn't keep myself when the PC torrent was released (please don't look down om me..). I've played it some, but now I've shut it down for the last time 'til I get my purchased copy on wednesday (Europe). i have it pre-ordered for the Xbox 360, where I also have four end-game saves. I will play this game to death.  Oh, and since I've played it for six hours on PC, I can safely say: It doesn't dissapoint. It's super awesome. A LOT different from the first one, but that's mostly good. A lot more tactical in the battles (at least if your a vanguard like me) and as always, the story/characters/design so far is incredible. "
    Son, I am disappoint.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

It'll be the first game for my 360 in an age ;P. But regardless I'm plenty pumped for it, not as much as some since i'm not an absolute diehard fan for the original (still enjoyed it of course), its still going to be my first full price purchase this year however.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By penguindust

You need to be careful about tempering your expectations.  I had very high hopes for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and while it is a great game, I can't help but be a little disappointed that it didn't fill me with awe the way I had imagined.  Conversely, I had rather tepid expectations for Dragon Age: Origins and was completely enamored by the adventure.  I'll be happy with Mass Effect 2 if it is as good as the first one and fixes the grievances I had with the original. 

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Robiin
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Robiin said:
    Son, I am disappoint. "
    I am most sorry..

Now help me grow a mustache.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Robiin said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Robiin said:
    Son, I am disappoint. "
    I am most sorry..  Now help me grow a mustache. "
    I cannot help those who disappoint me.

To seek redemption you must climb to the top of Mt. Fuji and speak to the three eyed monk. He will ask you to drink his tea, do not do so, it is his collected piss.
     If you refuse his "tea" he will climb into your mind using fumes from his campfire, you will be transported into the netherworld and have to complete 6 tasks that he has come up with.
     After these are done you will awaken in your bed with your left pinky finger missing. 

Only then will you be able to be helped.
    Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By KowalskiManDown
    @raidingkvatch said:
    " I feel exactly the same way, the internet, especially this site, is gonna kill me cuz the UK release isn't til Friday and everyone's gonna be talking about it from tomorrow. "
    Gahh tell me about it. But on topic, I am ridiculously hyped for this game now. I put it almost entirely down to that launch trailer they put out last week, because dear god that trailer was immense!
    Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Robiin
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Robiin said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Robiin said:
    Son, I am disappoint. "
    I cannot help those who disappoint me.  To seek redemption you must climb to the top of Mt. Fuji and speak to the three eyed monk. He will ask you to drink his tea, do not do so, it is his collected piss.  If you refuse his "tea" he will climb into your mind using fumes from his campfire, you will be transported into the netherworld and have to complete 6 tasks that he has come up with.  After these are done you will awaken in your bed with your left pinky finger missing.   Only then will you be able to be helped. "
    Okay,  I will. I plan to be back in 2025.

Then maybe we can play co-op in the newly released Half-Life 2: Episode 3?
    Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Titl

I feel somehow the same, dude..i've been avoiding spoilers, or any info about the game...and that has somehow sparked my (already) insane interest in the game. 

But i think the game will be one of the best games of 2010..i sure as hell hope so..

TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Robiin said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Robiin said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @Robiin said:
    Son, I am disappoint. "
    I cannot help those who disappoint me.  To seek redemption you must climb to the top of Mt. Fuji and speak to the three eyed monk. He will ask you to drink his tea, do not do so, it is his collected piss.  If you refuse his "tea" he will climb into your mind using fumes from his campfire, you will be transported into the netherworld and have to complete 6 tasks that he has come up with.  After these are done you will awaken in your bed with your left pinky finger missing.   Only then will you be able to be helped. "
    Okay,  I will. I plan to be back in 2025. Then maybe we can play co-op in the newly released Half-Life 2: Episode 3? "
    Maybe.
    John

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By John

I do hope it looks great, like, amazingly great. I have become such a graphics whore these days that I couldn't enjoy dragon age, for example.

vonsoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By vonsoot

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.