Mass Effect 2 - 360 Audio Issues.

#1 Posted by Killboyy777 (117 posts) -

Has anyone else noticed how quite your squad members talk compared to EDI? or how some recordings sound "off in the distance"?

I'm sure this is bioware trying some EAX or HD audio. But on my stereo system it is ruining the game for me. The combat dialogue of my team mates is so loud compared to the rest of the game. Starting to feel unplayable.

I've tried every thing. but there is no option to turn off  "surround sound" in game. 

HELP?

#2 Posted by RavioliSumo (2226 posts) -

That didn't happen to me, but during a cutscene at the end of Samarra's loyalty quest the audio cut out completely for about 30 seconds.

#3 Posted by Demonstride (876 posts) -

I noticed a few audio troubles with the them talking through a communicator and it sounds like the person is right next to you, but that's pretty much it.

#4 Posted by Buscemi (1125 posts) -

I've had some other sound related problems like when a specific person is talking the subtitles just disappear. That's weird.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
#5 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5737 posts) -

The only issue I have had with the audio is a quest with Samara in which the audio completely cut out. I had to exit to the dashboard and then turn the subtitles on just so I could know what they were saying.

#6 Posted by Kbm600 (466 posts) -

When I drank the special drink after you order a couple in the Dark Star on the citadel, the audio cut out for me until I restarted my xbox again. Was weird, I thought it was originally an effect of the drink until it continued through several missions.

#7 Posted by Killboyy777 (117 posts) -
@Demonstride said:
" I noticed a few audio troubles with the them talking through a communicator and it sounds like the person is right next to you, but that's pretty much it. "
This is what im talking about. only its happening all the time. Combat speech volume changes from loud to quit without warning, sometimes the character isn't even in the same room as me but sound right next to me.

probably the fact that i'm using a analog stereo. One of those mini home theater things with the huge sub woofers. :/

maybe i should report this as an issue? How  often does  Bioware update game issues?

All we need is an option to turn of surround sound
#8 Posted by Lies (3985 posts) -

It's the way the surround sound works- people behind you will sound real quiet compared to people in front of you. Go to your 360 settings and put your audio to stereo, see if that fixes it.

#9 Posted by Killboyy777 (117 posts) -

yeah the xbox is set to stereo. but it says digital stereo... Is that just a gimmick word?

#10 Posted by Napalm (9229 posts) -

Later on in the game when I wound bring up the powers or weapon wheel, if somebody was in the middle of talking, they just stopped as if the audio just cut out for the duration of that specific sentence. Also, I had to severely adjust the audio levels because everything is at 100%, and everything overpowers the dialogue. If I was in a firefight, I had no real idea of what the hell my teammates were saying. Anything mentioning what to do next would be completely lost in translation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.