Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Only have a PS3

ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ASpaceSeaman

So i only have a PS3 and I was curious if its really necessary to play ME1 before ME2. With the second coming to the PS3, I was planning on getting it.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ShadowKnight508

No...they will be having a interactive comic with ME2 to help you catch up with the story from ME1. It was announced earlier this week. The choices you make during the interactive comic will affect how Mass Effect 2's story is affected when you start.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

It gives you a much more personal impact to see your decisions reflect over, but they'll at least let you make most of the larger decisions through a motion comic book or something in the PS3 version. In any case, if PS3's the only option you have then you should still go for it. Still a brilliant game.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By awesomeusername
    @5socks5: It sucks that ME1 isn't going to be on PS3 but there's this thing Biowares doing to show the story of ME1. Just buy it, it'll be good. 

Edit: It's an interactive comic.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

If you plan on purchasing a 360 or a gaming PC within, say, a year or two, I really recommend waiting until then and starting with the first Mass Effect. Believe me, whether or not you've played it makes a huge difference, and there is no way an interactive comic is going to compensate for that.

ASpaceSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ASpaceSeaman
    @Icemael: Well I definitely won't be getting either anytime soon, I don't have the cash for that right now
    KinkyWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By KinkyWizard

go to gameanyone and look key stuff but skip the game. if buying get it on pc...

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Ocean_H
    @5socks5:  If you get it, get it on PC. The inventory menus on the Xbox 360 version is frustrating.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

Huh, thats pretty awesome that they are doing an interactive comic. Wonder how it work out...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.