Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Paragon / Renegade Points - What Am I Missing?

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By blacklab

I've played this game twice now, and both times I've been unable to max either paragon or renegade points.  This leaves some dialogue options greyed out.  The best example I can think of at the moment is influencing Jack after you've lost her loyalty to Miranda.  I made a concerted effort to get as many as possible, generally choosing paragon when a choice exists, and making sure to take whatever is available if only one choice appears.  

Am I missing something here? How do you max them out?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @blacklab said:
    " I've played this game twice now, and both times I've been unable to max either paragon or renegade points.  This leaves some dialogue options greyed out.  The best example I can think of at the moment is influencing Jack after you've lost her loyalty to Miranda.  I made a concerted effort to get as many as possible, generally choosing paragon when a choice exists, and making sure to take whatever is available if only one choice appears.   Am I missing something here? How do you max them out? "
    Side missions. Talk to everyone. Help everyone. 
    Muttinus_Rump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Muttinus_Rump

Forgot the name of it but isn't there a skill you can upgrade that increases your paragon and renegade points? Do that.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 02sfraser

I never found a problem maxing out my paragon points. I even had some renegade points on my play through.

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blacklab

Huh, I hit all of the side missions I'm aware of. I didn't know about the multiplier skill, guess I'll figure that out. Sounds like the answer.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Shabs

Talk to your party on your ship between missions. There will often be new dialog trees that lead to Paragon/Renegade points.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rattle618

The multiplier skill is your character specific one (the one at the bottom) and yes, you need to do absolutely everything. Also its affected by the difficulty you are playing at.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By morrelloman

First note that this is impossible unless you go all the way in one direction the WHOLE playthru. 
    Also don't do any interruptions that are opposite your stance, sometimes this yields points.
    There is a glitch on Samara's mission at the very end where you can ask her "Are you OK?" an infinite number of times but it would take forever.

If you have all but the last bar then u can get every dialogue line. (other than bringing someone back from becoming disloyal) 
    Having that high will fix your loyalty issues before they happen & you won't need to MAX out. 

Keys are to wait  to do:
    Both Jack and Miranda's loyalty (you can do one, but wait to do the other)
    Wait to do Zaeed unless you go renegade.
    Tali loyalty

Hope that helps. Speaking of impossible, getting the no one left behind on your first play comes to mind.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster
    @02sfraser said:
    " I never found a problem maxing out my paragon points. I even had some renegade points on my play through. "
    Maxing out seemed pretty simple
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By TheHT
    @blacklab: The weapon and armors skill that you can evolve into Champion or Destroyer (?). The Champion one gives 100% Paragon/Renegade bonus, I think.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By benpack
    @TheHT said:
    " @blacklab: The weapon and armors skill that you can evolve into Champion or Destroyer (?). The Champion one gives 100% Paragon/Renegade bonus, I think. "
    This combined with the "death mask", which I think you can buy on the Korgan planet. It increases renegade.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

You don't need 100% to convince Miranda or Jack in terms of the paragon/renegade choices, but I never found that to be an issue.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By chilibean_3

Some people seem to be putting in a lot of thought and work into this.  Maxing out one side is pretty easy and can be done long before the closing missions of the game. No need for special armor or anything.  On my last playthrough I maxed out the renegade side and was almost half way up the paragon side.  Maybe you aren't talking to your crew enough?  I'm not really sure where the trouble could be coming from.  

Are you using the neutral response a lot?   It's not just about picking between the red or blue words.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.