Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

PLEASE help me. Abduction mission started too early * Spoilers *

Avatar image for deactivated-5c072a2b922a9
    deactivated-5c072a2b922a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Ok so I got the Reaper IFF and then did Garrus and Thanes loyalty mission. The thing is I tried to dock onto another planet and the abduction mission triggered. I still have to do Mirandas, Tali's, Legion's, Jacks, and Jacobs loyalty missions. Is there a way I can use some kind of hacks to prevent it from triggering? I play on the PC.

My main goal is to keep EVERYONE alive AND complete their loyalty missions. Can I keep my squadmates alive if they aren't loyal? I know if you delay going to the collector ship, the crew that got abducted get converted into some reaper fluid thing. I dont want that. But I don't want any of my combat squad dying and i DO want to do all of their missions.

Is there any way around this? PLEASE HELP I dont want to have to do another 30 hours of gameplay.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainCody

You're pretty fucked unfortunately, you will be able to keep everyone alive EXCEPT the majority of your extended crew. To summarize, your entire squad that you play with will be able to stay alive so long as you complete their loyalty missions.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Junkerman

@GlutenBob: Your going to have to find someone else to feed your fish, sorry bro :(

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

You goofed. Try going to an earlier save. If not then..well ME3 is going to be interesting for you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Screw this. Im just going to end up downloading a save file...I AM SOO MAD!

DemiGodRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DemiGodRaven

You have to save the Reaper IFF for last. Do everyone's loyalty missions and get all the ship upgrades possible first, then pick up the IFF, then do Legions and then the abduction should start.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dany

@GlutenBob said:

Your crew will die and you can have your squad mates live if you do their loyalty.

So you can do that if you want. but yeah...

You seemed to have read up on ME2 before playing, but yeah, do almost everything you wanna do before the IFF

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Brendan

All the squad mates can still live, just get them to scrub the decks :P

I got everybody to live the second time around, it was ok.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By Draugen

Time to show what kind of leader your Shepard is, bro. Will he rush to the aid of his hapless crew, or will be sacrifice everything to be prepared when he dives head first into the suicide mission? You are about to get the measure of what kind of man you are. I say go for it, and live with the consequenses. Much more fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

You should just do the mission and accept that the Collectors got you by the short hairs.

Or.. just to get everyone's loyalty regardless. All you lose are the red shirts and your answering machine.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#11  Edited By elyk247

Haha! Yeah I did that my first time and lost Legion, Jack, and my romance option Miranda. I was pissed, but the game is really amazing and was worth it to go through the game for more times to see some different endings.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MezZa

I say live with your mistake, and face the punishment. It's more interesting that way. Guarantee the lives and loyalties of your squad mates, or go to the rescue of your ship's crew.

I would've felt more sympathy if you had ended your post with an "I didn't ask for this" reference.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By deanoxd

download a save file? you don't have a earlier save you can go back to? even if you have to replay stuff who cares if you want to fix your mistake.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dany said:

@GlutenBob said:

Your crew will die and you can have your squad mates live if you do their loyalty.

So you can do that if you want. but yeah...

You seemed to have read up on ME2 before playing, but yeah, do almost everything you wanna do before the IFF

No I've played this game once before already. But that was on the 360. I sold the 360 version when I built my PC and am playing through it again to have a save file for ME3 on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse said:

You should just do the mission and accept that the Collectors got you by the short hairs. Or.. just to get everyone's loyalty regardless. All you lose are the red shirts and your answering machine.

But you dont understand. I have a thing for red heads. I am in a romance with Liara, but Kelly Chambers is just such a nice person. How can I let her die?

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By zeushbien

I can understand wanting to have a perfect run and all, but I don't think it will matter all that much in ME3. But I guess I could be wrong on that one.

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By thespartandon

Couldn't you just modify your save file? To undo the Reaper IFF mission?

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeeGee

@GlutenBob: Save Kelly, man!

You can always replay to get your perfect save. Don't let the dissecting the mechanics of the game take you out of the story. The first time I completeed the game, I did what I wanted Shephard to do. That meant I ended up with Kelly, the crew, Thane and Jack all dead.

It was awesome. It was far from the perfect result, but it was genuine and in the moment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheSpartanDon said:

Couldn't you just modify your save file? To undo the Reaper IFF mission?

HOW? please tell me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DeeGee said:

@GlutenBob: Save Kelly, man!

You can always replay to get your perfect save. Don't let the dissecting the mechanics of the game take you out of the story. The first time I completeed the game, I did what I wanted Shephard to do. That meant I ended up with Kelly, the crew, Thane and Jack all dead.

It was awesome. It was far from the perfect result, but it was genuine and in the moment.

I've played the game before on my 360 and had like half my team members die lol.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BraveToaster

Wait, but don't they warn you that you should tie loose ends before starting IFF? You should pay more attention to what the NPCs tell you.

sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sjosz

Do you have a save in there that takes you back to before doing the IFF? If yes, use that. If no, then you are out of luck.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Aetheldod

@Sjosz said:

Do you have a save in there that takes you back to before doing the IFF? If yes, use that. If no, then you are out of luck.

This bro .... videogames :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys I found a way.

I am going to use Gibbed Save Editor and make all my teammates loyal. Then once the end game is done. i will uncheck their loyalties and their loyalty missions will be available once again.

Phew. dodged a bullet right there. lol

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UnrealDP

@GlutenBob: Nice, I found my self in a similar situation and I was incredibly bummed out about playing through ME2 again, but I ended up playing through the game a third time, just for funzies. Have fun, duder!

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mordukai

@GlutenBob: K man go to the official wiki page that pretty much runs any scenario for you. Personally I recommend going with the flow and see where it takes you.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Im about to replay on 360. 

So get Legion last?  

Get upgrades first. Do loyalty missions. THEN Get the IFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@UnrealDP said:

@GlutenBob: Nice, I found my self in a similar situation and I was incredibly bummed out about playing through ME2 again, but I ended up playing through the game a third time, just for funzies. Have fun, duder!

It didn't work. Plus since I inquired about Tali's and Jacobs loyalty mission and didn't do it I can't ask them about upgrades. I was sure that I asked them about the upgrades before, but they aren't showing up on my upgrade list. So Im going to replay the game again. But I will play it on the lowest difficulty so i can speed through the game.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UnrealDP

@GlutenBob said:

@UnrealDP said:

It didn't work. Plus since I inquired about Tali's and Jacobs loyalty mission and didn't do it I can't ask them about upgrades. I was sure that I asked them about the upgrades before, but they aren't showing up on my upgrade list. So Im going to replay the game again. But I will play it on the lowest difficulty so i can speed through the game.

Might take some of the fun out of it, but looking at a guide the entire time will help you blow through it on an optimal run, still, have fun, duder.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By ftomato

You might be able to find a combination of events that leads to no one dying - you don't need everyone loyal to keep them all alive. Check how the hold the line math works and see if you can find a way to use your 2 remaining loyalty missions to pull it off. Given you already have Zaeed's, Grunt's, and Garrus' loyalty I think it's doable.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NTM

You have a weird way of going about the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.