Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Romance Question

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Alphiehyr

I want to complete Mass Effect 1 and import that save into Mass Effect 2 without having a love interest appearing in the picture frame on Shepard's desk. What must I do in Mass Effect 1 to achieve this?

In the ME wikia it states that it is possible by not talking to a potential love interest but I don't want to miss out all those experience points and other goodies. It also states that it's possible by leaving that love interest on Virmire.. but I don't think that's of any use if the love interest happens to be Liara.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd assume (though I don't rightly know) that avoiding extraneous conversation with any of the possible love interests in the first game will pretty much allay your concern. And you can make up the necessary experience points doing planet-scouring bullshit. Besides: 

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By ReyGitano

I think either you're going to have Liara as your love interest or you're not. I can't think of a way to get all those "other goodies" and not end up with her in the picture frame.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By OmegaChosen

First, don't romance Liara. Once she's locked in, there isn't much you can do aside from starting over. How romance transfer works is very finicky. Even if you reject them when they come to your room the game will still say you're in a relationship with them in ME2. In order to not have a romance transfer, there are two ways. One is to never talk to them. Ever. Even talking to them once and saying the paragon options could make the game think you're in a relationship with them. The other way is the pick either Kaidan or Ashley and then leave them to die on Virmire.

AdvanceStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By AdvanceStrat

I'm going to try to do the same thing myself.  Rather not blow Ashley up, mostly because I'd much rather blow Kaiden up, so I'll have to see how little talking I can do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.