Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Why doesn't anybody care? Legion related

• 52 results
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

So I just got Legion on my team(first time btw) and while walking around wih him on all the hub worlds I started to wonder, why doesn't anybody care that I have a fricking GETH with me? Just seems odd

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Lol I thought that too, then just shrugged it off as a lazy design choice.
    Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Meh who cares, Legion is an awesome character.  Give him his own Sniper Rifle and he becomes an engine of destruction.  Wish I could borrow it off him.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Brunchies

Lazy design choice to make the world seem more static I guess.

Baljot187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Baljot187

Bioware worlds are the definition of static. No one cares if you start shooting in the air, it seems unlikely they'd care if you brought a pet geth with you. 

DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By DTKT

I do believe they try to explain when you meet Anderson with Legion. He mentions that Geth have been keeping a low-profile since the attack on the citadel. Because of that, having a pet geth doesnt seem that out of place.

Though, I agree that it's a bit too strange to have such a simple explanation. I would go with Baljot theory.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

The only place that gives a reaction is when you do Tali's loyalty mission and all the Quarians are "WTF YOU BROUGHT A GETH, HOW DARE YOU!!!"

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DTKT: Anderson notices it, and a huge fuss gets raised for Tali's loyalty mission.
    DTKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DTKT

I wish Bioware's worlds would change over time as you progress through the story. I thought we were past the point with the same NPC standing in the same spot for 35 hours...

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By unsolvedparadox

The same reason that you can walk around with an escaped serial killer, or an assassin, or a high ranking Cerebus agent, or...

Garrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Garrus

Yeah well I think they try to give the image that people don't really know what Geth look like. Then again allot of people got injured by them 2 years ago and stuff, so why nobody notices I don't know.

Agamembar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Agamembar

I thought the reason was that it was assumed that hes was some sort of VI assistant in a mech body, like the mechs you fight. 
     Isn't there a scene were you walk on to the citadel and they say that you have to make sure your assistant VI is safe as Geth infiltrated during the battle in the end of ME1. Legion comments that the geth don't infiltrate and then you get let in an he says intentionally as part of the joke.

I figure most people don't know who youre party members are, the galaxy is a big place after all, and that everyone just assumes you roll with an advance VI robot jeeves situation.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Venatio
    @Marz said:

" The only place that gives a reaction is when you do Tali's loyalty mission and all the Quarians are "WTF YOU BROUGHT A GETH, HOW DARE YOU!!!" "

Awesome, I am so bringing him along on her loyalty mission on my second playthrough
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By samcotts

Dude, you're mother fucking Shephard. You could have the kraken in your party and no one would argue.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By I_smell

When I got him, I ran around in circles like WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST RECRUIT A GETH??, then I talked to Joker and he said pretty much the same thing.
    lol

Oh, and walk up to him in the AI Core n don't say anything. He dances.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By CL60
    @I_smell said:
    " When I got him, I ran around in circles like WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST RECRUIT A GETH??, then I talked to Joker and he said pretty much the same thing. lol  Oh, and walk up to him in the AI Core n don't say anything. He dances. "
    Yeah, I love that, he starts doing the robot.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Kyreo
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " Meh who cares, Legion is an awesome character.  Give him his own Sniper Rifle and he becomes an engine of destruction.  Wish I could borrow it off him. "
    You can actually get that sniper rifle in the game.   But you only have on chance to get it.....
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    @Kyreo: Say What? You can get that rifle? Can you get all of the unique weapons? Grunt's shotgun for example?  

Don't tell me how but is it something to do with either his loyalty mission or the final section?
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kyreo
    @IncredibleBulk92: Um.... no I don't think so.  I know you can get the same as legions sniper, bit it is mere coincidence that they are the same type. 

and it wasn't a loyalty mission... you find it like you find all other weapons.  but the thing with the Widow (the name of the rifle Legion has) is that if you miss it on yer first play through, it isn't there on yer second.  you only get one shot at grabbing that rifle. 

but.... it's like the Intervention in Modern Warfare 2, Semi-automatic, loud, powerful, accurate, and low ammo.  
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dany
    @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " @Kyreo: Say What? You can get that rifle? Can you get all of the unique weapons? Grunt's shotgun for example?   Don't tell me how but is it something to do with either his loyalty mission or the final section? "
    When on the collector ship for the first time, shepard glances over to some weapons on the floor., you choose the specialty weapon their, if you get a prompt for a sniper rifle, shotgun or assault rifle as your new weapon, the specialty weapon will come along with it.
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    @Kyreo: @Dany: Ah I see, I know I said I didn't want that spoiled but I'm very glad you did, I'm literally feet away from that choice on my third play through now.  I'm guessing that you can always make that choice with new characters but on the second playthrough you're stuck with the old choice.  Damn if only I wasn't already playing a Sniper I'd totally get that rifle. 

I love how there's still so much about that game that I haven't seen on my third play through.  What a great game.
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kyreo
    @Dany said:
    " @IncredibleBulk92 said:
    " @Kyreo: Say What? You can get that rifle? Can you get all of the unique weapons? Grunt's shotgun for example?   Don't tell me how but is it something to do with either his loyalty mission or the final section? "
    When on the collector ship for the first time, shepard glances over to some weapons on the floor., you choose the specialty weapon their, if you get a prompt for a sniper rifle, shotgun or assault rifle as your new weapon, the specialty weapon will come along with it. "
    DuuuUUuUde!!  He said not to spoil it.... Jeesus.  At least I was vague about it.  
    SavageHobbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SavageHobbit
    @Dany said:
    When on the collector ship for the first time, shepard glances over to some weapons on the floor., you choose the specialty weapon their, if you get a prompt for a sniper rifle, shotgun or assault rifle as your new weapon, the specialty weapon will come along with it. "
    Does this only count for the Soldier class?  Because as my Sentinel I chose the Sniper, and only got the basic one.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dany
    @SavageHobbit said:
    " @Dany said:
    Does this only count for the Soldier class?  Because as my Sentinel I chose the Sniper, and only got the basic one. "
    The specialty sniper rifle is the geth one, which you can only after you get legion, not after loyalty, just talk to him about upgrades
    roscoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By roscoe

its because the geth stay past the veil, so the majority of people havent seen the geth before.

IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By IncredibleBulk92
    @Kyreo: No worries man, if I'd played the game for 30 more seconds I'd have found the pile of guns and noticed the option anyhow.  God this gun is everything I dreamed of and more, it's a serious help against the games tougher enemies.
    FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FalconCritical
    @SavageHobbit said:
    Does this only count for the Soldier class?  Because as my Sentinel I chose the Sniper, and only got the basic one. "
    The way it works is that if you have the skill already to use a weapon (i.e. Sniper Rifles - Soldier/Infiltrator), then you get the more powerful version, if you can't use that weapon type by default, you learn to use that weapon type (and therefore get a standard sniper rifle).

Same applies to Assault Rifles and Shotguns, if you choose those options - though only a Soldier uses assault rifles by default and is the only class that will get the upgraded version of that.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#28  Edited By Bouke

I'm playing as an Engineer and can't use the sniperrifles, but i still unlocked a sniper rifle upgrade after talking to Legion. I can't use it but other teammembers can... but i think its the same rifle you all are talking about, right!?
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Whisperkill
    @Brunchies said:
    " Lazy design choice to make the world seem more static I guess. "
    I'm assuming you never played Mass Effect 2...
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Bouke said:
    " I'm playing as an Engineer and can't use the sniperrifles, but i still unlocked a sniper rifle upgrade after talking to Legion. I can't use it but other teammembers can... but i think its the same rifle you all are talking about, right!? "
    Widow can only be used by Legion or by you if you are an infiltrator and chose it as your upgrade in a story mission.
    Widow is basically the .50cal of ME.
    Team mates cannot use it. Except Legion
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By Bouke
    @Tennmuerti:
    Good to know, is it good enough to play through as infiltrator?
    smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By smcn

To be absolutely clear, this is how the collector ship mission weapon training works:

• There are 3 weapon types you can get advanced training in: Shotguns, Assault Rifles, and Sniper Rifles.
    • Of those three, for the types you are able to use, you will be able to get a more powerful version: Claymore, Revenant LMG, and Widow, respectively.
    • For the types you are unable to use, you will only be able to learn how to use that weapon type but not get the more powerful version. You will still gain access to every other weapon in that category including DLC.
    • The Collector ship mission weapon training only applies to Shepard. Weapon upgrades for squadmates (Claymore for Grunt, Widow for Legion) are completely separate and obtainable regardless of which weapon training you choose, and vice versa. 

@Bouke said:
    "Good to know, is it good enough to play through as infiltrator?"
    Infiltrator is the most fun class in the game, so yes.
    rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By rinkalicous
    @Bouke: Soldiers can get it as well.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I noticed that too.  I think I took him with me on to Tali's fleet and that was extra weird that no one even raised an eye-brow.

Jiquk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Jiquk

If you talk to Tali she expresses her distrust of Legion.
    And if you do both of their loyalty missions she has a full out argument with him.
    Personally I think so few people care because the Geth are no longer your main enemies, in the first game everybody never shut up about the Geth,but now the Collectors have taken their place.....Well I am not going to spoil it for anyone but well I guess the Collectors might not be in ME3.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xyzygy

Dude, when you're talking to people they do notice Legion. Shepard explains that he is no threat, and when people see him walking around with the savior of the galaxy, I think they'd probably give him a little leeway.  

But this has been happening in RPGs for many years. It's just something that RPGs do. Remember in Chrono Trigger when you could get Magus in your party?

AwesomeRory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AwesomeRory
    @samcotts said:
    " Dude, you're mother fucking Shephard. You could have the kraken in your party and no one would argue. "
    I wonder what that sex scene would look like...
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By xyzygy
    @Jiquk said:
    " If you talk to Tali she expresses her distrust of Legion. And if you do both of their loyalty missions she has a full out argument with him. Personally I think so few people care because the Geth are no longer your main enemies, in the first game everybody never shut up about the Geth,but now the Collectors have taken their place.....Well I am not going to spoil it for anyone but well I guess the Collectors might not be in ME3. "
    Yeah I know like how the HELL are they going to tie this up in ME3?! Bioware has such a huge job on their hands! I mean you were given some pretty massive choices in ME2... just thinking about how they will affect the next game makes me drool.
    smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By smcn
    @xyzygy said:
    Yeah I know like how the HELL are they going to tie this up in ME3?! Bioware has such a huge job on their hands! I mean you were given some pretty massive choices in ME2... just thinking about how they will affect the next game makes me drool. "
    That drool turns into a headache when you try to imagine how many times one would have to play through both of the previous games in order to see everything in Mass Effect 3. There are still decisions you make in the first game that aren't completely addressed in the second. The number of outcomes in Mass Effect 3 based on decisions made in Mass Effect could potentially be exponential when combined with the decisions from Mass Effect 2.

Then again, it's entirely possible that BioWare could cop out and sideline some of the seemingly minor decisions in Mass Effect. For example if the Rachni are supposed to be a major player in Mass Effect 3 (which I believe they will be), they might write in some dumb reason for them to have survived even if you killed the queen on Noveria.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xyzygy
    @smcn: I think the Rachni will survive either way, what really matters is whose side they're on. When you meet that Asari on Ilium she tells you that the Rachni are very grateful and that you have their full support while they grow stronger, as thanks for freeing her. They could possibly be an enemy in ME3 if you killed Queen and they decided to somehow write them into the story.
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By withateethuh
    @Baljot187 said:
    " Bioware worlds are the definition of static. No one cares if you start shooting in the air, it seems unlikely they'd care if you brought a pet geth with you.  "
    Its actually because of design and development limitations, but nice try.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Donos
    @withateethuh said:

" @Baljot187 said:

" Bioware worlds are the definition of static. No one cares if you start shooting in the air, it seems unlikely they'd care if you brought a pet geth with you.  "

Its actually because of design and development limitations, but nice try. "
    I'm being stupidly nitpicky here, but you need to reexamine your argument. He stated that Bioware worlds are extremely static, which they are. Your response is "no, they are not static because.... there were development issues that forced them to be static? Just because theres a reason for a problem doesn't stop it from being a problem, see Mass Effect 1 and texture pop-in.
    Crafted92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Crafted92

yer i was actually hopin for people to go running screaming for their lives or at least for the guy at the citadel with the c-sec scanner to notice it
    Crafted92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Crafted92

@Jiquk said:

" Personally I think so few people care because the Geth are no longer your main enemies, in the first game everybody never shut up about the Geth,but now the Collectors have taken their place....."

yeah collectors mmmhmm but.....half of the people dont believe collectors exist and they are just a story so :S

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#45  Edited By AndrewB

The argument that the Geth are no longer a threat is a weak one because the whole reason for Citadel security being tight enough to piss people off is because of the lingering Geth threat. It was a little jarring to see only one throwaway bit of dialogue from Anderson to explain why people weren't freaking the fuck out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@smcn:  You fight rachni on other planets in the original Mass Effect.  The rachni will be back in ME3.  You'll just be tolerated instead of beloved.  Consider Tuchanka's difference with a living and dead Wrex.
    smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By smcn
    @Brodehouse said:
    " @smcn:  You fight rachni on other planets in the original Mass Effect.  The rachni will be back in ME3.  You'll just be tolerated instead of beloved.  Consider Tuchanka's difference with a living and dead Wrex. "
    I had forgotten about the rachni-centric UWs that open up after Noveria. You're probably right, but I doubt one would be "tolerated" after killing (one of?) the last remaining rachni queen. Wrex wasn't exactly high up in krogan society to begin with.
    smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By smcn
    @AndrewB said:

" The argument that the Geth are no longer a threat is a weak one because the whole reason for Citadel security being tight enough to piss people off is because of the lingering Geth threat. It was a little jarring to see only one throwaway bit of dialogue from Anderson to explain why people weren't freaking the fuck out. "

Obviously the tightening of security is an allusion to the TSA, but it goes a little deeper than that. The geth (terrorists) have been turned into an faceless entity against which the Council is waging a "war" in order to rule by fear, while ignoring the real threat. In two years, don't you think it's possible that the Council's idea of a geth could have taken hold amongst the plebes? Hell, that's what they did with Shepard, which may be why most people don't recognize her.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@smcn:  "Shepard, you have tried to silence our song, and drown out the euphony of our choir.  You insult us with your presence, and yet you seek to make us dischordant with the ones you call Reapers?  You cannot understand our song as you are, Shepard.  Not unless you GO TO AREA - KILL ENEMIES - HAVE CUT SCENE - MAKE STORY DECISION and return to us.  Only then will you be capable of hearing our reverie."

The thing everyone wants, which is buckets and buckets of content affected by your story decisions, is also the thing they don't want... buckets and buckets of content locked out because of your story decisions.  It's really hard to justify putting millions of dollars behind designing, generating, writing and voicing content that will only be seen if the player made a certain decision back in 2007.  It's impressive enough that they've gone as far as they have.

I also assume that one explanation is the real one; that most people don't have the slightest clue on what a geth is or how to spot one, and assume that Legion is a mobile VI or battle mech.  The galaxy is a very complicated place, but people haven't shown to be that smarter or different than today.  It also leads to the TSA thing, because if you asked most guys who are working security to pull a wage, they probably couldn't spot a real terrorist if they had to pick them out of a line.
    rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By rockinkemosabe

It's cause of that N7 armour. They know he's legit that way. Maybe?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.