Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

5000 effective military strength mark? (May contain spoilers)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

so bioware lied out of their ass on this one huh.... 

im at the end of the game with 4500 effective military strength and my only mission is the final mission, and ive looked up that the best ending requires 5000 effective military strength points. 

and apparently word on other forums is that this is NOT achievable without playing multiplayer.... 

can anyone confirm if they have finished the game with 5000 effective military strength points, WITHOUT playing the multiplayer ? 

i want to just lash out and say that this is the worst thing ever  that they could have done but this couldnt be true i mean hell they announced that it doesnt require to play multiplayer to get the best ending 

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-General-Discussion-No-ME3-Spoilers-allowed/A-note-about-multiplayer-in-relation-to-the-endings-9665384-1.html 

but apparetnly thats a big lie

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaggE
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

I have over 5000 and haven't touched the multiplayer. I'm not even finished with the story anytime soon.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CaptainCharisma

I had 7,000 worth of assets and got the "best ending" without playing multiplayer. Just enjoy the game and hope you enjoy the ending more than I did.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrfluke
    @MikkaQ: did you do all the side quests in all 3 games, like what did you do to get the 5000 points,  

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar

I got 6700 and I know I missed stuff.  Both Kasumi and Zaeed's side quests bugged out on me and were undoable along with a bunch of citadel sidequests that were just too obnoxious to deal with.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrfluke

you people are blowing my mind, cause i swear i did everything and only ended up with 4500, 

guess i didnt, time to reload a save then

owack6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By owack6

You arer not missing anything with the ending dude just keep playing like you are.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm

SPOILERS AHOY!

What ending do you get with such a strong military? I just finished it, my Shepard decided to let the beam fly, destroying all of the Mass Relays and sending us back a thousand years. Apparently the Normandy crashlanded on some planet. And now, credits.

Can anybody tell me what is going on? I feel like the entire series was just retconned in like, ten minutes.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pinworm45

I got the over 5000 ending and it did not seem to make a difference at all. I honestly can't even see how it WILL make a difference. I'll youtube it I guess. my point is, I really wouldn't worry about it..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The multiplayer is way more fucking fun than scanning Goddamn planets.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Ghostiet
    @Brodehouse said:

The multiplayer is way more fucking fun than scanning Goddamn planets.

This. Somehow, BioWare made the scanning minigame from 2 even worse, by combining it with Dragon Age 2 fetch quests. It's kind of a work of art, actually.
    GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GeneralZod37

I'm not entirely sure how the endings could be different to be honest. I did everything in the game, except multiplayer, and ended up with a score of 7091.

I mean I guess Shepard can live but I went with the "paragon" choice of controlling the reapers and he definitely died.
    corporalgregg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By corporalgregg

Finished with 7197 war assets, no multiplayer played at all. Still not sure about that ending, need to sleep on it.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
    James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only did 4 side missions and my effective military strength was...

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By AndrewB

@Turambar said:

I got 6700 and I know I missed stuff. Both Kasumi and Zaeed's side quests bugged out on me and were undoable along with a bunch of citadel sidequests that were just too obnoxious to deal with.

Had a number of quests bug out on me too, becoming unfinishable. As far as I know, there is currently no way to 100% the Mass Effect series.

At least apparently Conrad Verner acknowledges his own bug from Mass Effect 2.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @mrfluke
    People mentioning 5k and more mean their Total Millitary Strength i believe. (if readiness is at 50%)
    I have done every sidequest from 1 to 3 and my Total Millitary Strength is at around 7000 which is with getting everyone to work together. This is around where most people top out (depending on some choices).
    How are you able to have 4500 Effective Military Strengh? With 50% readiness which you have without playing multiplayer that would mean your Total Millitary Strength is 9000, which seems impossible.

@Napalm
    The only change with a huge effective military strength (actual number is a matter of speculation at this point) is that you get a glimpse of N7 armor in the rubble and it moves as if someone took a breath.
    This is only possible if you chose the renegade path and kill all Geth and EDI.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MikkaQ

@mrfluke said:

@MikkaQ: did you do all the side quests in all 3 games, like what did you do to get the 5000 points,

the only race thats pissed off with me is the salarians, but fuck them, everyone else is working together

I don't know how I got that high, I just did every sidequest as soon as I was able to. Almost at 6000 now and just got the achievement for beating all N7 missions.

But yeah the import I brought in had everything done and done well across the last two games. I doubt that had too much to do with it.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I was just about to make a thread asking if 6000 overall strength was good enough. Apparently it is. Hope so at least.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaptainCharisma

No military strength is high enough to prepare you for the way Mass Effect 3 ends.

nilcalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nilcalion

You need over 4000 EMS for the 'best' ending IF you properly execute a certain interrupt during one of the ending scenes. If not, you need 5000+ EMS. So basically you don't need multiplayer at all, and even if you did it's not a big deal, if you play 2 rounds the readiness go above 60% which can be a pretty big boost and takes like 30-40 minutes.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @nilcalion said:

You need over 4000 EMS for the 'best' ending IF you properly execute a certain interrupt during one of the ending scenes. If not, you need 5000+ EMS. So basically you don't need multiplayer at all, and even if you did it's not a big deal, if you play 2 rounds the readiness go above 60% which can be a pretty big boost and takes like 30-40 minutes.

Ummm with those numbers (4k-5k EMS) if you have not played MP at all (50% readiness) you would need 8000 and 10000 total military strengh which is impossible as far as i know
    EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By EJ

There's a difference between Total Military Strength and Effective Military Strength. Your Total Military Strength is halved if you don't play any multiplayer which is kinda crazy for xbox users in my opinion since the game doles out its endings based on your Effective Military Strength.

Edit: According to spoiler free forums you need 5000 EMS to get the "best" ending

nilcalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nilcalion

@Tennmuerti: 8000 is certainly possible with NG+

SonicBoyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SonicBoyster

I had over 6000, apparently without even finding out that vernor is in the game or zhaeed had a sidequest somewhere.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deanoxd

umm i was at 6887 with the final mission left and i did every mission.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @nilcalion said:

@Tennmuerti: 8000 is certainly possible with NG+

NG+ just gives you 1k assets or something?
    Because most people i've heard top out at about 7k (+/- a few hundred depending on choices)
    Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ihmishylje

A lot of people here seem to have confused total and effective military ratings...

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Ihmishylje said:

A lot of people here seem to have confused total and effective military ratings...

I know right? I have a little over 7100 Total which would give me 3550 Effective with no multiplayer. I have no intention of waiting a couple days to beat the game due to multiplayer. So for the best ending so I am just going to use a save game editor and boost my numbers artificially.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Yup. That did it. I'm over 16,000 total strength now.

thegamejunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thegamejunky

@CaptainCharisma: Hi there everybody!

After beating the Sh*tt out off Reapers i felt quite god but the bullsh*t ending where evrything goes fine except Shepard dies really pisses me off..!!! ahhrruuhh...

My Millitary strength = 6214

Effective millitary strength = 3107

Galactic Readiness = 50%

And the Effective millitary strength bar was more than full and green..... but as per IGN we need it to be atleast 4000

for a good ending were shepard lives, So wht possibly went wrong with my game ???

thegamejunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By thegamejunky

@Tennmuerti: Well I thought the same, As per IGN we need 4000 EMS (Effective Millitary Strength) that means our

Total EMS must be 8000!! I ust want to know whether is it possible to get this much EMS whith radiness 50% ???

My Millitary strength = 6214

Effective millitary strength = 3107

Galactic Readiness = 50%

And the Effective millitary strength bar was more than full and green..... but as per IGN we need it to be atleast 4000

for a good ending were shepard lives, So wht possibly went wrong with my game ???

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33  Edited By AndrewB

I did everything I could do besides maybe two or three bugged and unfinishable side quests, and my effective military strength was I believe 3800 something.

Well, crap... there's literally nothing I can do besides play multiplayer.

But I mean... considering this is the end of the series and all, I'll probably just youtube the ending at this point.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Brodehouse said:
    The multiplayer is way more fucking fun than scanning planets.
    Absolutely.  I don't care how anti-multiplayer you are, if you would rather scan planets in ME3 instead of play a co-op horde mode with a friend or two, you're wrong. 

That said, it's still absolute BS that it even affects your damn single player game.
    jackelbeaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jackelbeaver

As long as you have the bar full you get all 3 choices. if you have 5000 strength then one of the endings changes a little more significantly than the others. Getting through this game with almost no readiness...you really dont lose anything. Its not like the loyaltymissions in ME2. This isn't pivotal in an obvious sense anyways. You can play it how you want and get that ending. Its not like ME2 where if you dont play the loyalty missions and fuck up the suicide mission then you can't import into 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.