Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Are you going to play through this again? (I'll allow spoilers)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I'm just wondering, I think it's a fantastic game for the most part, and right now I'm not sure if I want to or not. If I did, I'd do the hardest difficulty, but there are so many guys in the game to kill that'd be a challenge I'm guessing. I'll be able to do it, and that's not necessarily the biggest problem; the ending for me is the biggest problem. I'm not necessarily in the bandwagon with others that say it sucks, and the only reason is because while I thought it could have been (well... much) better, it was powerful all the same and it felt like beauty before death, like a bad but beautiful nightmare, that's the closest thing I can compare it to anyways.

It's just that no matter what I do, the ending will always be the three choices with very little change. So I think the only reason I want to experience it again is because playing on the easier difficulty made the action sections go by too quickly, and I really enjoyed the shooting sections. Or, I mean the main mission stages; roaming around the citadel and on the galaxy map to do side quests were unfortunately, underwhelming-ly repetitive, though you'll only really notice that about half way through the game, or at least I did. Anyways, what about you? Will you go through it again, or are you fine with the one go?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By alistercat

I ended the game at about level 56, and am starting a new game plus on Insanity for the sake of it and to max out my character. I intend to do everything again, but I won't listen to the ambient quest dialogue this time. There are a lot of interesting ambient stories hidden in the world but I'll just walk by this time.

Give it a go. There's no reason to do it right now.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm actually going to watch someone's playthrough on YouTube. I've played it once myself, and now I'd like to see someone else experience the more interesting points of the journey.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

Of course I am. The ending kinda soured me but whatever, the game is the best in the trilogy, IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
    deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tempted to play with a blank character, no import, just to see the amount of things that can change on that. it's gotta be pretty staggering the amount of variables flying around. At some point anyway, not one for immediate replays ... only played ME2 once in total. ME1 quite a few times though - can't say the ending of that only having a tiny variance stopped me replaying though.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Samaritan

Weighing my options between playing through all three games AGAIN or just jumping into 3 again.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#7  Edited By Mnemoidian

Yes. As someone who hates the end, but loved everything else in the game, I've already started my insanity playthrough... which I may restart because I don't think the editing I did (I wanted a "worst case" save from ME2) worked very well.

But, yes, definitely.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Funkydupe

@Mnemoidian: Do you get a bonus or something for completing ME3 on insanity, or do you just like to torture yourself? :)

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By innacces14

Thinking about taking my Sentinel Female Shepard through Insanity even though I got the achievement my first runthrough. Only thing stopping me is multiplayer and helping my buds rank their favorite classes up.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sooty

Nope. The ending made me not want to play any of the games again, including 2 which is a far better game in every way.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MideonNViscera

I don't plan to trade in my Mass Effect games, so I'll play this again eventually, but it won't be 5 minutes after I beat it like I did for the other 2.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MrMuscle

I started right back up with a new game +. I will take my time with it and also play some multiplayer as well since i discovered that i actually quite enjoyed it.

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By boboblaw

Yeah of course I am. ME3 is an excellent game and the ending didn't change my opinion on that.

I plan to go through ME and ME2 again before I play 3 as I haven't played the original since I first completed it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NTM

@MrMuscle: Just wondering, can I new game plus on hard? Or whatever the hardest difficulty is called.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mnemoidian

@Funkydupe:Mostly, I want to do an insanity playthrough because of how much fun I had doing it in ME2 - it's a completely different game, a lot more dependent on you making sure you are controlling your squadmates as well as you are controlling Shepard.

It's a lot more tactical, and requires you to give some thought to who you want to bring to missions, you need to balance firepower (Assault rifles, Sniper Rifles) with Biotic/Tech use - and make sure that you have efficient methods of combating barriers, shields and armor. Overload, Warp are very good, Stasis and Singularity can be very efficient...

(If you mean why I want a worst-case save... it's because I want to see how much of a difference it is from my near-ideal save I used for my my first playthrough (on Hardcore), especially what happens if you sell Legion to Cerberus and not destroy the Collector base in ME2 (and some other things). I'm a bit worried that it will be very hard to get to the end at all with a worst-case scenario on Insanity, but... we'll see! As long as I'm having fun, it's ok.)

You do get some bonuses that carry over from a previous playthrough (like getting access to the squadmember abilities that you unlocked in your previous game), but I take it that's not what you meant? :) More a question of what the gain from doing an Insanity playthrough is? :)

The accomplishment of having done it, I guess?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By rjayb89  Online

Yeah, Renegade Adept is hilarious.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By donchipotle

Yeah, I have to do an Insanity run and get to level 60 and then bring over my character who didn't have everyone survive ME2 just cuz.

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Burns09

Absolutely I'll play it through again. The best of the series by far, just you know, except for those last few minutes.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Marz

i'm halfway through a second playthrough, wanted to see what the renegade choices looked like.

Firepaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Firepaw

Probably, getting the rest of the cheevoes and the game is great except for a couple of minutes.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mordukai

@Funkydupe said:

@Mnemoidian: Do you get a bonus or something for completing ME3 on insanity, or do you just like to torture yourself? :)

You just get an Achievement/Trophy which basically says that you have no life. :p

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Dingofighter

Probably not, pretty much everything felt perfect in my playthrough, and going through it again will probably just make me see the breaking points.
    Also the ending made me not really want to play again...
    Who knows, though, maybe I will go through it again in the future. I just don't feel like it right now.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mnemoidian

@Mordukai: Zing!

I like how you aren't being judgmental at all.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mordukai

@Mnemoidian: I know, right. The ironic thing is that I have Platinum in Demon's Souls so...

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gatehouse

Yep, I'll give it another go, this time with my DudeShep. Going to leave it a little while though and just play some mulitplayer/other stuff in the mean time, that ending soured me a bit.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BraveToaster

Yes, I'm currently on my second playthrough and I'm going to start another where my Shepard looks like Obama.

815Sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By 815Sox

I am playing it right now, played as a soldier on normal for the story. Now playing as an Adept on hardcore, I am sure this isn't going to be my last time either. I just talked to Cortez and he mentioned that he has a HUSBAND!!! THE HORROR!! THE HORROR!!! They are "forcing" this... Lesbians left and right are fine of course. Bioware acknowledging genetics how dare they.

Playing it as "renegade" for the most part, but I cannot tell someone to "just get over it" in regards to losing their partner.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UitDeToekomst

i'm less than 20 hours in, but i can't see myself playing through again unless must-play DLC comes out that requires a pre-finish save. otherwise, i am content with what has happened thus far, and will move on to my unbelievably lengthy game backlog.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By AndrewB

Absolutely. Playing a class besides Soldier for the first time since realizing my Vanguard wasn't cutting it in Mass Effect 2. I ended up doing a ton of sniping in my first play through, so I'm going as an actual Infiltrator this time. Also playing renegade. I swear, playing renegade is just more fun, and it really fits with the lone gunner character of Shepard.

Avatar image for royalewifcheese
    RoyaleWifCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RoyaleWifCheese

I'll probably jump back in and play with my alternate Shepard from ME2 (went through that twice with the same ME1 character). I only finished it a few hours ago, however, so I have no immediate desire to.

renachan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By renachan

I went through a period where I wasn't sure I'd ever want to touch any Mass Effect game after that ending :/ But thankfully over that now, and replaying 3 so I can actually do From Ashes DLC- forgot to pop it in the first time, and now I guess I have a save for the future if I want where I choose control. Because at that point I was saying f you to the choices :) 

Also wanting to replay from 2 (on ps3 so my starting point) and try both other classes and some options. I ended up with a mostly paragon FemShep that went more renegade in 3 but still ended up like 70% paragon. Want one with a different mix, and who knows maybe I'll get myself to try ManShep. Just very hard with how very much Shepard has Jennifer Hale's voice for me, but I really do want to try him out so that might be my next series playthrough.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#32  Edited By StarvingGamer

Started my femagade playthrough an hour after beating it the first time. Then I got sidetracked by multiplayer. But I will probably go back to her on Monday.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I don't know... D:

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hoossy

@NTM:

thanks for "allowing" me to include spoilers! I was really worried there

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ichthy

Nope. I play through heavily story-based games for their stories. And I'm tapped out with this one.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pinworm45

I see no point. I was planning on an Engineer starting at ME2 with the Interactive Comic, doing a speed run to get terrible endings, but that ending just completely put me off. I can't give a fuck about uniting a galaxy when it falls apart anyway, or stopping a human reaper that exists for no reason and makes no sense.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By Sackmanjones

Already started

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#38  Edited By jillsandwich

I have to get all the achievements. I can't NOT get them all.

After that, maybe I'll focus on S-ranking ME1. ME2 was a piece of cake, but Mass Effect will be a pain in the ass on Insanity.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Red

Yeah, in a bit. I already beat it on Insanity so I may actually lower the difficulty. Anyways, I'm probably gonna replay the first two as well, and considering I just did that, I'm gonna wait a bit until I have more free time and everything isn't so fresh in my mind. That being said, I'm not sure how much I'll do differently. I mean, I don't think I could fake the Genophage or kill of the Geth if I go through as Renegade.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By 137

I think I will wait to see what dlc they have planed for the single player campaign of the game before I dive in and make anymore playthroughs. I am now tempted to play through 1 and 2 again and make some more illogical decisions that wont favor carry over into part 3 since we all know how they'll turn out now anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.