Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

DLC help in Mass Effect 3

goldy220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey, About to start Mass Effect 3 and I have a question regarding the various DLC packs. Do I need to install them in any specific order and do I need to do the DLC missions before beating the game? I know with Mass effect one I forgot to install the DLC that came with the game until I had already beaten the game and in order to play it I had to load an old save before getting to the endgame area.

Lastly, are all the mission-based Mass Effect 3 DLC worth getting? (Citadel/Omega/Leviathan/Extended Cut/From Ashes)

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

You can install them in whatever order.

After you beat the game it dumps you back into the Normandy where you can do any missions/DLC you haven't completed yet.

IMO, From Ashes and Citadel are must haves. Leviathan is pretty good, it adds some huge bits of lore to the overall universe but is irrelevant to the core plot of ME3. Omega is extremely combat-heavy so, unless you are a particularly big fan of shooting stuff or really want to see a female Turian, you can skip it. The Extended Cut is free but it doesn't add anything to the ending outside of dumbing it waaay down. I guess if you haven't beaten it the normal way before, you probably won't notice just how lowest-common-denominator they made the game so it probably won't bother you.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The only thing to really be aware of is that the Citadel DLC in particular is very challenging, so you may want to hold off playing it until just before ordering all the troops to Earth. That way you'll have more upgrades.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@goldy220: Definitely get the Citadel DLC, but don't play it until AFTER you beat ME3 depending on how seriously you take the story. Its more of a hilarious, over the top fan service then a part of the core story, its very funny and entertaining and this tone I feel strongly detracts from the over all morose and serious mood ME3 is trying to create.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.