Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Does anyone know of any DLC to come out?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I don't just mean the added on ending, but I mean in general for the campaign. I like to think that I wouldn't be into DLC if it was something that took place before the ending of three because I already know how it ends, and nothing I do will really change it, but as I think of it right now, I'm pretty sure I'd still buy them. That was one of the greatest things about Mass Effect 2. I mean, when the game came out and I had played through it the first time, I thought bits and pieces were fantastic, but the a lot of it (like the original at first as well) didn't really get me, but when the DLC came out I got most of them, except for Overlord and Arrival, not because I didn't want them, but it was just the lack of money then.

Anyways, with the new guns, a new character, and a new stage, it heightened the experience of the entire game, and it also made me realize I liked that game a lot more than I did before. Now, I really do enjoy ME3, and I can even count the few problems I have with it. I'm just wondering what kind of cool DLC they could put out with this game though, and if anyone knows of anything. As with any good fiction (especially science fiction), you don't want it to end, and I realize it will have to at some point, but I just don't feel like Shepard's story is fulfilled just yet. It'd be nice to have at least enough new stuff to buy and download to make up for some of the problems I have with it (like the mundane and tedious fetch-quests that just feel like filler for the most part.)

Well, yeah, that's what I wanted to know. What's something other than the added on ending that you would look forward to?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

People have been talking about 'retake Omega' with Aria. Seems like their best option. Omega was probably the iconic Mass Effect 2 location (Presidium in ME1), and conspicuously missing in ME3.

It would have to be something unrelated to the main plot, so it could be done in any of the three acts, so nothing heavily involving the krogan, salarians, quarians, geth, Council, or Illusive. Aria seems the forerunner there.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By napalm

@Brodehouse said:

Omega was probably the iconic Mass Effect 2 location (Presidium in ME1), and conspicuously missing in ME3.

It isn't conspicuously missing. There's no reason to go back there.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

Probably one where you play as another character concurrent with what's going on with Shepard. Like Anderson fucking shit up on Earth.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NTM

@rjayb89: I wouldn't enjoy that as much, but maybe. As of right now, if it's not a new game, I don't think I want to play as someone else other than Shepard. That's not to say if something came out that didn't have Shepard in it would be bad, but it's not what I'd prefer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Napalm

@Brodehouse said:

Omega was probably the iconic Mass Effect 2 location (Presidium in ME1), and conspicuously missing in ME3.

There's no reason because they didn't write one, which they can easily do. There was no reason to go to Palaven's moon or Rannoch until they wrote one. My roommate isn't a hardcore nerd and even he asked "Do you ever go to Omega? It's weird that you don't."

Let me put it this way, it would be weird if they didn't write the ME2 squadmates into the story, and it is weird they didn't write Omega into it.
    DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

@Napalm said:

@Brodehouse said:

It is a major location in the lead comics. My guess is that they will have Omega DLC, having you help Aria take it back from Cerberus before the end game.

Other than the "ending" DLC, they haven't said a thing, though.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

@Brodehouse said:

@Napalm

@Brodehouse said:

There's no reason because they didn't write one, which they can easily do. There was no reason to go to Palaven's moon or Rannoch until they wrote one. My roommate isn't a hardcore nerd and even he asked "Do you ever go to Omega? It's weird that you don't."
    No Caption Provided
    joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshthebear

After that ending I honestly have no desire for any kind of dlc, as it will have zero effect on the story.

sixpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By sixpin

@joshthebear said:

After that ending I honestly have no desire for any kind of dlc, as it will have zero effect on the story.
    zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeushbien

@joshthebear said:

Yeah.. I wonder if all the backlash towards the ending has changed their DLC plans, since I can imagine alot of people feel something similar.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quarters

Basically, all they've said is that they are working on the Extended Cut first, putting the rest of their DLC on the backburner. Once it is done, however, they will start working on the other SP DLC. They've also said in the past that it won't take place after the game, and that it will just resolve plot threads they weren't able to get to in the main game. Omega is by biggest guess as well, since the last comic had everything to do with that, and also since Aria herself hinted at going back there and knocking heads within ME3. Just makes the most sense. Outside of that, no clue what type of stuff they would do. However, they are certainly planning more than one thing.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I heard a rumor about an Love Interest DLC, which sounds like an interesting idea but not sure how that would work since not everyone picks a romance. Plus what would you even do, go on a date?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By AngelN7

The thing about DLC is that it doesn't leads to anything like ME2 DLC lead into ME3 I would like to know what other stories they can tell but I would rather have something after the ending in like a "...years later" kinda thing told by the Stargazer, I guess the extended cut will provie a window for something like that.

dastly75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dastly75

@JeanLuc: My love interest is dead :(

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By williamhenry

@Twinsun said:

@joshthebear said:

Yeah.. I wonder if all the backlash towards the ending has changed their DLC plans, since I can imagine alot of people feel something similar.

No matter how many complained, its still a vocal minority. Other than the ending DLC stuff, I can't imagine the complaints changed their plans that much.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@dastly75: Bummer dude.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AngelN7

@JeanLuc said:

I heard a rumor about an Love Interest DLC, which sounds like an interesting idea but not sure how that would work since not everyone picks a romance. Plus what would you even do, go on a date?

I hope not she died in the sadest scene I've ever seen in a game ...

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Many of the Voice Actors finished recording their new lines for the Extended Cut DLC.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By fetchfox

@Napalm: No main canon reason no, but possible fun sidestory-wise? Absolutely.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dany

Presumably they are still working on the 'Clarification and expansion of ideas of ME3 Ending" DLC but beyond that I dunno, I want a good excuse to go back to the single player. I play a lot of MP surprisingly.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DeShawn2ks

@NTM: I really want some kind of DLC where you take back Omega but beyond that I don't know. Knowing how the game ends kind of bums me out on the DLC front. I am trying to S rank the game now and for some reason the multiplayer has its hooks in me. The only thing that keeps me going is the whole indoctrination theory. It makes more sense to me than all the plot holes at the end of the game. I just can't see Bioware falling apart that much at the final moments of their trilogy when just about everything else has been so good story wise.

mikeerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mikeerik

I'm not sure when new dlc is coming out but check on E3 around june 5-9 and you could get some new info

Z3RO180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Z3RO180

@Brodehouse: are they still doin that ending dlc ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.