Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Half Mass: Status Report

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By indieslaw

Finishing the Fight update #1 -- Mass Effect 3 w/DLC

I'm some portion of the way through Mass Effect 3, and its been interesting. I kind of can't believe how far I was led astray by the chatter surrounding the game this past year. To the point: I really like Mass Effect 3.

I don't know how far I am, really. If I were to guess, I'd say somewhere between 1/2 and 2/3. I just finished the Quarian arc. But my green bar is most of the way full, and the only major race I haven't really recruited is probably the Asari, and I think I just got pointed in their direction.

The sidequest/scanning stuff is kind of strange, but its not the big problem that I feel like I was led to believe. It is a little cognodiso, but not in this big gamebreaking kind of way. For the most part, I feel like its a better mechanical alternative to the scanning in ME2, which in my mind's eye took up endless hours of puttering about the universe.

SPOILER -- I would much rather have had Legion join up again, instead of Tali. Maybe I'm just bitter for never having closed the deal with Tali in 2, something that was the result of a rogue dialogue choice, along with a reckless saving policy.

I've tiptoed into the multiplayer. I don't know how much of it I have to do, but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that there are still low level games going on pretty frequently. Its not the wasteland I imagined I would have to deal with. And... its kinda fun.

I'm hoping to finish up this weekend. I'd like to pick a more straightforward game to finish up next. Maybe Saint's Row The Third, or Rage. Something that's not so sprawling. I'd go with Analogue: A Hate Story, but I'm already reading too much text as it is. Sidenote: When I do that one, it'll be the most boring livestream in the short history of livestreams.

Anyway, if you'd like to follow my playthroughs, follow me on twitch. It's www.twitch.tv/indieslaw, though www.indieslaw.com redirects there for the moment.

mrpandaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@videorob: Unless something went wrong with loading the page, you should repost as the formatting is all messed up. Makes it hard to read ><

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, I'm not going to read that.

indieslaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry about that. Byword was in markdown mode for some reason. Thanks for the heads up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.