Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

i miss my old crew

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By quicklookman

thats one thing i missed from the other was my crew and companions we got missions with them like jacks mission but i wanted them to hop on the normandy after i helped them and help me fight the reapers but instead they are turned into points for the asset bar

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a shame so many got relegated to points status, but as long as i had Garrus...

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By quicklookman

yeah Garrus was awesome like he always is he also there in case the bottles revolt hahaha

Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kandycane2029

I always used Garrus and Tali, so I kinda lucked out.

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By quicklookman

well yeah thats what i did because they were with me from the start but i thought it would have been cool to have miranda and jack fighting together and i was hoping they would be cool with eachother because in 2 i made sure to bring jack in for miranda's loyalty mission and jack for miranda's mission so maybe they would understand eachother that would have been awesome or wrex and grunt fighting together because who wouldnt want 2 krogan fighting with you haha or see samara and liara some cool combinations like that you know

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

Yeah the squad is extremely weak in this game.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deathstriker666

The only characters I gave a fuck about in ME 2 where all from the first game. Good riddance

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Since I used Garrus and Tali in all 3 games it all worked out.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By jaycrockett

While the first crew was my favorite, it was weird that every single character introduced in mass effect 2 was not available in your squad.

Was it possible to get Tali and Garrus to die in the suicide mission? I know you can just not pick Tali up in Mass Effect 1, so they must have accounted for that. Is that just one less squad member?

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By quicklookman

I think if tali dies they replace her with admiral raan i think thats how you spell her name but i dont know what happens if you decide not to pick her up in one

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By pyromagnestir

I guess the way I saw it was 4 of the 7 characters were my og crew from game 1 so I wasn't disappointed. Especially with Liara being as badass in this game as any character in any game has ever been, dropping singularities and stasis like it was nothing.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ulain

Lack of squad members was just one more feature to the illusion of choice (or lack thereof) in this game, much like people seem to say about the dialogue and ending :(

Dont get me wrong, I still liked the game. Maybe I'm just sad that you didn't get a krogan squadmate this time around, or Thane. For a guy with space AIDS, he kicked a lot of ass in a short amount of time.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bane

I think Legion is one of the best characters in ME. It's a damn shame how little squad time he gets.

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By quicklookman

yeah i just feel wronged since some of their excuses for not joining you in the first place were just stupid like jacob he says he needs to protect the cerberus scientist even though i sent them to most secure place in the galaxy and then later on I find him grocery shopping that pissed me off so bad but thane was already dying so that made since i just dont like that they were basically turned into 25 points of a stupid bar

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By onan

@Ulain said:

Lack of squad members was just one more feature to the illusion of choice (or lack thereof) in this game, much like people seem to say about the dialogue and ending :(

Dont get me wrong, I still liked the game. Maybe I'm just sad that you didn't get a krogan squadmate this time around, or Thane. For a guy with space AIDS, he kicked a lot of ass in a short amount of time.

Are you talking about the Genophage? That's not Space AIDS. The closet analog would probably be Space Chlamydia. It makes them unable to make babies, not unable to fight off infections. Now that I mention it, if anyone has Space AIDS, it's the Quarians.

@quicklookman said:

well yeah thats what i did because they were with me from the start but i thought it would have been cool to have miranda and jack fighting together and i was hoping they would be cool with eachother because in 2 i made sure to bring jack in for miranda's loyalty mission and jack for miranda's mission so maybe they would understand eachother that would have been awesome or wrex and grunt fighting together because who wouldnt want 2 krogan fighting with you haha or see samara and liara some cool combinations like that you know

I think the words you're looking for are "Ménage à trois."

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wrex should stop trying to save his race and join me in shooting things.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Tennmuerti

Apart from Mordin I did not care much about any new character from ME2.
    And Mordin is handled very well in ME3

Maybe Legion a little bit. 
    But again both of those characters have huge impact on events of ME3.
    Aside from those 2 the most worthwhile characters are still there from ME1.
    So does Wrex.
    Come to think of it the best characters got the most face time, seems apropriate.

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By quicklookman

@Tennmuerti said:

Apart from Mordin I did not care much about any new character from ME2. And Mordin is handled very well in ME3 Maybe Legion a little bit. But again both of those characters have huge impact on events of ME3. Aside from those 2 the most worthwhile characters are still there from ME1. So does Wrex. Come to think of it the best characters got the most face time, seems apropriate.

well i guess im just a fan of the character of me2 more then most

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SlightConfuse

speaking of the old crew does anyone know if katsumi is in this game. im at the quarian/geth part right now?

shame there was no krogan but i like the crew in 3

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By quicklookman

yeah kasumi is a mission you can get from talking to a salarian right infront of the spectre office but i think you are past that point if your at the geth/quarian war

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BisonHero

It's kinda ridiculous that since much of the ME2 squad can potentially die at the end of ME2, they didn't want to risk giving them a lot of screen time in ME3. So instead, your squad is almost entirely ME1 and new ME3 characters.

I see why they did it for efficiency reasons, since the other option would be to add in tons of content for the ME2 squad that players would never even appreciate, but this just seems like another reason people were disappointed in ME3. They could've gone all out and made the game this glorious end to the trilogy that pulls out all the stops and gives you the option of every past squad member, but instead the amount of squad members you get is actually quite modest. It's kinda just more of the same, instead of being the Mass Effect to end all Mass Effects.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SlightConfuse

@quicklookman: weird i did that quest and she did not show up, i guess my save did not import right or something. oh well no big loss

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By quicklookman

@SlightConfuse: yeah you could probably find some youtube video of it

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By quicklookman

maybe they could give us more mission with the ME2 crew or something but yeah it feels like they just took the safest route if they died they just had a replacement i think thats just dumb it should be if a person dies you do not get that mission

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SeanFoster

I wish they'd saved the suicide "anyone can die" notion until ME3. I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner by allowing such randomness to the deaths in ME2. They had to write around so many characters potentially not being in the 3rd game, and a lot of them end up with fairly unimportant cameos because of it.

quicklookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By quicklookman

yeah that would have saved them from this kinda mess but i bet they had bunch of really cool ideas about they way they wanted it to turn out but they probably had to scrap them when they had a deadline or whatever happened

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BisonHero

@seanfoster said:

I wish they'd saved the suicide "anyone can die" notion until ME3. I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner by allowing such randomness to the deaths in ME2. They had to write around so many characters potentially not being in the 3rd game, and a lot of them end up with fairly unimportant cameos because of it.

I think you summarized that very well. The suicide mission idea is good, but when you know you're making a trilogy (because your publisher likes money), putting the potential suicide mission in the 2nd installment just causes headaches and disappointment in the 3rd installment.

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By BawlZINmotion

@seanfoster said:

I in no way can disagree with this statement. I think it might have been more effective if the "squad-leadership" choices in the final act of Mass Effect 2 served essentially as, "the three characters the player does not want to die"; putting the rest into a random pool of survival based on your readiness. with better thought out cameos in ME3. ME2 is great because the narrative is almost totally removed from the "trilogy", with only a small Reaper tie-in towards the end. Something that could have easily been substituted by another antagonistic force. In fact, the Collectors served as that up until the end. The ME2 prologue handled the new user perfectly and the rest was more or less self contained. In my opinion the superior portion of ME3 is actual combat. Weird, that's exactly how I feel about Dragon Age II when compared to its predecessor. And no I don't think the encounters in DA2 are great, I just think combat mechanics and flow are much better. That said, the narrative in ME3 involving Wrex and Mordin is superb, which to me demonstrates that Bioware still knows how to rock the boat. And that leads me to believe they were forced to into a less than adequate production window. That also leads me to believe the ending wasn't finished, probably partially because of the time frame given to complete/release ME3 and partly because, really, how do you do meaningful DLC to a game that has a definitive conclusion?

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By onan

@BisonHero said:

It's kinda ridiculous that since much of the ME2 squad can potentially die at the end of ME2, they didn't want to risk giving them a lot of screen time in ME3. So instead, your squad is almost entirely ME1 and new ME3 characters.

I see why they did it for efficiency reasons, since the other option would be to add in tons of content for the ME2 squad that players would never even appreciate, but this just seems like another reason people were disappointed in ME3. They could've gone all out and made the game this glorious end to the trilogy that pulls out all the stops and gives you the option of every past squad member, but instead the amount of squad members you get is actually quite modest. It's kinda just more of the same, instead of being the Mass Effect to end all Mass Effects.

You're being modest about it being modest. If you don't buy the From Ashes DLC, and Garrus and Tali die on the suicide mission, You only have 4 squad members. If you play neutral, you may be forced to only have 3 squad members by the end of the game. That's insane, especially coming off of a game that made the acquisition of squad members the entire point of the game, ending up with 12 full members (including DLC) after all was said and done (technically 13, but one of them has to die), along with a mission alongside a 14th (?!) temporary member, Liara. (I'm not going to count Kenson or Wilson since they're only in your squad for a ridiculously short period time, about as long as Anderson is in this game, or Jenkins from the first game.)

But seriously, you could be walking into the endgame with THREE PEOPLE. (and I personally wanted to put a bullet into Vega). Fortunately they're pure soldier, pure adept, and pure engineer, because jesus christ, that's a tiny number.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By LiquidPrince

I remember when ME2 came out people were complaining how they missed Liara and Wrex and so on. Just goes to show how much each game creates likable characters.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Doctorchimp

@LiquidPrince said:

I remember when ME2 came out people were complaining how they missed Liara and Wrex and so on. Just goes to show how much each game creates likable characters.

Except 3...

I was really hoping for Wrex and Thane...or an elcor/hanar.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ulain

@onan said:

@Ulain said:

Are you talking about the Genophage? That's not Space AIDS. The closet analog would probably be Space Chlamydia. It makes them unable to make babies, not unable to fight off infections. Now that I mention it, if anyone has Space AIDS, it's the Quarians.

Ah, no, I meant Thane's disease, Keplar's or something? The one that takes oxygen out of his bloodstream and such. Not to make light of life-threatening illnesses, but it did sound more dire than "space-flu" when I wrote it.

The genophage...*shudders*. I cured that shit; Krogan sex parties for everyone!!

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By onan

@Ulain said:

@onan said:

@Ulain said:

Ah, no, I meant Thane's disease, Keplar's or something? The one that takes oxygen out of his bloodstream and such. Not to make light of life-threatening illnesses, but it did sound more dire than "space-flu" when I wrote it.

The genophage...*shudders*. I cured that shit; Krogan sex parties for everyone!!

Keplar's Syndrome or whatever it was called is pretty analogous to sickle-cell anemia, from what I could tell. They played it up so that it was more appropriate for a desert species suddenly living on an ocean world, but the systems seem almost identical.

No worries, I just thought you were talking about the Krogan.

815Sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By 815Sox

Thought the crew was very good this time, Liara just ripped shiz up. Garrus was very good, Tali was as well. If you needed the big brute James V was actually pretty good.

815Sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By 815Sox

@Bane said:

I think Legion is one of the best characters in ME. It's a damn shame how little squad time he gets.

His story was on of the most moving and well done in the entire game (at least the "all good ending"). The entire story of the Geth is extremely important. They go from villian all the way to establishing themselves as legit "life" that is worthy of the same rights as "organics".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.