Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Load times are beyond awful if you don't have this installed.

• 73 results
    Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Grelik

Yeah... Game loads so fast on my PC that I have the same problem as with Skyrim where I can't read the loading tips. (the perfect framerate is also so very sexual)

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @buft said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@buft said:

I'm no PC elitist, have you seen my green name but some of the problems i have read about make me glad i got this on PC,

What the hell does PC elitist mean anyway? Why don't you call the people who said the X360 version of Bayonetta is better than the PS3 one "Xbox elitists?" Because it's true isn't it? So what's elitist about it?

I don't use the term, it was in response to several people using the term in the first handful of replies.

So you see people using a discriminating term against people that are stating a fact rather than 
    @buft said:

people who fail to see that games can exist on other platforms other than PC, who constantly flout the benefit of keyboard/ mouse over a control pad and can't fathom how people can play games at less than 1080p with less than 60fps.

And you still just use it? "I ain't no PC elitist, folks!" 

>_>
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Azteck

What's with the assholes hating on PC gamers. Superior hardware will give better load times it's a fucking given.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By korwin

@Azteck: People don't like it when someone else has better toys. That and there is a certain number of PC user jackasses out there that do rather hurt the image.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By The_Nubster

@Azteck said:

What's with the assholes hating on PC gamers. Superior hardware will give better load times it's a fucking given.

The thread isn't about how awesome the PC is, though. It's warning people to install to the HDD if they're playing the 360 version of the game. Obviously the PC version is going to be, for the most part, superior. It's redundant to continue to mention how mindbogglingly fast the PC version loads.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Azteck
    @Korwin: Obviously there are people who'll talk down to people who play on consoles, which is incredibly stupid as well, but as far as I could see no one did that, which makes me wonder why people flipped
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Jams

@Pie said:

Bunch of PC elitist idiots

That's not what your mom said last night!

when I was fixing her computer...

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Vorbis

Load times on the PS3 are ridiculously long, just as bad as they were on ME2, Bioware don't seem to understand the PS3 at all.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Sooty

@rebgav said:

@VooDooPC said:

@Sooty said:

On my PC it takes no more than 1 second to load anything. I'm not exaggerating this, SSD is godlike.

I'm running an SSD too, any screens with tips might as well not be there because I read the first word and the game is loaded.

It loads just as quickly from an HDD, your SSD is probably wondering why you are wasting valuable space :p

Mass Effect 2 took more than 1-2 seconds for sure when I had a mechanical HDD, is 3 faster or are you slightly exaggerating?

I don't really mind though, I'll be deleting the game as soon as I finish it so the lack of space makes no difference, I've had like 60GB spare on it since I got it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Sooty said:

@rebgav said:

@VooDooPC said:

@Sooty said:

On my PC it takes no more than 1 second to load anything. I'm not exaggerating this, SSD is godlike.

I'm running an SSD too, any screens with tips might as well not be there because I read the first word and the game is loaded.

It loads just as quickly from an HDD, your SSD is probably wondering why you are wasting valuable space :p

Mass Effect 2 took more than 1-2 seconds for sure when I had a mechanical HDD, is 3 faster or are you slightly exaggerating?

It literally takes one second to load on an HDD. Took me a while to be able to cap the cool loading screens because they flashe so quick everytime.
    Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Milkman said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@Milkman: Your assumption is very wrong.

Oh, really? Got any proof to back that up? Not everyone has a huge hard drive and even if they do, a lot don't even know of the "install to hard drive" option.

I don't need proof, you are just wrong.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#62  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I get about three different load screens in between areas on the citadel, and its pretty annoying to say the least.

I've also had a few issues with doors not opening properly, at one point taking at least 15+ seconds to open a single door mid level. I can't install it either, as my hard drive is pretty much full...I can't understand why this is an issue in a sequel, ME2 didn't have this kind of crap going on in it as often as this game.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#63  Edited By TrashMustache

what's the big fucking deal, install your game, period.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#64  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I have a 1-2 second load on my mechanical RAID 0 setup on my laptop. I wonder how much better it will be when I make it back home and can use my SSD equiped main computer.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By benspyda

Because waiting for 10 seconds in a scanner will ruin your life.

I haven't noticed myself and I'm playing on 360 uninstalled. I find the loading screens keep me interested while it loads for some reason and it doesn't really bother me at all. Even coming from Reckoning on pc being the last main game I played which loaded instantly off my SSD. Disc swapping every couple of hours doesn't really bother me either. At least they try and offset a lot of it with cool loading sequences.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I was going to say it loads nice and fast on the PC, looks like we've already been there tho.

And the resulting butthurt festivities went all night long and into the morning. Just like console load times.

Boom!

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By tyashki

I just go read a codex entry while I'm waiting in the scanner. By the time I'm done so is it!

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By emergency

@Krakn3Dfx said:

I was going to say it loads nice and fast on the PC, looks like we've already been there tho.

And the resulting butthurt festivities went all night long and into the morning. Just like console load times.

Boom!

Theres one big circlejerk in here about pc load times, and it's pretty great.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Krakn3Dfx said:

Boom!

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By VooDooPC

@rebgav said:

@VooDooPC said:

@Sooty said:

My SSD is 240gb, so space isn't at too much of a premium. :D

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71  Edited By N7
    @Subjugation said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Loading time is nearly instant on PS3, and that's without an installation, which you cannot do.
    MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By MetalBaofu

@CL60 said:

Shit, when I watched the quick look I was worried, because while installing usually does help, it's usually not THAT big of a difference. But when I played it, it was just a ridiculous difference. In the quicklook Jeff waited on the disguised load screen area of the Normandy for a long ass time, and when the game is installed it's almost instant. And the armor shit wouldn't even load in the quicklook, and while installed it's almost instant for me.

So yeah. You should probably install the game if you have the space.

Was kinda weird for me. I installed it as soon as I got it and it was fine for awhile, but then the armor load out screen would not load, at all(like in the quick look). Even after turning the game off and coming back the next day, the armor screen would not load the armor previews anymore. I had to uninstall the game to get it to load, so I just leave it uninstalled now. The longer load times don't bother me all that much...guess that's probably because I never had the option to install Xbox games until a few months ago(when I got a bigger hard drive). I probably just got used to looking at TV or something while games load.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#73  Edited By huntad

I usually install games right when I get them, so I didn't really notice. Good looking out for people that don't usually install games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.