Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Lots of technical Problems with Xbox version of ME3

spartan117tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By spartan117tron

Hey so so far I love the game, but I have had a ton of technical problems that have killed some of the moments. A lot of times when in conversation the characters animations will fuck up. For instance in conversation that is suppose to be face to face Shepard have his head turned to the left talking like a damn fool. I get alot of animation stuttering when I am in cutscenes. Also when there is a camera transition sometimes in conversation that person who is supposed to be talking isn't there. I dont know if it is just me or are a lot of people having this problem.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BrockNRolla

I've noticed a time or two where characters seemed to jump around, or background stuff popped in or, or characters had dumb clipping or camera angle issues, but I don't know at that happens all that much. It is irritating when you see it though. A certain character attempted to show me something at one point and I instead ended up looking at the character's back. Either they didn't want to model the object or, as it happened in my mind, the character was actually just flashing me so the camera tastefully angled the shot.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

It hasn't happened to me much. There was that one time where I talked to a minor character on a couch in the Citadel and when I commenced the conversation, his model disappeared but his voice was still there. I just laughed and continued onward.

Honestly, if so many people can have a great time with Skyrim's bugs, I don't think this game should be hammered on for its bugs. Especially when none that I have heard of are gamebreaking (and Harvesters don't seem to fly backwards).

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

Yup, that stuff happens a ton in my game. I don't have subtitles on so it's even more jarring.

honkyjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By honkyjesus

I was going through the ending cutscene, spoiler free, and a bunch of colored triangles were flashing everywhere. I thought maybe for some reason the devs put that in, at this point of the game I would believe anything. Sure enough the game freezes up five minutes into the unskippable cutscene. I start the latest save back up and the seizure inducing colored light show is gone. Hurray.

Some stuff I think of as bugs actually seem to be design issues. As if the game is supposed to do this.

ckeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ckeats

I've seen a few times whee the camera will cut to an empty area as if it was looking at someone then they'll speak. Hilarious most times.

The most technically strange thing though is Traynor's head. It swivels like an owl.

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By beckley205

Whenever I die it takes like 5 minutes for my save to load, it just sits at a black screen making noises.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JasonR86

I think that's how the character animations are supposed to look.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By david3cm

I've had those same issues, characters turning their heads 180 to talk to me which is extremely creepy, missing characters in cutscenes, ect. I'm quite far in the game and with the more armor I've collected it has taken longer and longer to load in the armory switching between pieces to the point it just doesn't load up anymore, which is extremely annoying. I hope they address some of those issues in a (hopefully coming soon) patch.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hatking

There's a pretty nasty bug going on with the Hanar Diplomat Citadel sidequest. If you leave the Citadel after starting the quest something breaks and you'll never be able to finish it. And once you start the Tuchanka missions that side quest is failed. Those of us with glitched games, who want the quest completed, get to sit on our hands and wait to continue with the story.

Okay, I love patches. Fixing little bugs and glitches after release is awesome. Why do I feel like developers are starting to use this as a crutch though? Games like Oblivion had a lot of little glitches, but it was still totally playable for all intents and purposes. Skyrim straight up ruined your character. Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, might have had a few little bugs, but nothing to worry about. Mass Effect 3 is loaded with visual quirks and, at least, one bug that prevents a mission complete. I hope this gets fixed soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.