Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 Insanity

Remedy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Remedy25

After throwing a little tantrum dying over and over, trying to defend the missiles at the end of Mass Effect 3 on insanity, I finally did it. But for some reason I didn't get the 'insanity' achievement. I'm curious to know if anyone else has had this problem?

I skipped past the majority of side missions, since in-turn they're side missions, and the game only asks that I complete the game on insanity without changing the difficulty. For those that have the achievement, did you completely all the primary and secondary missions? The 'Insanity' and 'Hijack' achievements are the only two left on my list.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

I did everything on insanity because there is also an achievement for doing the side stuff on insanity.

I did it with an adept who was near lvl. 60 and it was very very easy. Jush pull/throw everyone

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Aetheldod

Sorry duder ... I played only on insanity so I cant really say :/

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By AndrewB

Oh man, I'd be suuuuper pissed if that achievement failed on me. That last section is the definition of insanity. The only time in any of the games where I ran out of medigel for my squad and was just barely squeaking by with a sliver of health running for my life.

Did a recent patch break it or something? Maybe playing between before the end-game additions and then finishing it after?

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By innacces14

My condolences cause every person who managed to go through that shit storm deserves the Insanity achievement. Other than that *sighs* give it another go. =/

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

Thankfully, I didn't have an issue.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Undeadpool

You changed difficulty before you left Anderson on Earth, right? If so, all I could tell ya is reload the save and try the section again.

Remedy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Remedy25

Yeah, I changed the difficulty as soon I was given control of Shepherd. I quick saved just before starting the 'defend the missile' section. I probably give it another punt tomorrow, kinda had enough of Mass Effect for one day.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Baillie

Eh, ain't that big of a deal, insanity was pretty easy on it, same with the second.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Undeadpool

@Remedy25 said:

Yeah, I changed the difficulty as soon I was given control of Shepherd. I quick saved just before starting the 'defend the missile' section. I probably give it another punt tomorrow, kinda had enough of Mass Effect for one day.

Also are you entirely sure it's supposed to ding directly after the missile defense portion and not at the very, very end?

Remedy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Remedy25

OMG, finally figured it out. If you choose not to comply with the Catalysts options and decided to select the 4th option, which was introduced in the latest patch, then you won't get the achievement.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Baillie

Wait, really? If you shoot the child you don't get the achievement? Talk about stupid. I haven't even went back and played it yet, any good?

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Tylea002

That's pretty stupid, Bioware. Nicely done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da51389f04af
    deactivated-5da51389f04af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

you get the achievment as soon as you make your choice up there on the citadel

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Remedy25 said:

OMG, finally figured it out. If you choose not to comply with the Catalysts options and decided to select the 4th option, which was introduced in the latest patch, then you won't get the achievement.

Motherfucker!  I just screwed up & chose the 4th option & was wondering why Insanity didn't 
    flag.  Now I gotta start over, all the way back to beating the Motherloving Cerberus...And I 
    really & truly hate Marauder Shields!!  Somebody at Bioware is an evil dick. 
    silversnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By silversnake

(sorry for bumping oldish thread, but this is the first hit I got when googling)

Had this just happen to me, no achievement at the end of my Insane playthrough. :( But I found a decent work-around, assuming you still have the game running after the credits. There's a "restart mission" option under Load that puts you right before entering the beam. Letting you replay the ending without doing the last mission over.

This probably only works if you don't shut the game off in a fit of rage before. Hopefully it can help someone out there that runs into this as well!

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Roger778

Insanity mode sounds way too hard to me. I hope I can get an urge to play it that way, because I love the series and I also love getting achievements.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Gerhabio

Insanity was a cakewalk with an Infiltrator with double damage cloak and a weapon mod to slow down time when zooming. I maxed out freezing rounds and I could take any enemy out (except brutes, atlas and other giants) with one head shot or a body shot if cloaked. Plus, if you extend the cloak time you can get away from any situation or run to heal your teammates without being shot at.

I actually found Normal difficulty way harder than Insanity because I was using a Soldier and the Adrenaline Rush power was nerfed from ME2.

P.S. I just got an S-rank on ME3 yesterday (finished the Omega achievements and the kill 5000 enemies one).

feliciano182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By feliciano182

I feel really sorry, defending those missiles is a horrible pain in the ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.