Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3: On Galactic Readiness, Infiltrator, and the End of Shepard's Journey

• 177 results
    Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Olivaw

@Brodehouse said:

@LEGOslayer:

"EDI SHIELDS ON. EDI. EDI- I can't play this."

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By leebmx

@Olivaw said:

@leebmx said:

@Balex1908 said:

"And it's kind of cool because she is one of those people from the game industry that you recognize. So it's like, Oh, hey, there's that girl I recognize from TV!"

Also it`s like "Oh hey, here is something that takes you completely out of the game."

She will probably have a small role, but still stuff like that just makes me worried about the future of Bioware.

Yeah it wasn't the most encouraging reply. At first he says 'it i'll be great cos you'll recognise that girl from the internet' and then he's like 'well its all about the acting and the story.' - They can't both be true.

I think you guys are reaching here.

I've got my reservations about Mass Effect 3, but this is the sort of thing that the game industry is going to have to get used to sooner or later.

LA Noire had dudes from actual television shows in it. Didn't see anyone talking about it breaking immersion.

And really, who the fuck even knows or cares about Jessica Chobot? She works for IGN. The only thing that ever got her any attention was when she licked that PSP.

I've had this argument lots of places this week so I'm a bit loath to have it again - but I suppose I shouldn't have posted. I have no problem with real actors being in games but this just smacks, as man himself said, of getting "that girl I recognise from TV" and putting her in the game for a few cheap hits and sales. The costume they have her in again just screams "look its that sexy IGN girl." Its just cheap.

Honestly I have no probs with her being in the game if they think she really has something to offer as an actress but this is such an obvious piece of cheap stunt casting - I really don't see any other explanation for it.

Don't get me wrong I don't think its the most henious crime in video games, its just a little gross and makes me worry about the current standards of Bioware - however all will be revealed when ME3 comes out - hopefully, please God, it will just be a tiny blip in a magnificent end to the series.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By Dan_CiTi

@Tennmuerti: I agree that the magic was nerfed, but overall the fluidity of the combat, mobility, the controls, interface was better and easier to use. But yeah, I played Vanguard in ME1, and that didn't work in 2.

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By EmuLeader

@Death_Unicorn said:

Am I the only one not super stoked about "Galactic Readiness?"

I have to go and play their other games which I have no interest in in order to get a better ending in the game I paid 60 dollars for? Even within the game, I have to play a mode I'm not that interested in to enhance my singleplayer experience?

The whole thing feels dirty.

My biggest problem is how exclusive it is. Especially the iOS stuff. What about all the people who don't have an iPhone? Are they at a disadvantage because they have no access to this piece of content outside of the retail game?

Sgykah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Sgykah

I'm gonna go ahead and apologize for my first response. Because of your curt responses to my post and the "facepalm" comment I mistook you for a troll and... you know... old habits (I'm getting soft in my old age, I never felt remorse before). Your points actually made me consider aspects of my stance. I kind of wish BioWare would go back to their roots, where, having a companion do things against their stance made them just get up and leave permanently. It really is weird to be able to force Anders into killing every mage you come across. I don't want to come off as an apologist, I really think there were problems with both DAII and ME2. But I have a feeling that Bioware cares...

At least this video addresses quite a few of my concerns with weapons:

http://youtu.be/4L8NOHSC9ww

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#156  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Sgykah: I didn't facepalm at you mate. I just described my reaction to the Anders suicide bombing moment how it made me feel at the time. :)

As far as ME3 is concerned I was very please to hear (some time ago now) when Bioware said they are bringing back some customization and deeper character progression. Right now, how they handle player choices and how they handle the resolution of the entire trilogy is my only concern, personally.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By defaultprophet

@EmuLeader said:

@Death_Unicorn said:

I have to go and play their other games which I have no interest in in order to get a better ending in the game I paid 60 dollars for? Even within the game, I have to play a mode I'm not that interested in to enhance my singleplayer experience?

My biggest problem is how exclusive it is. Especially the iOS stuff. What about all the people who don't have an iPhone? Are they at a disadvantage because they have no access to this piece of content outside of the retail game?

Man what if you don't own a wii then you can't play wii games! What a rip

They've said time and time again, and the achievements back them up with this, you won't have to do anything beyond the single player to get the best ending

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#158  Edited By Death_Unicorn

@DefaultProphet said:

@EmuLeader said:

@Death_Unicorn said:

They've said time and time again, and the achievements back them up with this, you won't have to do anything beyond the single player to get the best ending

Word. I still don't like 'em.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By prestonhedges

Man, they sure spend a lot of time talking about story. Too bad I don't care about story in video games at all.

Nomin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 9

#160  Edited By Nomin
    I'd rather play an RPG based on 'Red Dwarf' about now.
    I'd rather play an RPG based on 'Red Dwarf' about now.
    artisan88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By artisan88

Ugh... the whole Chobot thing is just totally offputting... for me it'd be like seeing a Coke billboard in the middle of Flower. You know what I mean by that, it just smacks of corporate intrusion. Yeah not everyone will agree or be bothered by it, but it kind of irks me. Good thing my one opinion totally counts in a sea of rabid Mass Effect fans WHOOOOOO!

Avatar image for goulash_enjoyer
    goulash_enjoyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By goulash_enjoyer

@gladspooky said:

Man, they sure spend a lot of time talking about story. Too bad I don't care about story in video games at all.

You're playing the wrong series if you don't care about story. Mass Effect might as well be all story. It's one of the most fully realized universes since Star Trek.

TrackZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By TrackZero

Weird that Alex notes iOS repeatedly through the article, but isn't aware that ME: Infiltrator is coming to Android as well.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#164  Edited By Undeadpool

@TrackZero said:

Weird that Alex notes iOS repeatedly through the article, but isn't aware that ME: Infiltrator is coming to Android as well.

Thanks for the head's up, I was just lamenting that I wouldn't be able to play this game!

EmuLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#165  Edited By EmuLeader

@DefaultProphet said:

@EmuLeader said:

@Death_Unicorn said:

This analogy is actually pretty far off and worthless to be honest. It's not that there is a game that comes out on another system that I could not play, it's the fact they make it SOUND like it is important to the single-player in supporting the ending. I appreciate your second line that actually addressed my concerns. I had not read that it would not have a major effect, which was my worry. I apologize for my ignorance and for not slobbering over all the information that is every put out about ME3. I must have missed it.

My response wouldn't be so sarcastic if you didn't act like a complete dick for no reason when I voice a minor concern.

Read my post: "Are they at a disadvantage because they have no access to this piece of content outside of the retail game?"

This was a simple question, which you answered and I thank you for it. Next time leave it at that and don't show off what an asshole you are whenever you want to sound more "in the know" than someone else.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By defaultprophet

@EmuLeader said:

@DefaultProphet said:

@EmuLeader said:

@Death_Unicorn said:

This analogy is actually pretty far off and worthless to be honest. It's not that there is a game that comes out on another system that I could not play, it's the fact they make it SOUND like it is important to the single-player in supporting the ending. I appreciate your second line that actually addressed my concerns. I had not read that it would not have a major effect, which was my worry. I apologize for my ignorance and for not slobbering over all the information that is every put out about ME3. I must have missed it.

My response wouldn't be so sarcastic if you didn't act like a complete dick for no reason when I voice a minor concern.

Read my post: "Are they at a disadvantage because they have no access to this piece of content outside of the retail game?"

This was a simple question, which you answered and I thank you for it. Next time leave it at that and don't show off what an asshole you are whenever you want to sound more "in the know" than someone else.

I'm sorry I messed with your ability to be annoyed at something you don't know anything about. =/

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By prestonhedges

@Bummey said:

@gladspooky said:

You're playing the wrong series if you don't care about story. Mass Effect might as well be all story. It's one of the most fully realized universes since Star Trek.

And it culminates in a Terminator Robot the size of a skyscraper. No thanks.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#168  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Excellent.  I'm actually reading the ME3 books now & 
    when the ME3 game comes out, I'm only going to play
    ME3 by first going back to ME1 & playing it all the way 
    through all 3 games.  I'll also be playing any tie-in 
    games on the iPhone (at least I hope it's on the iPhone)
    & the Galactic Readiness multi-player.  I'm sincerely stoked.

SaintMits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#169  Edited By SaintMits

Mobile tie-ins? Are you fucking serious? Way to be lame.

charliedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By charliedown

Dead Space on ios was a good game, and not just in relative terms, it was actually pretty solid...soooliiiiidd.

Teru_Murasame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Teru_Murasame

I'm gonna cry when this comes out. I won't even finish it because I want to savor every single moment.

betabetamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#172  Edited By betabetamax

Didn't Vinny ask for a Codex on the iPad 2 years ago!!!! Why is that not mentioned!!!

betabetamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#173  Edited By betabetamax
    @nemt Woah.. One good game. ME2 is amazing. ME1 sorta sucks. And ME3 isn't out yet. How is this series ruined?
    mr_ink_5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By mr_ink_5000

anyone miss the 80's sci-fi movie feel of the 1st game. I hope thay can recapture that in the 2nd.

sassiekat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By sassiekat

hmmm .. may have to really think about getting this

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#176  Edited By Deranged

@Sooty said:

Fuck mobile tie in games seriously. Should release them on XBLA/PSN/PC so they are actually half fun to play without stupid touch controls.

Agreed, touch controls are utterly horrendous. They're only good for indie games such as Angry Birds, Temple run, etc.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By MrMuscle

Any news on the release date for the iOS apps?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.