Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect free multiplayer dlc!!!!

• 97 results
    Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Aetheldod

For your delight Mass Effect fans   

Well done Bioware and EA ... want to stop being so reviled is to give us free stuff :D ... and the cool stuff is that it adds a lot ... I mean a KROGAN VANGUARD !!!!! 0_0 Im gonna destroy the place with that thing. Also it is awesome that we finally get to play as a Batarian (never expected that one) . I kind of figured thet the Geth were going to be a class in the multiplayer .... it seemed so right IMO , also new weapons!!!!! Bad thing is that I read they wont be on the singleplayer :( maybe we could make a "petition" to have them on the singleplayer campaign :P

Well so what do you duders think?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That... It says 'no additional cost' in there. But if I was releasing a free pack with all that I'd have FREE in flashing lights. I wonder why they did it this way.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Rohok

Yeah I dig it. Unless I beat the game tonight and decide I never want to play ME3 ever again.

boj4ngles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By boj4ngles

I have a feeling that they did not intend for this DLC to be free when they developed it.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Bollard

This is free and the Extended Cut is free? Hmm.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aetheldod
    @Brodehouse said:
    That... It says 'no additional cost' in there.
    ...er .... is not the same as free D:??? Mayhaps only no cost to first time owners of the game ... not that it would matter on PC tho
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By StarvingGamer

Wahoo. I wonder what rarity these new characters and guns will be.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dany

Asari Justicar looks the same as the adept, boo! The maps looks great.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Seauton

Awesome, I love the MP, and it started to get a bit stale with the maps.

VetleNM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By VetleNM

Awesome! Didn't expect it to be free, but I guess it makes sense considering they probably make a crapload of money off of people buying equipment packs and the like. Introducing more stuff into the equipment and character pool for free probably makes them more money in the long run.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gaff

@Brodehouse said:

That... It says 'no additional cost' in there. But if I was releasing a free pack with all that I'd have FREE in flashing lights. I wonder why they did it this way.

They might be referring to XBL Gold, the cost of an internet connection, etc? Then again...

How much does the Resurgence Pack cost to download?
    • The Resurgence Pack is available at no additional cost for Mass Effect 3 game owners.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/

The cynic in me reads this like they plan to spin off the multiplayer part of ME3 into its own thing, downloadable title a la Gotham City Impostors.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By jaycrockett

I hope they come out with a reinforcement pack that is just characters, to make it easier to get some of these guys. And hopefully they are all silver.

Loves me some multiplayer.

TheBostonPops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheBostonPops

Cool! I love the multiplayer and the new maps look rad.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By spazmaster666

Man, the last thing I need is more maps and characters to suck me back into ME3 multiplayer. Seriously though, I'll be excited to jump back into the coop since I'm just about finished with ToG.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Aetheldod
    @Brodehouse said:
    ...er .... is not the same as free D:??? Mayhaps only no cost to first time owners of the game ... not that it would matter on PC tho
    They are the same. I find it strange they have 'no additional cost' as a little side note at the end instead of starting this entire thing with FREE DLC YOU GUYS. The best part about this is that it's free (and you can share photos on Facebook), I would've gone to lengths to establish that as the chief plot point here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VetleNM

Awesome! Didn't expect it to be free, but I guess it makes sense considering they probably make a crapload of money off of people buying equipment packs and the like. Introducing more stuff into the equipment and character pool for free probably makes them more money in the long run.

Okay THIS is why. They can release things for free if they can incentivize the purchase of the packs. That's pretty clever. Fiendishly clever.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CL60

EA are a bunch of dicks. They keep giving us free DLC. Worst company in the entirety of America.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse
    @VetleNM

Okay THIS is why. They can release things for free if they can incentivize the purchase of the packs. That's pretty clever. Fiendishly clever.
    In the PS3 and PC versions, this also manages to release DLC without splitting the player base. All the regular games on those consoles will use the new maps, weapons, and characters, it won't be a weird splinter group (as it might end up on the 360).

Goddamnit.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By mikemcn

@CL60 said:

EA are a bunch of dicks. They keep giving us free DLC. Worst company in the entirety of America.

It's free because the most efficient way of unlocking the content in the DLC is by using micro transactions, if not for that, it would be paid for DLC, EA continues to fool you. Really nice of them to give you the chance to maybe unlock some more stuff after a few hundred hours more of playing.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CL60

@Mikemcn said:

@CL60 said:

It's free because the most efficient way of unlocking the content in the DLC is by using micro transactions, if not for that, it would be paid for DLC, EA continues to fool you. Really nice of them to give you the chance to maybe unlock some more stuff after a few hundred hours more of playing.

No Caption Provided
    Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Vorbis

How often can we vote them the worst company of the year? I like all this free DLC they're suddenly giving out.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I like how this official image on the BioWare site has red wavy spell check lines underneath the unrecognized words.

No Caption Provided
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By Justin258

Really? I understand that it's to increase customer relations and to soften the hate on the ending (and the rest of the game), but damn. I'm hardly complaining, this is just rather unexpected.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By niamahai

NOW I HATE BIOWARE EVEN MOAR! GGGGGGRRRR

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Slaker117
    @CL60 said:

@Mikemcn said:

@CL60 said:

No Caption Provided
    The way he framed it was a bit obtuse, but it's hardly a crackpot theory. "We give you free stuff so you play more so maybe you end up paying for some microtransactions" is how the entire free-to-play model works.
    WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WMWA

Anyone know what the Justicar adept will do differently? Asari adept was my favorite class before I got burnt out; this may actually make me come back to it.

gregjay24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gregjay24

OMG free multiplayer dlc!!! thats the part of the game i care about!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CL60
    @gregjay24

OMG free multiplayer dlc!!! thats the part of the game i care about!

Are you trying to be sarcastic? Because they're giving free single player dlc too.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Seeing as everything in the DLC other than the two new maps will work on the same randomized loot system that the rest of the game does, I'm saving my credits for tomorrow.

@wmaustin55 said:

Anyone know what the Justicar adept will do differently? Asari adept was my favorite class before I got burnt out; this may actually make me come back to it.

Protective bubble shield.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By onan

@Aetheldod said:

@Brodehouse said:

Probably to avoid people complaining about not having access to it immediately. They still have to unlock a bunch of it through spectre packs which could cost some cash for the impatient. "Free" also implies readily accessible, and most of that stuff won't be.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Gaff said:

@Brodehouse said:

They might be referring to XBL Gold, the cost of an internet connection, etc? Then again...

How much does the Resurgence Pack cost to download?
    • The Resurgence Pack is available at no additional cost for Mass Effect 3 game owners.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/

The cynic in me reads this like they plan to spin off the multiplayer part of ME3 into its own thing, downloadable title a la Gotham City Impostors.

I'm not sure how making an online downloadable thing for ME that's separate from other ME things is a thing to be cynical about.

@VetleNM said:

Awesome! Didn't expect it to be free, but I guess it makes sense considering they probably make a crapload of money off of people buying equipment packs and the like.

That would make me sad.

@Mikemcn said:

@CL60 said:

The things you unlock is like a gun and a character and by playing the game you can get most of the characters after a few hours depending on what you're spending your in game currency on (not real life currency). Really the only reason you would actually pay for those things is by being extremely impatient because they are largely inconsequential.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Slaker117 said:

@CL60 said:

@Mikemcn said:

@CL60 said:

No Caption Provided
    The way he framed it was a bit obtuse, but it's hardly a crackpot theory. "We give you free stuff so you play more so maybe you end up paying for some microtransactions" is how the entire free-to-play model works.

The free to play model at least allows people to get what they want without paying a dime. And the statement of playing for hundreds of hours is wildly exaggerated.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#33  Edited By rjayb89

Savin' up all dis credits for dat Geth Engineer.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gaff
    @SethPhotopoulos I should've clarified that a bit.

I meant that thinking that they'd take the multiplayer part from ME3, make it downloadable and selling both that and this expansion, "which comes at no additional cost for owners of ME3", would be a bit cynical.

Then again, EA probably has a better sense of how many people played the multiplayer demo and how many of those have actually bought the full game. Who knows, it might make sense to cater to that audience who likes a Horde-based shooter but has no need for all the talking in ME.
    vbpanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vbpanda

The only thing im looking forward to is that Geth Engineer and maybe the maps too.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rawrz

The maps are pretty cool. The one on the turian planet is probably my favorite of the two.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By StarvingGamer

Word of warning: the maps are up but you can't get the classes out of packs yet so don't burn all the credits you've been saving.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
    deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse said:

@Aetheldod
    @Brodehouse said:
    They are the same. I find it strange they have 'no additional cost' as a little side note at the end instead of starting this entire thing with FREE DLC YOU GUYS. The best part about this is that it's free (and you can share photos on Facebook), I would've gone to lengths to establish that as the chief plot point here.

I was called by a phone salesman once in regards to my subscription running out, this on a phone I was still paying for every month. He told me that they were so keen on keeping me as a customer that if I signed up for another year's subscription, I would even get a new phone "without any additional costs!". I asked if it truly was for free, where upon he repeated, in an affirming manner "No additional costs!". While I could almost hear the shit-eating grin on the other side of the line, I was dumb enough to accept.

"Without additional cost" was in this case aimed at my current bill. IE: I would still be paying the exact same amount as I was previously, including the cost I paid for my phone. They called me one month before I had paid it off entirely, and tricked me to keep sign up for a new account, AND to pay for a new phone. Technically, they had done nothing wrong.

TL,DR: I am extremely skeptical when it comes to bullshit like that. If they have no intentions of charing you in any way for a product, they will actually write "free", without an asterisk. This is obviously either for people who bought the game entirely new, or who have paid for another DLC, or something of the likes.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Asrahn said:

@Brodehouse said:

@Aetheldod
    @Brodehouse said:

I was called by a phone salesman once in regards to my subscription running out, this on a phone I was still paying for every month. He told me that they were so keen on keeping me as a customer that if I signed up for another year's subscription, I would even get a new phone "without any additional costs!". I asked if it truly was for free, where upon he repeated, in an affirming manner "No additional costs!". While I could almost hear the shit-eating grin on the other side of the line, I was dumb enough to accept.

"Without additional cost" was in this case aimed at my current bill. IE: I would still be paying the exact same amount as I was previously, including the cost I paid for my phone. They called me one month before I had paid it off entirely, and tricked me to keep sign up for a new account, AND to pay for a new phone. Technically, they had done nothing wrong.

TL,DR: I am extremely skeptical when it comes to bullshit like that. If they have no intentions of charing you in any way for a product, they will actually write "free", without an asterisk. This is obviously either for people who bought the game entirely new, or who have paid for another DLC, or something of the likes.

...what?

"No additional cost" is probably just in reference to the fact that the new content needs to be obtained through the purchase of the new Resurgence Pack which still costs either in-game credits or cash-monies.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By Brendan

I've never found enough enjoyment out of the multi player past getting the single player boost, personally, but the next time I play ME 3 this will definitely make it more interesting. (Not saying I didn't like the multi player, but by the time I got a dude to level 20 I wasn't interested anymore)

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By D_Bones

Does anyone know when the characters will go live and i can get some sweet Batarian anger?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarvingGamer:

Which in short means that they're dodging the question of whether it is free or not, assuming it's cash-monies. My point is that there's always a catch with "No additional cost", it only varies in severity.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Asrahn said:

@StarvingGamer:

Which in short means that they're dodging the question of whether it is free or not, assuming it's cash-monies. My point is that there's always a catch with "No additional cost", it only varies in severity.

I wouldn't call it a catch when the optional microtransactions have been a core part of their multiplayer since day one.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By morrelloman

That trailer is sick. I need to get back into this isht tonight for sheez

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By darkdragonmage99

This is nothing more then damage control and I'm not buying it  EA is make a money off of this somehow 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@StarvingGamer said:

@Asrahn said:

@StarvingGamer:

I wouldn't call it a catch when the optional microtransactions have been a core part of their multiplayer since day one.

I was more pointing to the fact that companies are very aware that most people would think of "no additional cost" as "this shit is for free". It's being intentionaly misleading.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard the character will come later today, the maps are up but the character are not, yet.
    So save your credits until we know for sure.

The new abilities sound awesome!

Asari Justicar Adept:
    Biotic Sphere
    Pull
    Reave

Krogan Vanguard:
    Biotic Charge
    Barrier
    Carnage

Batarian Soldier:
    Ballistic Blades
    Blade Armor
    Inferno Grenade

Batarian Sentinel:
    Blade Armor
    Shockwave
    Submission Net

Geth Infiltrator:
    Tactical Cloak
    Hunter Mode
    Proximity Mine

Geth Engineer:
    Geth Turret
    Hunter Mode
    Overload

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nux

I will get this.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Drebin_893

Jesus Christ guys stop being so weird about free DLC.

D_Bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By D_Bones

Just went on and no new maps yet. Do you have to click a download or is it automatic? Last night i got the patch but there is no download option on main menu.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.