Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Multiplayer musings.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Tennmuerti

So i took a break from the singleplayer for a few hours yesterday and found myself kind of enjoying the MP.
    Even got that galactic thingy to 86% everywhere.
    Was looking forward to playing some more, at least untill the progression was no longer enough. (because lets face it the same enemies and level layouts get boring faaaaaast)

But...

I went back to the singleplayer and finished the game.
    Now there is absolutely 0 desire to play MP. None at all.
    It has been made so incredibly pointless and irrelevant.

That's how i feel.
    What about you?
    Still interested in the MP after finishing the SP? If so why?
    I'm not being a dick, it would actually be great to find a cool reason to jump back into thr ME3 MP. So I really actually do want to know, with hopes of maybe I would find it aplicable to myself.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm still interested because I think it's fun. I like playing game modes that I find entertaining.

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Crixaliz

I had the opposite experience.

I feel no need to play the single player, but really want to unlock all the different races in MP.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ketchupp

I've probably put more time into the multiplayer so far. It is an enjoyable treat on higher difficulties with some good friends who work well as a team.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BrockNRolla

They were in a tough situation with the mp. Do you make it meaningful and piss off single player purists, or make it a side attraction, assuring that it won't get the attention it needs to be decent. I'm personally of the opinion that it shouldn't be a part of the game at all, but hey, I don't work on a company board, and I can't speak for the bottom line of a game. They did what they could with limited time, interest, and assets no doubt.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zithe

I don't think they put the multiplayer in the game so that you could raise your war readiness, that's just supposed to be a bonus from playing it. If helping your readiness was the only reason you played the multiplayer, you probably never had any real desire to play it anyway.

I don't see how the ME multiplayer is different from any other horde mode. You either want to play it for that experience of cooperation or you don't.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Zithe said:

I don't think they put the multiplayer in the game so that you could raise your war readiness, that's just supposed to be a bonus from playing it. If helping your readiness was the only reason you played the multiplayer, you probably never had any real desire to play it anyway.

I don't see how the ME multiplayer is different from any other horde mode. You either want to play it for that experience of cooperation or you don't.

Partly i played it because it felt at least a little bit relevant to the universe and the story.
    But after the ending it's just feels like nonsense.
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zithe

@Tennmuerti: Well then it sounds like your draw to the multiplayer is gone. Nothing wrong with that. I think the people who will continue playing it come at it for a different reason.

beckley205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By beckley205

I haven't finished the game yet but I found the multiplayer to be fun in the demo and it still is for me at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.