Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Take Back the Face: ME1>3 Import Patch Drops Today

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By StarvingGamer

Despite the fact that there were some pretty straightforward and easy fixes for the ME1 > ME3 face import bug (it took me all of 5 minutes to recover both of my faces) a lot of people have been declaring their intention to wait for an official BioWare update before continuing their Mass Effect saga. Well, those people can get off their duffs and stop waiting.

Available now on PC and tomorrow on Xbox and PS3, a patch has been released that repairs the import bug. While this may not matter to PS3 owners, there are also a slew of other bug fixes that target a few specific crash and save-file issues. Here is a breakdown of what has been changed:

• Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard's customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
    • Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.
    • Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.
    • Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.
    • Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.
    • Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep.
    • Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.
    • Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.
    • Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC. (PC Only)
    • Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not. (PC Only)
    • Fixed an issue when potentially the game could enter unresponsive state when transitioning from the Holding Docks area to the Normandy Docks area of the Citadel. (PS3 Only)
    Katherine Shepard Mk.2
    Katherine Shepard Mk.2
    Katherine Shepard Mk.3
    Katherine Shepard Mk.3
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

I just took the 3 minutes and recreated my Shepard's face. Wasn't a big deal. I've had to do that in ME anyway when I started over.

Still, it was pretty funny how badly it was imported for me. I went from a pretty normal looking black guy to some kinda of... white and pasty looking half-man, half-dog with Down's syndrome.

Aas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Aas

Seems the patch hasn't rolled out yet. At least not in Europe.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PillClinton

love the title

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

My character had cheeks again in ME3 so I was happy about that.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

Good. It'll be a smooth transition when I finish my current playthrough of Mass Effect 2.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By chilibean_3

Cool. Been waiting until this dropped to start my second play through. It's still pretty crazy that this bug was left there.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

I dunno about other people but the bug actually made my FemShep look fine, probably even better then previously before. Though I think the new hairstyles did help a bit. Still, it's nice to hear even though it's a little bit too late I think. Also, totally flaunting mah FemShep as an example.

No Caption Provided
    pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#9  Edited By pyromagnestir

The first time I made my Sheperd he didn't turn out quite how I wanted anyway. I was going for Gordon Freeman and got current Jeremy Sisto crossed with Bill Belichick. I just used this bug as an excuse to finally make the tweaks and came out with something I more along the lines of what I was originally going for. This'll be nice for my second playthrough with my female Shep though.

What were the fixes? Was it just you remade the face or was there something more?

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By FreakAche

Between this and the free DLC stuff they're doing now, I'm becoming increasingly pleased with myself for putting off playing the game.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I'm disgusted at the level of entitlement in this thread! BioWare doesn't OWE you a working face import feature, and none of you had any right to demand one, or politely request one, or secretly hope for one. You people make me sick.

Seriously though, I just remade my ME2 Shepard using ME3. Took me all of a few minutes. The rest of these fixes sound a bit more important, though.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By N7

When are they going to fix the issue with the Vanguard that makes you able to jump out of the map and freak out constantly? Every time I use Biotic Charge I get thrown ten extra feet into the air and can walk over things like walls and whatnot. Having this happen inside of a room can be deadly, as you cannot leave the room. Also when you die it doesn't fix itself. I will spaz out to the very top of the map, like 300 miles into the sky, and when I'm killed, I respawn there. I can't move or shoot or use my powers.

Also whenever I use Biotic Charge on an enemy who hasn't landed on the ground yet, my console crashed every single time. Not good considering the Krogan Vanguard is coming out tomorrow.

zoozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By zoozilla

@SpaceInsomniac said:

I'm disgusted at the level of entitlement in this thread! BioWare doesn't OWE you a working face import feature, and none of you had any right to demand one, or politely request one, or secretly hope for one. You people make me sick.

Seriously though, I just remade my ME2 Shepard using ME3. Took me all of a few minutes. The rest of these fixes sound a bit more important, though.

Why wouldn't they owe us a working face import feature? They kind of touted it as a pretty big feature since the release of the first game.

Not to mention a lot of people can't get re-create their Shepard's face easily. I can understand the "entitlement" argument for everyone complaining about the ending - but this seems like something that should never have been an issue.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeushbien

@zoozilla: He/she was making a joke, don't worry about it.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wiseblood

Wasn't this supposed to hit 360 today?

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By nintendoeats

I finished the game half an hour ago. Started it 4 days ago. I'm not terribly pleased about this.

shivetya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By shivetya

So I downloaded the patch, started the game, and I still get the import face bug when trying to bring my femshep into ME3,(the same warning pops and everthing). Anyone else experiencing this? Everything I read online says it should be fixed by this patch.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By damswedon

I've always changed my Shepard's face from 1 to 2 so I never had this bug, so can someone tell me why you couldn't just write down the code in the Mass Effect 2 Skill Tree screen?

I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I just genuinely want to know.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By mordukai

Nice to see they solved a problem that should not have been there in the first place.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By tourgen

So my xbox360 updated ME3 today and now it hard-locks at the title screen. Brilliant stuff.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By chilibean_3

The word on the street is that this update just suppresses the error message you would get before and you still end up with a face that looks nothing like it should. Anybody have any success with a new import?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By rjayb89

@tourgen: Yup, me too. I had it work once. I guess I should have left it on or something when it did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.