Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Unreliable Warp-splosions?

Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Quite a bit of the time, when I use my Warp following someone getting lifted via Singularity or Pull, it'll hit them, but it won't trigger an explosion. Though it hasn't outright gotten me killed yet (Insanity with an imported level 30), it bums me out every time it happens, which is alot. Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@RuneseekerMireille said:

Quite a bit of the time, when I use my Warp following someone getting lifted via Singularity or Pull, it'll hit them, but it won't trigger an explosion. Though it hasn't outright gotten me killed yet (Insanity with an imported level 30), it bums me out every time it happens, which is alot. Is it a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Haven't had this happen to me, though I primarily use throw to create detonations because it recharges faster, and if you upgrade to the dual throw, when you have multiple people caught in your singularity, it will create two detonations.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BrockNRolla

Don't have this happen too much, but it is more likely to happen if I'm using a teammate rather than myself.

jmood88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jmood88

I haven't had it happen to me either but I've seen that there's sometimes a delay between hitting them with warp and the explosion happening.

RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_Exile_ll Wait! Throw now creates explosions!?! I'll have to try that later!
    Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dezztroy

I usually just use Warp followed by a Throw. This gives you two 50% damage/force/radius increases instead of just the one from Warp.

Also, if you have Javik with you, his Dark Channel is fucking amazing for doing biotic combos. Just put it on someone and spam warp. Everything dies.

morrelloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By morrelloman

This kind of biotics talk gets me all hot and bothered for realizes. I will jump into insanity with an adept for run #2. So many 'splosions, I am upset I didn't go with the double pull thing on my current vanguard spec. What's that you say? Only 5000 credits to re-spec?! Whenever I want thorough out the game? You would think this game didn't suck or something. I haven't had a noticeable problem with biotics except that they seem less powerful in general than in ME2.

Also def going with Javik and Liara on my next mission. Thanks for the tip.

RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've circumvented this problem by using my partner's Warp instead, which always works, but I'm going to have to try some of these other combos you guys mentioned!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@Dezztroy said:

I usually just use Warp followed by a Throw. This gives you two 50% damage/force/radius increases instead of just the one from Warp. Also, if you have Javik with you, his Dark Channel is fucking amazing for doing biotic combos. Just put it on someone and spam warp. Everything dies.

Stasis Bubble creates similar effects. I love the way they've expanded the biotic explosions. Like 80% of my kills were from biotic explosions.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikey87144

Haven't had that problem. It always explodes.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dezztroy

Correction - Dark Channel followed by (double) Throw. It's great getting off 2 explosions with one ability.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.