Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Worried about Mass Effect 3? Share it!

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Fruitcocoa
     Thane was a fantastic character in Mass Effect 2 who you cared about. A lot! I ended up visiting his place after every mission to hear more about his illness and backgrund.
     Thane was a fantastic character in Mass Effect 2 who you cared about. A lot! I ended up visiting his place after every mission to hear more about his illness and backgrund.
    It's hard to not worry about Mass Effect 3. I don't think that it will in anyway be a bad game, it will surely turn out to be a masterpiece as its predecessors. I am going to share my worries though and I'd love to have a discussion about them in the comments. So there are two things worry about - the fact that (and please don't continue reading this if you are going to play Mass Effect 2 for the first time on the PlayStation 3) every body, including your Shepard, can die at the end of Mass Effect 2. Also, the fact that parts of the community don't even have the opportunity to play a game that sets up the entire conclusion. The combination of everyone dying in the end of the second game and the fact that parts of the first one will have major impact of the third is very weird. 

I'd love to see Mass Effect 3 as a straight on continuation to Mass Effect 3 with the surviving characters from Mass Effect 2 as major characters. I cannot remember the stats that BioWare released about how many people died at the end of the second game but for a lot of people I know characters who they really loved died. A dream scenario for me personally would be if I could continue having Thane, Mordin, Garrus and Kasumi part of my team together with Ashley Williams, Liara and of course some new ones. Thanes illness can be cured, as he says in the game. I'd love to see that story wrapping up. Also, if there is one scientist I'd want to have with me while trying to save earth it would be Mordin.  

This is of course possible for BioWare to create. But there are alot of man hours that need to put in here to have everyone happy at the end of Mass Effect 3. I wouldn't mind if the game came on four or more discs. At the same time, if they really want to make everyone happy, we could miss out on hours of story in our adventures. Again - these worries are very minor and I have a hard time thinking of BioWare skunking this up, but it's worth mentioning because let's face it - todays community teams are kind of big and someone might actually looking at this and getting inspirations for their works (even though Christina Normans latest Twitter update kind of confirmes that story game is more or less done).  

What is your Mass Effect story and are there some things you are afraid to miss out on only because you were in a minority of people of that choice? Share it! And also, happy new year to all of you! 
    Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Fruitcocoa
    It's hard to not worry about Mass Effect 3. I don't think that it will in anyway be a bad game, it will surely turn out to be a masterpiece as its predecessors. I am going to share my worries though and I'd love to have a discussion about them in the comments. So there are two things worry about - the fact that (and please don't continue reading this if you are going to play Mass Effect 2 for the first time on the PlayStation 3) every body, including your Shepard, can die at the end of Mass Effect 2. Also, the fact that parts of the community don't even have the opportunity to play a game that sets up the entire conclusion. The combination of everyone dying in the end of the second game and the fact that parts of the first one will have major impact of the third is very weird. 

I'd love to see Mass Effect 3 as a straight on continuation to Mass Effect 3 with the surviving characters from Mass Effect 2 as major characters. I cannot remember the stats that BioWare released about how many people died at the end of the second game but for a lot of people I know characters who they really loved died. A dream scenario for me personally would be if I could continue having Thane, Mordin, Garrus and Kasumi part of my team together with Ashley Williams, Liara and of course some new ones. Thanes illness can be cured, as he says in the game. I'd love to see that story wrapping up. Also, if there is one scientist I'd want to have with me while trying to save earth it would be Mordin.  

This is of course possible for BioWare to create. But there are alot of man hours that need to put in here to have everyone happy at the end of Mass Effect 3. I wouldn't mind if the game came on four or more discs. At the same time, if they really want to make everyone happy, we could miss out on hours of story in our adventures. Again - these worries are very minor and I have a hard time thinking of BioWare skunking this up, but it's worth mentioning because let's face it - todays community teams are kind of big and someone might actually looking at this and getting inspirations for their works (even though Christina Normans latest Twitter update kind of confirmes that story game is more or less done).  

What is your Mass Effect story and are there some things you are afraid to miss out on only because you were in a minority of people of that choice? Share it! And also, happy new year to all of you! 
    tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By tofford

The main thing that worries me is how quickly they seem to have turned the 3rd game around. Although thinking about it now it is probably be about the same as the time between the first 2. I think they could easily make it the same as Mass Effect 2 with you just recruiting races for the final battle instead of team members.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fruitcocoa
    @tofford: It will kind of be the same as between the first and the second one. Although, they've been pretty open with this game being a lot easier to make because of the "new engine" or something. :) 
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By warxsnake

I dont want it to take place mostly on earth. I dont want it to turn into another resistance game.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bybeach
    @warxsnake said:

"I dont want it to take place mostly on earth. I dont want it to turn into another resistance game. "

I was just going to joke around and say they don't fuck it all up in some kind of fanboy tone, but the quote above me,  honestly. But they will of course not lop out one of the greatest things about their game.
    Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fruitcocoa

Also, isn't it pretty clear if you die at the end of Mass Effect 2 that you will play as Joker in Mass Effect 3?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Hunkulese

Mass Effect will become my favorite game ever if I can load a save in which Shepard is dead and it just shows me a game over cut scene with everything exploding.

Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fruitcocoa
    @Hunkulese: Hahahaha! Perfect! 

I'd love to see a Jack Wall and Hans Zimmer making the music for this game. I think it's a winning combination. 
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Venatio
    @CarlSmith said:

" Also, isn't it pretty clear if you die at the end of Mass Effect 2 that you will play as Joker in Mass Effect 3? "

No, Casey Hudson said that you can't carry over a save that contains a dead commander Shepard, you have to create a new Shepard
    Fruitcocoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fruitcocoa
    @Venatio: Makes sense! Isn't it weird though that they put an achievement their for everyone surviving. Kind of as if they want people to have as big part of the crew as possible to the third instalment. That would in someways be awesome, everyone survived for me the first time. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.