Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Yes, There Will Be More Mass Effect 3 DLC

• 116 results
    Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

@ZeroSignal: Is your xbox account live enabled? I've thought about the app but since my ME saves are on my not internet connected account that's not an option for me. (Short story is that I a made a live acct and non live acct since I didn't want to click through the "can't connect to Live service" everytime I turned on my xbox.

@NHLmaniac: : Ok, I've amended it to online usage. Since that xbox account can't connect to the internet still can't get the defender achievement (as far as I know). Not worth it to convert to a silver account just for achievements.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By tourgen

given how the story ultimately plays out it's really hard to care about any single-player story DLC. after S-ranking the first two I don't know, I just don't care what happens with the story in 3 anymore. It feels weird and a little sad but I guess I'm done with the Mass Effect universe.

ZeroSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By ZeroSignal

@AlwaysBeClothing: Yeah, it is, you need to be connected to EA's Servers for the Galaxy at War stuff to work.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By shotaro

I'm curious as to when exactly this DLC was planned.

If it were always planned then Bioware effectively screwed the audience out of the intended ending.

If it were afterwards then it means Bioware are completely lacking the balls to stand by their original conclusion and have allowed a vocal minority of people to sacrifice their story.

Whichever is true, the person who looks bad in this is Bioware. Toothless panderers or conniving schiesters?

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By onan

I'm done with Mass Effect. Might check back in with the next entry, but paid DLC for this game has zero appeal.

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HubrisRanger

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

I don't remember ever hearing anything about this Leviathan in ME or ME3...

Leviathan was first mentioned in the planet description for Jatar in ME1, located in the Dis system. Basically it was a big husk of a spaceship that no one could decipher what it was. Balak, the Batarian big bad from Bring Down the Sky who pops up in ME3, lets you know later that it turned out to be a Reaper (because of course it was) and that it indoctrinated a whole score of Batarian scientists. I suspect you'll be tasked with taking out the indoctrinated Batarians and shutting Leviathan down for good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Totally don't care about Mass Effect anymore.

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By ptys

I don't want new missions, I want new cities and towns to explore that fit into the games story. If BioWare were overwhelmed by the scope of the game they should have plenty of time time finish it proper, with more RPG elements. Please throw in a gun lowering mechanic to the combat while you're in there as well ; )

darukaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By darukaru

On-DLC DLC? EA/Bioware's really breaking some new ground here.

retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#60  Edited By retrovirus

I would like to see what happened to mess sergeant Gardner. Wherever he is, I hope he's doing okay.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#61  Edited By Alphazero

I wonder how much having a -- let's just call it unpopular -- ending will impact DLC sales. Judging by the stack of messages on my screen, quite a bit. It's a bummer, because like the ending or not, I thought the actual game was really fun.

It's fascinating to me that story has become so important to the overall enjoyment. That wasn't quite as true back in the Frogger or Pac-Man days.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62  Edited By buft

@Alphazero said:

I wonder how much having a -- let's just call it unpopular -- ending will impact DLC sales. Judging by the stack of messages on my screen, quite a bit. It's a bummer, because like the ending or not, I thought the actual game was really fun.

It's fascinating to me that story has become so important to the overall enjoyment. That wasn't quite as true back in the Frogger or Pac-Man days.

i liked the ending too and i just finished the game before the new ending dropped, not sure how to get the extended ending yet but what was there was fine. loking forward to the DLC

DigitalRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By DigitalRichard

I'll buy it... I want more Mass Effect.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Quarters

@WilliamHenry: There's a couple of things they could further cover, one of the most popular theories being a DLC revolving around Aria taking back Omega from Cerberus. Casey Hudson said in an interview back before the game released that DLC would be used to wrap up story threads they couldn't get to in the main game. So, yeah, if done right, it could have some merit.

ThievingJacob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ThievingJacob

@Alphazero:

Speaking from a position of ignorance of Mass Effect 3. The stories (or non-stories) didn't detract from the game because they were incidental and weren't actively detrimental to the game. Mass Effect 3 plays pretty hard on the audience identification and plot intrigue angles, story and fiction was designed as integral to the game. When you have a bad/disappointing ending on something this story focussed it ruins the cohesion of the play experience and therefore drags down the player's holistic enjoyment of the game.

It's not just old games that can get away with having non-stories, Vanquish and Monster Tale are two relatively recent examples. Both games put on the airs and grace suggesting that they have a story, but the tales they weave are so flat and uninteresting that it just feels like something designed to punctuate the action and nothing else. By trying to make something completely bland and inoffensive you can have a game with a story which you couldn't call 'worthwhile' but does not detract from the quality of the game itself.

For story in games, usually: Mediocrity is the goal. Aggressive dreadfulness is the poison.

Purpz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Purpz

Of course it's not the last, this is EA we're talking about hear.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By Aaron_G

I am okay with this.

Draxyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By Draxyle

@Shotaro said:

I'm curious as to when exactly this DLC was planned.

If it were always planned then Bioware effectively screwed the audience out of the intended ending.

If it were afterwards then it means Bioware are completely lacking the balls to stand by their original conclusion and have allowed a vocal minority of people to sacrifice their story.

Whichever is true, the person who looks bad in this is Bioware. Toothless panderers or conniving schiesters?

That's really the biggest question that I have about the whole situation as well. It's extremely hard to tell if either incompetence or malice is responsible for all the controversial stuff, especially with EA so tightly at the helm.

I'm really waiting for a disgruntled employee to break their silence and give us the full story; a story that's not drowning in PR fluff. It might take years, but you know it has to happen.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By joshthebear

I will not be buying any dlc, as it won't matter to the story.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By amir90

I might check it out, depends on the reviews!

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By laserbolts

@dudeglove said:

Jeez just fuck the single player and focus on expanding the multiplayer.

I couldn't disagree more. ME3 multiplayer sucks a fat one.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Aetheldod

Hell yeah !!!! Just hope that the new SP DLC is on par with "Lair of the Shadow Broker" (or any other .... :P I like them all , except the one that gives you an arena style of game from the first ME )

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Efesell

Sign me up, I'm down for more Mass Effect.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By BPRJCTX

I played and finished Mass Effect 1.

And that's where i left this series, loved it, wanted to play 2, but i'm glad i didn't.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By teekomeeko

I just finished ME3 with the new ending and found it quite satisfying. I wonder how much is new, but it reminds just how amazing a universe Mass Effect has. I want more, and if whatever new DLC comes along has some good narrative elements, I'll check it out.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#77  Edited By Undeadpool

I am so excited for this I can only express it one way: yee-haw. Whew. Sorry for the outburst.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By rawrz

I think Mass Effect 3 is the best game in the series so Ill totally be down for more of it, though I dont really know how that would work since you already know Shepard's fate so it would kind of be insignificant.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#79  Edited By Jedted

Take Back Omega will be the first paid DLC. No official announcement but everyone knows it's coming.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Roger778

I'm happy that EA and Bioware are still supporting the Mass Effect series by giving us more DLC single-player missions, despite the controversy the ending for Mass Effect 3 caused.

I plan to read some reviews to see if this DLC is good or not.

Spam101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Spam101

DLC in games like this irk me, where your supposed to form such a strong connection to the story. If you're not willing to invest in what i think is personally way too much for the amount of content you receive, you're basically blocked off from what seems to become the canon story.

i don't like these huge story beats they keep adding in DLC they seem contrived and forced and don't flow with the rest of the game and just come out of the blue, they end up watering down their own story. shadow broker at least did a good job in that it was a consistant theme throughout the games. but i guess it's EA's not going to deem that people like me will skip the DLC if it seems non essential, like a trivial pinnacle station thing i can easily leave. it fits in the world but doesn't add any huge game changing element.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#82  Edited By AndrewB

Finally. I was just joking when I said I wanted a Reaper squadmate, but Bioware doesn't fuck around!

Spam101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Spam101

I wonder if another DLC will elaborate why the reapers went straight for the LHC around one of the planets

there was a brief but really interesting piece of info in the planets descriptions that they took it out like a high priority target

can't remember the planet, did they know it was going to create a black hole?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MEATBALL

More content for a game/series I love, in spite of the fact the internet says that makes me a terrible person? Awesome.

Aegeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Aegeri

Not interested in more DLC for ME3 now and won't be buying any that they release. I appreciated having the EC to fix the god awful original endings, but it doesn't change that I am no longer invested or interested in ME as a franchise anymore.

mertmcgert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By mertmcgert

I wouldn't mind going back and playing more DLC, but I'm worried about what place it will have in the story if you play it after the main story.

Leviathan2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Leviathan2000

But I am the Leviathan, ohhh I am soo confused right now!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By 137

just like the previous 2 mass effects I'm going to wait before bothering with the series again.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#89  Edited By Sooty

Nope I'm good.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#90  Edited By Box3ru13

Nothing can ever get me excited again for more Mass Effect, the ending even with the extra scenes is just makes me angry at how they screwed up the original ones so badly.

If anything it just seems like they just went down a checklist of everything that people complained about them messing up the first time and then adjusted it. It showcases how half-assed the original ones were and should be a good lesson for future developers to not fuck up on the ending to a trilogy.

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By sandweed

@BPRJCTX: ME2 is maybe one of the best games this generation, you should probably get it.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Jimbo
    Avatar image for commander_crichton
    Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cor789 said:

my roomate's aunt makes $83/hr on the laptop. She has been without work for 8 months but last month her pay was $8682 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site...NuttyRich.com

You know what I'm sayin yo! I think Crime Life: Gang Wars is the best game I have played all year, what do you guys think? I think you should try it. It is the best.

Go check out the official site for the real deal because these too cool for school game reviewers obviously do not know what they are talking about.

Crime Life: Gang Wars is in stores now and you should pick it up, it's the BOMB!!

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By probablytuna

I do love my Mass Effect. Bring on more DLC.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By amir90
    @MEATBALL you are a lovely person.
    Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#96  Edited By Humanity

@Jedted said:

Take Back Omega will be the first paid DLC. No official announcement but everyone knows it's coming.

I can only hope not - couldn't give less of a shit about Omega. The universe is collapsing, let's go take back this bar from Cerberus everyone!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#97  Edited By fox01313

Wonder if all the DLC will have more endings included. At least with ME2 the DLC made sense but with 3 trying to bring everything to a conclusion, it seems that the DLC is just all the stuff they cut to put in the multiplayer or things thought of after the game was put out (instead of putting it in the game while taking out the multiplayer).

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#98  Edited By ChrisTaran

I am 100% done with the Mass Effect series and any future titles released by Bioware. That company has lost any respect I once gave it.

3rdrocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By 3rdrocket

@dudeglove said:

Jeez just fuck the single player and focus on expanding the multiplayer.

This

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

In the new, new ending DLC, Shepard shoots the Reaper's in the face with shotgun.

"People love it when people shoot other people in the face with shotguns. Imagine taking that to the next level, and shooting aliens in the face with shotguns. This is the future of Mass Effect!"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.