Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

You must take Javik to Thessia. (Spoiler)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

If it's not too late for you then you must take Javik to the Asari home world Thessia. Trust me you will not regret it. I myself took Garrus on my first run but had to restart the mission once I got to the end of it. However, for those of you who are already too far a head I found this video. If you haven't reached that part of the game then please don't watch the video as it does contain some spoilers.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By RainVillain

Welp! I messed up! I just did this area last night with Garrus. I thought it was funny but everytime he mentioned "Athene was Prothean" made me realize I'd taken the wrong character. Damn. But thanks for the youtube link! this makes up for it!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Thanks for the tip. I haven't gotten to that part yet, I believe, so I'll make sure to take Javik there when I do.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By GaspoweR

I'll do that. Thank you sir!

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Marz

yeah it's the best part of the DLC, lots of lore and explanation from Javik.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpartyOn

Once I got to this part I realized Javik might be my favorite mass effect character....but damn I really like EDI and Mordin.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Yeah I kinda regret not bringing Javik along to Thessia, but Garrus delivered some really clever remarks at the Prothean resemblances so it was good enough.

Comforting Liara after she goes stark raving mad at Javik was also great.

jonc151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By jonc151

Javik is an awesome character. Don't care about all the DLC hating going on. He's constant condescension to all the other races is hilarious. But he does redeem and bring hope with the right nudging from Shepard. Totally worth it.

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I did, I didn't even know anything cool would happen. I just never used him yet and thought that was a good place to try him out.

Avatar image for captaincharisma
    CaptainCharisma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaptainCharisma

I brought Garrus and replayed the mission again because Garrus' dialogue made it pretty clear Javik would be really interesting there.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#12  Edited By tearhead

Yeah, I bought this dlc right before I did that mission. Guess I lucked out.

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hilikus

Thought about restarting and taking him through once I reached that part, but figured I'd take care of it another time. Still had a nice confrontation between Liara and Javik after the mission was over though.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matthias2437

That is actually really good to know, wish I would have done it my play-through. Also it's really weird hearing Shepard's voice not on my character.

CornishRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By CornishRocker

Yeah, this was the first mission I took him on, glad I did. Now I really want to go back and get him on my squad from the start of the game.

SavageManLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SavageManLove

Day 1 DLC shenanigans aside I actually thought Javik was a really useful party member. Slap that alien beam rifle on him and get his offensive powers up and he was quite the powerful dude. Was a mainstay in my party ...but the whole rasta accent was a little weird sometimes.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nottle

So around 2:07 in the video the asari walks through the camera and you can see her teeth and eye floating there. Sorry, just something that bothered me.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By huntad

There's something wrong with Shepard. He doesn't look like he does in my game!

On topic: I messed up too. I'll replay it with him. Thanks for the heads up, duder!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ShaggE

I'm glad I did. I took Javik just because I wanted to see how he interacted with Liara on a mission, and I got very pleasantly surprised.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 137

@SavageManLove said:

Day 1 DLC shenanigans aside I actually thought Javik was a really useful party member. Slap that alien beam rifle on him and get his offensive powers up and he was quite the powerful dude. Was a mainstay in my party ...but the whole rasta accent was a little weird sometimes.

It's actually more of an South African accent, but yeah... I agree probably the best party member to have. I was a little shocked to find out he was actually day 1 dlc, I paid for the game with a gift card so I didn't think much about buying the 80 dollar version. I figured I'd play the shit out of either way so might as well get the one with all of the perks and what not.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fishmicmuffin

Well, shit, that was awesome. Thanks for posting the video.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#22  Edited By StarvingGamer

I took him along because I thought he might have an extra line or two of dialogue about the artifact. I was pleasantly surprised.

ballsnbayonets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ballsnbayonets

omg lol did you hessitate to kill children javik. answer: badass.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeanFoster

I'm glad Javik was more integrated into the game then Zaeed was. Javik dropped a lot of tidbits about the Mass Effect lore.

SynergisticSyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By SynergisticSyn
    @137 said:

It's actually more of an South African accent, but yeah... I agree probably the best party member to have. I was a little shocked to find out he was actually day 1 dlc, I paid for the game with a gift card so I didn't think much about buying the 80 dollar version. I figured I'd play the shit out of either way so might as well get the one with all of the perks and what not.

Diplomatic Immunity!
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By Dany

Javik is KEY for thessia, I could not imagine anyone else to be alongside with for that misison.

It also helps that thessia is awesome as shit, best mission in the game.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27  Edited By Jedted

Interesting stuff! Can't say i'm that surprised at the Prothean's involvement in asari history though, we know they studied humans in-depth. I geuss the asari happened to be their favorites.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I used Liara and Garrus for my first playthrough. Second I'm taking EDI and James. And then Tali and Virmire.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By maginnovision

I don't really think it adds much, and in some places it seems weird that he says something and nobody acknowledges that he did.

drumpsycho89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By drumpsycho89

i didnt take him on this mission and i kinday waaaaay wish i had! is thessia still supose to fall tho? i kinda dont want to watch the vid cuz im gona play through it again and see what happens. sa wait maybe dont tell me if thessia falls.....?

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Quarters

Been wanting to see this ever since I beat the game, because I took Ash. After watching this...man, I totally need to do this next time around.

Scofthe7seas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scofthe7seas

@Dany said:

Javik is KEY for thessia, I could not imagine anyone else to be alongside with for that misison.

Madness, sir. Tuchanka all the way. The giant worm, genephage cure, and the Mordin part... burnt into my brain forever as being amazing.

@Brodehouse said:

I used Liara and Garrus for my first playthrough. Second I'm taking EDI and James. And then Tali and Virmire.

Virmire!? Is that some new DLC? What kind of stat bonuses does a planet have, and how does that thing fit on the Normandy? ;)

Mockery aside; I played through it with my normal squad until I got to the prothean stuff. The artifacts, the VI. Knew I had to restart and bring Javik with. Hammering the subject into a living death, I can't help but be annoyed that Javik is an optional purchase-only character that is basically a regular full on character. It's almost like having to pay for Liara, or Tali.. or more realistically James. James actually might be more inconsequential than Javik, at least to me he was.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sooty

Still glad I didn't support this particular piece of BS DLC practice.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

@FluxWaveZ said:

Thanks for the tip. I haven't gotten to that part yet, I believe, so I'll make sure to take Javik there when I do.

Yeah I took him randomly and was so damn surprised... Can't even imagine how that scene would play out without Javik...

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By probablytuna

I often take Javik along whenever there's interactions with the other races because I knew that he would give some cool lore backstory. Glad I took him to Thessia.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zero_

This is so stupid how they've paywalled him out...

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By superfriend

I don´t know.. most of this is just confirming very, very obvious hints that the Asari were uplifted by the Protheans and not some mythical goddess thing. All Javik really does is basically scream "Prothean, dumbass!" after everything Liara says.

It´s not like this stuff is only there if you have him in your party.. and, come on: By that point you already know what the Protheans basically looked like and those murals and busts aren´t exactly subtle. I guess If you want everything "explained" (or every suspicion confirmed a couple of times) then you probably need him in your party or something.

Edit: Why does everybody, including the dude who made the gameplay vid, just choose all paragon all the time? Hell, they don´t even read what is on the screen most of the time.. noticed this sort of thing with some of my friends too. Weird too always choose the same thing in a game that is supposed to be about "choice"

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By OneManX

@Superfriend said:

I don´t know.. most of this is just confirming very, very obvious hints that the Asari were uplifted by the Protheans and not some mythical goddess thing. All Javik really does is basically scream "Prothean, dumbass!" after everything Liara says.

It´s not like this stuff is only there if you have him in your party.. and, come on: By that point you already know what the Protheans basically looked like and those murals and busts aren´t exactly subtle. I guess If you want everything "explained" (or every suspicion confirmed a couple of times) then you probably need him in your party or something.

Edit: Why does everybody, including the dude who made the gameplay vid, just choose all paragon all the time? Hell, they don´t even read what is on the screen most of the time.. noticed this sort of thing with some of my friends too. Weird too always choose the same thing in a game that is supposed to be about "choice"

I dont know why, but the thought of Javik saying that, made me laugh very hard.

As for every picking the paragon choice, most people through completely paragon or Renegade. But I suspect a majority of people just play as a mix and go one way sometimes and the other way, other times.

jonny_mung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jonny_mung

@Dany said:

Agreed. The context he brought to this mission I found super compelling. It was a highlight of the game for me.

@Zero_ said:

This is so stupid how they've paywalled him out...

Also agree. I think Bioware dropped the ball. Javik brought so many other great little moments in the game for me that I think he really should have been part of the main package so everyone could have had the chance to enjoy how well written and acted he was. I felt he was another gem of a character created by Bioware (much better than some of the others in ME3 IMO) and a lot of people may not even see him.

Even his one-liners (his intial reponse to Tali on the first Quarian mission was gold) were great.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By TheHT

The post-Thessia scene between him and Liara on the Normandy is pretty good too.

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

That day, Liara learned that the Prothean meaning of the name "Javik" was "Trollface"

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Captain_Insano

Take Javik everywhere. I can't believe he is an 'optional' DLC character. I ended up buying him day 1 although begrudgingly but he contributed so much to the game experience.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BRich

I took Javik on nearly every mission, I think he ended up being my favorite character.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Zleunamme

Javik is a cool character. It was fun bring him and Liara to the salarian home world to pick up the female krogan. I still think that Javik's story is too integral to the main story for him to be sold as a DLC character. I'm surprised that there hasn't been much of an uproar about the number of party members being cut to half. After replaying Mass Effect 2. ME3 is shorter game. I guess Bioware was counting on multiplayer to fill in for time.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By Zlimness

@Zleunamme said:

Javik is a cool character. It was fun bring him and Liara to the salarian home world to pick up the female krogan. I still think that Javik's story is too integral to the main story for him to be sold as a DLC character. I'm surprised that there hasn't been much of an uproar about the number of party members being cut to half. After replaying Mass Effect 2. ME3 is shorter game. I guess Bioware was counting on multiplayer to fill in for time.

I recently bought the game and I don't have Javik. It's impossible for me to say what I'm missing since I never had him in the first place, but 10 hours in and the game is seriously lacking integral party members. I almost always pick Garrus and Liara, and I don't even care that much for Liara. It's weird to go from ME2, with so many good characters that it was hard to choose between them, to ME3 and so few I have to take the same two everytime. EDI just says a bunch of obvious things instead of being blunt like a computer would be and James don't say much at all. So yeah, making a supposedly integral character DLC was not what this game needed.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jimbo

He's an essential character imo, though I tried to resist going into missions with anybody else using the beam rifle because that thing is hella OP. It does look cool though when all 3 of your team are ice beaming the same thing.

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By tyashki

EDI gave me the information I needed from that scene by simple deduction. I wouldn't call Javik 'essential' in the slightest. And the later confrontation with Liara happened anyway.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Akyho

I finished the missions and when they said "prothean VI" I went "AWWW i shoulda took Javik."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.