Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Better voice acting?

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who has the better voice acting for the PC, male or female? Jennifer Hale was obviously the best choice in the previous trilogy.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I much prefer the female voice for Andromeda, just as I did for the trilogy. She has some pretty good delivery, albeit with a few rough spots early on. There are a few humorous spots in particular that I absolutely loved her voice for, enough so that I clipped each of them to go back for a chuckle every now and then. I also feel that the romance dialogue with her has the appropriate amount of resonance. She doesn't have the same grit and commanding presence as Hale, but that's because the character is supposed to be unsure of herself and learning the ropes. It fits really well with the situations and scenes most of the time.

I will note I'm basing this choice off of what I heard of the male voice in the GB coverage of the game. He always sounded like a unaffected idiot to me, which immediately turned me off.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who completed the game as a male, i can say it was really bland, dude felt like a milquetoast. Hope the Female voice was a bit better but this is still Mass Effect Andromeda where talking about ....

I know both there facial expressions where really bad.

thepenguin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thepenguin55

I've started the game many times trying out both Ryders (I forget their first names) and just from the bit I've played of them they both frustratingly have VO issues. One thing I noticed is that I feel like Male Ryder delivers humor and sarcasm better than Female Ryder but I feel like Female Ryder is overall better? I don't know. I stopped playing when I heard patches were coming and never returned but now I'm kind of interested in returning to it on PC. I heard that the last few patches introduced some issues with the PC version... is that the case?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only played as fake nathan drake and he was alright but kinda bland, i heard fem-ryder is better because she sounds/ looks stoned the entire game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.