Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Can anybody verify this 'new Sara face' thing?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

So this appears to be a thing, though it stems from one guy's livestream, and only two sites are reporting on it. Apparently if you start a new game after launch day, Sara's face has been altered quite significantly.

Check out the writeup/footage here, and please, if any of you guys have also seen this (perhaps it's only in the French version, or only through the quickstart main menu option?), I'd love to know.

Cheers!

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

good god you guys are so hung up on this.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I didn't choose the quick-start option, but I chose the default female appearance and she pretty much looks identical to the pre-release footage. I have to say, the lead-up to this game has been kind of bizarre.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good god you guys are so hung up on this.

Not in terms of her marketed appearance being 'a thing' (trust me, I couldn't care less), but if different regions are getting different models - or they've patched in a whole new version/the original wasn't intended for mass market despite all the advertising, that's a pretty big talking point.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Efesell

Yeah that's mad fake. My current save and new character creation just look identical. Sat through the intro again for a Quick Start, same deal.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

Yeah that's mad fake. My current save and new character creation just look identical.

I thought as much, thank you! :D

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lul wut. we're at borderline nintendo uncle levels.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've reacted to the faces in this game the same way I always react to hearing Geralts voice for the first time in a while. It's intensely off putting for like a half hour and then it's completely unnoticeable.

It's a somewhat unnerving effect.

Fezrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up pretty happy with the custom face I made for Sara. I went with preset 2 and made what limited facial changes I could; but the big things I did were give her default Sara's hair colored blue, dark violet eyes, and violet eye shadow. Its unrealistic enough that it takes her backwards out of the uncanny valley for me and instead make her look like a really good cartoon; which I'm fine with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.