First 45 minutes shown

#1 Edited by nicksmi56 (29 posts) -

GameSpot put up a vid of the first 45 minutes of the game.

Thoughts? Personally, it just looks decent to me. Nothing really bad, but nothing great either. Think I'll skip this one.

#2 Posted by LawGamer (1300 posts) -

FYI that there is another thread to discuss this stuff.

Having said that, it looks OK, nothing more. The character models still look weird, like they couldn't decide if they wanted realistic humans or something more stylized along the lines of DA:2. The result is an uncomfortable in between that doesn't look right. Ditto to the lip sync. It's fine like 90% of the time, but when it gets off, it gets way, way off. Like a bad foreign movie dub.

Also looked framey as hell in the preview, even when there wasn't really anything going on. Hope that gets ironed out in a Day 1 patch because otherwise the game is shaping up to look seriously rough. I mean, Horizon looks far better and it maintains an almost rock solid 30 fps throughout, so it would be disappointing if this game came didn't come close despite not looking nearly as good.

#3 Posted by csl316 (13913 posts) -

Oddly enough, this is the first ME that I'm buying for the gameplay potential.

No idea what to expect from the narrative.

#4 Edited by rethla (3438 posts) -

@lawgamer: Compare any Bioware game to any Guerilla game of the same era and you will see a lot of games not coming as close while not looking nearly as good.

#5 Edited by MajorZero64 (22 posts) -

@rethla said:

@lawgamer: Compare any Bioware game to any Guerilla game of the same era and you will see a lot of games not coming as close while not looking nearly as good.

Truth

#6 Posted by MOAB (563 posts) -

I really hope it doesn't suck.

#7 Posted by OurSin_360 (4450 posts) -

Like the vibe i am getting from it, seems like you will get a sense of wonder when exploring. Characters seemed pretty good, i liked the custom face and how it effects any relatives in the game. Animation still a bit wonky but the vibe seemed to stop me from noticing, plus you can just keep the helmets on lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.