Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

How do challenges work in MEA MP?

Charles456k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Charles456k

Recently I have been getting quite annoyed because I have all of my commons, uncommons and half my rares maxed out and I'm only at 7800 Apex rating. Im seeing all these players with 15000 plus apex rating and I didnt understand. Are they really spending that much money on the game? Have they really played that much? I have 50 plus hours in the multiplayer and have spent about $120 and they have double my apex. What am I doing wrong? So I took off to google for my answers. I saw the error in my way and didnt relize challenges effect your apex rating so much. Hell, I thought they were still bugged and you couldn't complete them. Now that I'm working on my challenges, I have a few questions.

1. When it says earn points with a weapon or skill, what does that mean? Does points mean damage, use or kills? Example. I kill 1 enemy and did 400 damage. Do I get 400 points for damage, 1 point for the kill or 1 point every time I shot or used the skill?

2. What are challenge points? I completed a challenge last night and it said I was awarded 500 challenge points. I only revived 100 Apex points. I assumed if you completed the challange, those challange points would turn into apex points. Sounds simple and easy, but I guess it's more complicated than that. Can someone eleberate?

I will be adding onto this post, asking more questions and keeping it alive to try and get these questions answered. Bioware does not do a very good job at explaining how their multiplayer works. If you have any questions about the multiplayer challanges, please ask below and hopefully as a community, we can help each other out.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

I have 50 hours as well and a lower apex rating than you, i think people are just playing it that much(the ones that still are i haven't played in 2 weeks). Challenges get done as you play, if you play on gold obviously you get more points per kill etc. And i am pretty sure its per kill and not damage.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I have played around 40 myself, spent $0 extra dollars, and have a 1,165 APEX rating it says so I don't know what to say. I am just playing the game with little concern for what that number says. Sorry I can't be of more help but just wanted to say your number could be lower lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.