Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

I don't understand the hate for Mass Effect Andromeda

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I've been playing for about 16 hours and I don't get the hate for it. Having played Dragon Age Inquisition this is clearly based on the same model. I was not a huge fan of that game but MEA has much better gameplay and that was my biggest problem with DAI. Because of the good combat it is not as tedious as in DAI and MEA seems slightly less fetch questy than DAI. Not as much collect shards and such things you were always collecting in DAI.

Not saying it is the best game ever but I think it is better than DAI so I don't get how this can get much worse scores.

I don't know if the console versions look like shit or people playing on shitty PCs and using default characters but playing on PC with ultra graphics and with a costum female character that seems to animate just fine the game looks good. I've had a couple of bugs that forced me to load a save but less than in most newly released games these days.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's an ok game in a loved franchise which makes it the worst game of all time to a lot of people.

It's a flawed game but I'm enjoying the hell out of it

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@mems1224 said:

It's an ok game in a loved franchise which makes it the worst game of all time to a lot of people.

It's a flawed game but I'm enjoying the hell out of it

Ýeah I am not claiming it is perfect but plenty of games have flaws. Even the beloved ME2 had flaws and I am a huge fan of that game. I just hope this doesn't kill the franchise that I've loved for a decade. Maybe they should make a prequel instead that is something they were floating around on twitter years ago but people voted for a sequel.

Avatar image for ultimategamer69
    ultimategamer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats Dagas! There are plenty of reviews online that share your opinion

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Luchalma

There are plenty of well written reviews that lay it out better than I could, including our own Bradley Shoemaker's. Some people don't like it. Some people do. And that's ok!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

there are a lot of characteristics of the game that are critisized. These things seem to be problems that really bother some people and don't bother others, thus it's a very divisive game.

The criticisms people have about it are understandable, no matter if they bother everyone or not. And they're very well explained in plenty of posts and reviews.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If ME2 was The Empire Strikes Back, and ME3 was the prequels (mostly for the ending), MEA is The Force Awakens. Not as good as the best of what came before it, but nowhere near the worst of the series, either. It's allowing me to enjoy Mass Effect again, which is great.

I'm closing in on 40 hours with the game, and I still have loads of secondary quests and loyalty missions to do. The characters, while not as good as the cast of ME2, are also also WAY better than the assortment of unlikable people in Inquisition. And yes, doing away with the "power" structure that was found in Inquisition also feels a lot better, and way less repetitive.

I've seen some say that MEA is nothing but go here, talk to this person, shoot these people, get this thing, bring it back to this other person, etc. But what's different there when compared to any ME game, or pretty much any RPG? It just seems like lazy criticism that could be applied to just about any game. Not that there aren't plenty of small issues to criticize about Andromeda, but my issues with the game aren't what is being criticized by most.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.