Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

I kind of doubt many people care, but thought I'd point out that it's Xbox One X enhanced now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just so anyone that might want to give it a chance on the X, it is now enhanced. I've read conflicting reports though, some say it's 4K, some say it's not. I am not sure. I have the game on base PS4, and only played it (for 110 hours mind you) before any major updates. I never went back to it to see what it improved first-hand, but still, I enjoyed the game fine aside from the multitude of boring fetch quests, underwhelmingly 'been there, done that' feeling to it and a handful of bugs (albeit, I had much less of an issue with that aspect than many others it seems). That said, as stupid as I am when it comes to rebuying games just due to them looking prettier, I am currently contemplating whether I should get it on the X. I did like the game. So, is anyone here at all interested in checking it out on the X? I have the feeling there's a very small percentage of people here interested for one reason or another, but I'm just curious.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had recently re-installed it because I never finished it originally, so this is great news since I was going to play it one of these days anyway. I didn't think it was as terrible as a lot of people did, I just kinda fell off it pretty early on.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@firepaw: Cool. So you have it on the Xbox One X then? Tell me what you think of it, on a technical level of course. Or, you could just say your thoughts on the game in general as well, that's fine too.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to this it's just HDR support. I've still got Andromeda installed on my X1X, and no patches today, so... dunno.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

@frytup: They just updated it. Maybe you have to wait for the install. The HDR support has been there for a while now from what I saw several days back when I was looking at X enhanced games. Google search Mass Effect Andromeda Xbox One X enhanced and you'll see that it just happened today. The news just came out about an hour ago or so.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm said:

@frytup: They just updated it. Maybe you have to wait for the install. The HDR support has been there for a while now from what I saw several days back when I was looking at X enhanced games. Google search Mass Effect Andromeda Xbox One X enhanced and you'll see that it just happened today. The news just came out about an hour ago or so.

Yep, I just fired it up. My TV detects HDR and there's a related calibration option in the settings.

Cool. Will mess around with it later to see how it looks.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking: It's definitely not as bad as many have said it was, well not in my experience anyways, but when it comes to expectations alone people could give it crap. That said, many people seemed to have horrendous glitches. Not sure if you saw it, but if not, watch this: it's hilarious I think.

Loading Video...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frytup: Cool. To be honest, I'm surprised people still have the game on their systems to start up and play, ha ha. That's good though.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... Okay. Reload the page and total new site layout. Also, thread access no longer at the bottom of the page, unfortunately.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Finally! I was holding out for this moment. Now I can finally play the latest installment of my favorite gaming franchise. I haven't even read any reviews or opinions, that's how dedicated I am to the Mass Effect franchise, and how much I am looking forward to playing this game. I can't wait to enjoy this product, as well as the many Mass Effect games to come. Hooray for me!

I can't wait to see the Quarians again.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frytup

@ntm said:

@frytup: Cool. To be honest, I'm surprised people still have the game on their systems to start up and play, ha ha. That's good though.

I'm one of those weirdos who kinda likes it. If it weren't for the endless sodoku puzzles, I could probably convince myself to do a second play through.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking: Well, that's a fine price for even a moderately broken game... maybe. It's good you didn't have too many issues with it though. 90 seems about right for doing most if not all things in the game.

@frytup: To me, being a completionist even on subsequent playthroughs, that's what would hold me back from playing it again. The many boring fetch quests add up, and I don't think I'd want to do that again. Then again, I could just not do them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.