Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Let's talk about the story and the ending (...spoilers included)

• 56 results
    ZackWeiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

My biggest problem with the ending was: where the FUCK was the big Mass Effect ass decision that this series is known for? You get to choose who the space president is I guess, but there were like zero decisions that I actually had to think about before choosing. I want to lose squad members like in Mass Effect 2, or choose to save a group of civilians or a group of politicians like in the original. There was no meaty decision to chew on, which was a total bummer

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

My biggest problem with the ending was: where the FUCK was the big Mass Effect ass decision that this series is known for? You get to choose who the space president is I guess, but there were like zero decisions that I actually had to think about before choosing. I want to lose squad members like in Mass Effect 2, or choose to save a group of civilians or a group of politicians like in the original. There was no meaty decision to chew on, which was a total bummer

Yeah, I agree - I didn't even realise this until you mentioned it! Obviously they want to avoid the original trilogy "diamond shape" story telling thing, but as a result they made a "plank shape" one.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By GundamGuru

@zackweiss: My problem with that decision is it had the dialogue tones on it, which basically told you what to pick if you'd been playing your Ryder a specific way. I want a grey-grey decision that requires some actual thought on my part and allows me to rationalize out why my character would pick a particular option.

The only time I ever got there in Andromeda was when I had to choose between saving Raeka and saving Drack's scouts. That was an actual hard decision with pros and cons to each option regardless of how you were playing your Ryder. We need much more of those in the next game.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

@sterling said:

I hated the ending. I just finished it. And I hated the last 2 hours of this game. It was all so poorly put together. Surprise the bad dude just somehow walked into your highly guarded bases and took your AI. And no one warned you before it happened. Then you find the place you've been looking for, and of course its a paradise untouched by the scourge, even though its surrounded by it. Also the post game stuff was pretty awful. I don't think anyone at Bioware knows how to wrap a game up.

This was basically my reaction. I just did not understand how easily the Archon waltzed in and grabbed the Hyperion. Just...what?

I don't like the Kett in general. I want Bioware to abandon them completely.

benelori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickhead:

I think you'll be disappointed...there's a lot more kett to come I think, as they were set up as the de facto rulers of Andromeda, or at least big parts of it

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Well I realize I'm the minority within the minority but frankly I loved this game, especially the buildup to the ending. Getting to take control of your sibling was a great little beat, even if I was screaming at Scott to pick up a fucking assault rifle. The final combat encounter felt a little drawn out, but I'm here to teleport punch fools so I still had fun with it. Also seeing all the people from the story choices you made show up felt very *on the nose* given the reception to the end of ME3, but it also felt completely natural. Your entire team jumping into the chaos at the end was a very nice touch.

It's weird to say, but ME:A is both my favorite ME and also the only one I probably will never replay. Because of the Paragon/Renegade system of the past games, I never felt super connected to my Shepherd as much as I was acting out a role. Finished Paragon, now let's play Renegade. In ME:A I actually had to think about how the Ryder I was playing would genuinely react in each situation, and as a result she actually evolved as a character over the course of the game. I can't imagine a Paragon or Renegade Ryder ending up with Peebee, but because of the way her personality interacted with and helped shape the person my Ryder ended up becoming over the course of the game, she was the obvious choice.

I really hope they make another one of these. Can't wait for some DLC.

@ll_exile_ll: Late to the party but just wrapped this up yesterday and I exposed Sarissa but also kept her as Pathfinder and Dunn survived

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.