N7 Day trailer

• 113 results
#101 Posted by effache (313 posts) -
@zirilius said:

•On planets, one of your priorities is to scout for drop zones for your crew that drop “forward stations” that establishes a foothold for you. These stations allow for changing up your loadout, fast travel point, etc.

not even bioware can escape the ubisoft tower

#102 Posted by BladedEdge (827 posts) -

I'll believe when I see it, but this looks good so far. Like, the fact that, essentially, the whole ME3 ending is being glossed over is good. No matter what ending you think canon, the end result can be vaguely hinted at "The Shepard saved us" and left at that.

Like you might well get some call backs. A record message from the original trilogy characters, (I can't imagine you don't get, at least, a brief passing of the torch from Shepard to the new protagonist) but otherwise, this being its own thing is good.

That said, its made me go and pick up the Trillogy on my PS3 (despite owning the PC versions..) Cause man, I wanna play with a controller without the hassle getting it to work on the PC has been/how hard getting the DLC is. All I know is I'm gonna get to experience the entire thing again for the first time in a few years, and they finally added the true ending, so I know I'll be going in with a satisfying conclusion.

And, just cause spoilers are a thing I guess. To me the true ending is Shepard essentially realizing the entire Reaper premise "Machines and Human's can't get along" is complete bollocks, and since he is dealing with an A.I. that can not be reasoned with, despite through the entire ME series we have seen him prove its central theme wrong. (See the best Paragon endings resulting in a romatical relationship between a human and an A.I. Multiple A.I. develop what various people in the game deem souls. For the central Machine vs Organic conflict to not only be resolved peacefully, but for the two races, Geth and Quarrian to work together. Proving that they are better together, then apart.

And that ending, the GethvQuarian reunion requires the single biggest hurdles to get in the whole series. It is, essentially in-canon proof that the whole "You must either destory, control or fuse" endings are all pure B.S. As they require you accept the Reapers premise of "Machines and Organics are destine too fight". Which the original ending gave us no method of going "Um, no, Look at what I did? I proved that imperically wrong, and it lead me to defeat you.

Thankfully we got the "Shoot the kid in the face" ending. Which results in the death of Shepard sure. But as I decide to read it, the empirical proof that the entire reaper concept is fundamentally wrong works it way into the Reapers programing. Essentially, the next time someone makes it to the 'pick your ending room' They have a 4th option of "Prove us wrong and we will relent"..and they do.

Yah yah, its fan fiction. But the ME trillogy was always built on being about choice, about it being your (so my) personally story. I'm satisfied with the way I think the ending goes, more then enough to think it worth the pursuit of the story one more time.

#103 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (2838 posts) -

@effache said:
@zirilius said:

•On planets, one of your priorities is to scout for drop zones for your crew that drop “forward stations” that establishes a foothold for you. These stations allow for changing up your loadout, fast travel point, etc.

Sounds more like the campsites from Dragon Age Inquisition. Those had much more in common with Dark Souls bonfires than Ubisoft towers.

#104 Posted by ArtisanBreads (9084 posts) -

@effache said:
@zirilius said:

Sounds more like the campsites from Dragon Age Inquisition. Those had much more in common with Dark Souls bonfires than Ubisoft towers.

Yeah that's exactly what it sounds like. Have to look at DA:I for a lot of the general stuff. Hopefully it's better executed in a lot of ways. I think with a vehicle and a jet pack we can expect more open areas for sure.

#105 Posted by avantegardener (2030 posts) -

I'm ready to Mass Effect again, I like the general themes of that trailer.

#106 Posted by mordukai (8514 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll said:
@effache said:
@zirilius said:

Yeah that's exactly what it sounds like. Have to look at DA:I for a lot of the general stuff. Hopefully it's better executed in a lot of ways. I think with a vehicle and a jet pack we can expect more open areas for sure.

Bullet points just make it sound like Bioware are turning this game into the quasi-mmo boring gameplay DA:I was. I have a feeling the word "repetitive" will be used extensively to describe this game. Let's hope they learned from the mistakes they made with DAI.

#107 Edited by ArtisanBreads (9084 posts) -

@mordukai: I understand the worry but if all that stuff is executed better the whole thing can work. It only had that MMO feel because of the execution. I'm hoping they learned as well. We will have to see.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#108 Edited by Redhotchilimist (2113 posts) -
#109 Posted by Arabes (744 posts) -

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arabes said:

@jonny_anonymous: People will absolutely not buy a game that is too 'interesting'. Your interesting is another person's weird.

You could literally apply that logic to everything.

What? You said that a game can't be too interesting. It can. For some people that's a turn off. There are millions of them, why do you think AAA titles are so risk advsere? Also you literally don't need to have literally in that sentence. I was under no illusion that you were speaking metaphorically.

#111 Posted by Undeadpool (6210 posts) -

@razzuel said:

It looks like Mass Effect; that's for sure. There's not a lot of info here, but I'm not really excited about more humanoid evil aliens; it just feels so unimaginative. Like we're going to a new galaxy and there's just more evil humanoid aliens? Please don't tell me they want to take over the universe or something.

The second Humanoid Alien Villain grabbed White Male Protagonist (I was under the impression the woman would be the Default) and demanded to know what made him "special" my eyes definitely rolled.

I love Bioware and I love the stories they tell, hell I even loved ME3, but if this is another Anointed By Fate Space Savior trilogy, I'll be severely disappointed.

#112 Posted by ArtisanBreads (9084 posts) -
Loading Video...

4:20 to 35:00 is all ME:A.

I like a lot they are saying about it being like ME 1 and that being a big goal. More RPG elements, exploration.

Standouts:

• No classes. The class abilities are there from past games but it's all more free form. So you can do "Soldier" class abilities from past games with something like "Singularity" from the Adept tree in past games.
  • Yes you do get to customize your twin and father.
  • There is a more substantial difference between choosing male or female Ryder in this game than just pronoun changes.
  • There are entirely optional planets. They bring up the DA:I comparison again. As far as areas and structure of the game, being open world-esque, that game is the way to think of it.
  • They say the Nomad (Mako replacement) is much more of a gameplay and useful aspect than the mount in DA:I. No guns on it though.
  • A lot of the planets have some sort of hazard or aspect that differentiates them. One desert planet, like in a previous game, has an aspect where you have to stay out of the sun to avoid taking damage.
  • There is wildlife in the environment you can find fighting amongst themselves.
  • Behemoth alien monsters on planets that are like Dragons in DA:I. You may not be able to take them on right away.
  • Tempest is smaller, but seems better as far as no elevators and wasting time on it. Also feels like a real in world ship in that you can see accurate outside space from it, like if you are orbiting a certain planet from the front of the ship you can clearly see that. Traveling around is also seamless from the galaxy map in that space.
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#113 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (3285 posts) -

Loading Video...

4:20 to 35:00 is all ME:A.

I like a lot they are saying about it being like ME 1 and that being a big goal. More RPG elements, exploration.

Standouts:

• No classes. The class abilities are there from past games but it's all more free form. So you can do "Soldier" class abilities from past games with something like "Singularity" from the Adept tree in past games.
  • Yes you do get to customize your twin and father.
  • There is a more substantial difference between choosing male or female Ryder in this game than just pronoun changes.
  • There are entirely optional planets. They bring up the DA:I comparison again. As far as areas and structure of the game, being open world-esque, that game is the way to think of it.
  • They say the Nomad (Mako replacement) is much more of a gameplay and useful aspect than the mount in DA:I. No guns on it though.
  • A lot of the planets have some sort of hazard or aspect that differentiates them. One desert planet, like in a previous game, has an aspect where you have to stay out of the sun to avoid taking damage.
  • There is wildlife in the environment you can find fighting amongst themselves.
  • Behemoth alien monsters on planets that are like Dragons in DA:I. You may not be able to take them on right away.
  • Tempest is smaller, but seems better as far as no elevators and wasting time on it. Also feels like a real in world ship in that you can see accurate outside space from it, like if you are orbiting a certain planet from the front of the ship you can clearly see that. Traveling around is also seamless from the galaxy map in that space.

Conformation that it's going to be so human centric already bums me out.

#114 Posted by Darth_Navster (828 posts) -
#115 Posted by Zirilius (1558 posts) -

It was brought up but there is a small community of people playing ME3 multiplayer still. I don't regularly find games or when I do I get stuck in a lobby where the leader refuses to ready up. Good god did I forget how awesome that sound design was. I'm never consistently on but theres a good chance for the next couple of weeks you'll see me playing this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.