Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

So Mass Effect Andromeda is coming out tomorrow what path do you choose?

• 56 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll So Mass Effect Andromeda is coming out tomorrow what path do you choose? (390 votes)

Buy day 1 32%
    Wait and see what they patch and then decide 15%
    Never buy 18%
    Wait for a sale 35%
     • 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me I'm waiting to see what they patch but any hype I had is now dead I may never buy.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Buying day one. Even a mediocre Mass Effect game will still be worth playing to me. Glad I didn't spring for the Deluxe edition or Season Pass though.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

honestly- no rush. i might get around to andromeda at some point- but now i'm just motivated to go back to ME3 and scoop up all the DLC i missed (leviathan, citadel, etc)

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I have Zelda, Horizon, Nier, and Ni-Oh all in-progress. No need to buy a game that needs work until they fix it and I get it cheap.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I'll buy it once my friends do and want to play it. Otherwise I can hold off for now, I've got enough games on the go to keep me busy.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I can wait for a patch. I've got things to do in the meantime. And if they aren't on their game with the patches, I have no problem buying a sub-par Mass Effect when it's $40 or so. Going off the reviews, though, there's no chance I'll bypass it completely.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait for a sale AND see what they patch and then decide

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have it preloaded but will give it the "play it a bit and then wait it out for patches" treatment that I gave Inquisition, Fallout 4, and Witcher 3 before it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying day one, and depending on how many glitches I run into, I'll mostly just be playing multiplayer until it's patched. If they never fix the game, it'll likely be the last time BioWare sees any of my money. Not missing out on the multiplayer and being able to try the campaign for myself to make up my own mind, though.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By rethla

@drachmalius said:

Buying day one. Even a mediocre Mass Effect game will still be worth playing to me.

Me to. Its a damn shame though that after the Witcher this is what comes out from Bioware. Im still having a little hope because there is some glimmer in the 10 hour trial and i have kept myself completly off spoliers for the rest of the game.

Hylian100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying day one, for all the negativity surrounding it I'm not seeing what's so bad outside of some won't animations and such. Not letting other people's disappointment affect my enjoyment before I've even tried it.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lazyimperial

I pre-ordered it before learning about all the things wrong with it, so day one I guess.

Might wait a few months to play it, though. I have plenty of other games to play and it sounds pretty darn rough "out of the box." Random t-posing, horrible animations, awkward bugs and crashes, soulless vacant doll eyes in every malformed human head... maybe they can fix some of these things over the next half year. :-P Oh well.

Edit addition: hm... having read more about certain "issues" with the character creator, I guess I'll wait until they patch in certain hues. https://mobile.twitter.com/tibermoon/status/842476969518350336

Had I known about this level of rubbish, I wouldn't have bought this game. I'll be certain to be more wary about supporting Bioware in the future (and yes, I'm a long time customer. Been buying their stuff since Baldur's Gate. Kotor is still my favorite, though I have a soft spot for Deekin and Hordes of the Underdark). Tolerance and love for all, eh? :-/

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I ended up preordering it an hour ago after debating it with myself for quite some time. Can't say I'm not disapointed that it seems to be by far the weakest entry in the series.. Bioware used to be my favorite developer, and the original ME is my favorite game, so I guess I feel like I need to see this thing through for myself. Oh well.. Thanks for the memories Bioware.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

10 hour trial convinced me that I still REALLY wanna be in that world. I didn't run into any big technical issues either, as long as thst persists I know I'll have a good time with it. But I admit I may now pop in Persona 5 the day it comes out now as opposed to putting all my focus onto mass Effect like I originally planned.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gamefly shipped my copy today. Buying games is for suckers

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ultimately going to wait for a sale. I have a new gaming PC coming in a few months anyway so it only makes sense. I have a feeling that this is exactly the type of game that is going to build the ground work for a better sequel though. It seems there are things even the detractors say about it that they like, obviously most notably the combat. Even if it's not the best of it's class it's still more than servicable to those who hate everything else. It was tough because the coverage of this game was very....

Listen I don't want to say lacking because I don't think that is fair. But it was very tough for me to see the GB crew in both the QL and the earlier video ignore the game. Brad actively didn't update his characters, he didn't engage or mess with the gear, he didn't use any powers he hadn't already used in previous Mass Effect games. I'm not saying that means that rest of that stuff IS great. I'd like to know. How do those new powers work that he left attribute points not trying? Do they interplay in any way to create some more nuanced tactics than before? Sure he said it's pretty much the same abilities. But it's easy to say that when all you do is upgrade the same abilities from the previous games, while other things just sit there.

What happens when you have a planets readyness or whatever they called it to 100? Does it change over time, does more side quests get added? Obviously Brads review I think is going to be far more telling than any of those videos, because he really didn't do as much due diligence as I think they'd of liked. I'm not implying a lot of it isn't the skin of old mass effect, and some of the systems. Of course a lot of what they showed is. But there was also a decent number of stuff that wasn't like the old stuff that was glossed over, barely recognized.

I mean even the APC Mobile Style Strike Missions. It's on a 40 minute timer. Does that change? As you do more of them does that become something less cumbersome like more rewards but a day timer? Seeing the skeleton of the game was fine but it'd be nice to know what some of those systems turn into as the game goes on, if anything. But yeah I'm still going to wait for a sale.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By frytup

Might buy it if it's deeply discounted at some point. I'm sure the technical issues will get fixed eventually and the animation doesn't bother me much. What they can't fix is the aggressively mediocre writing and time wasting open world quest design.

Unfortunately, I don't think Bioware is making the kinds of RPGs I like to play anymore.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I bought day one but got it for 46 bucks on GMG. Paid the 5 bucks to play the early parts. Probably won't get to play till tomorrow night though because of work

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
    deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't pre-order it, but I played the EA Access and I liked it enough to want to buy it. I'm going to see if I can get a copy tonight.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never buying since I don't have the console for it and don't plan on getting one, but will definitely watch a walkthrough when it comes out.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Still playing Zelda, want to do a replay of Nier on the PC version, Persona 5's out next month. Don't have room in my life or budget for mediocre games.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was gonna bring a console copy with my to Peru but seeing how awful it is made me scrap those plans so if I'm ever gonna get it it will be for a pc copy on sale when I'm back in 6 months

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ares42

I just have to play it myself. It seems to be such a beautiful mess to the point that it might be funny-bad.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I will find the correct Path. For i am the pathfinder.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will find the correct Path. For i am the pathfinder.

I literally thought that this thread was going to be about what training / class people were going to choose.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Renegade path: wait for a sale.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked what I played of the trial so I can't wait for the full game to unlock

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Hey I'm not one to step on any toes but uh... poll options. We need more!

I'm waiting, but not for a sale or a patch specifically.

Just no reason to buy it right now. Too busy with other games.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably do what I did with Mass Effect 1 - wait for the sequel to grab me and just before release of Mass Effect (Andromeda) 2, purchase the first and playthrough it almost non-stop in a weekend.

wildpomme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the original Mass Effect trilogy (except for 3's ending), but from everything I've seen of Andromeda, the things I want from Mass Effect are nowhere to be found. I'm fine with never playing Andromeda. There are other, better ways to spend my time and money.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying day one. Even a mediocre Mass Effect game will still be worth playing to me. Glad I didn't spring for the Deluxe edition or Season Pass though.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BoOzak

I put wait to see if it get's patched and then I pre-ordered the game... at this point I kind of just want to see it for myself, warts and all.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: I think this is where I'm at. I cancelled my preorder but I still keep thinking "I have to play the new Mass Effect game." My fiancée said she would buy it for me as a gift so I feel confident in taking the chance.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well GMG only has it coming on thursday and i'm definitely not paying full price for it either way so no day one. I want to play multiplayer but not sure it's worth it, 47$ aint too bad but might be worth waiting till it's 20 or 30 lol.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if it weren't for the crazy spate of releases lately i'd probably be onboard. still interested in it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: I think this is where I'm at. I cancelled my preorder but I still keep thinking "I have to play the new Mass Effect game." My fiancée said she would buy it for me as a gift so I feel confident in taking the chance.

I'm interested in the multiplayer enough to take the chance on the campaign, either with me enjoying it, or it getting a lot of issues fixed later on. If you have no desire to play multiplayer and campaign combat alone won't make playing the game worth it, I'd wait and see what gets fixed.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

although i've already got The Greatest Game Ever Created Witcher 3 so why should i even bother playing this? ;)

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

although i've already got The Greatest Game Ever Created Witcher 3 so why should i even bother playing this? ;)

You misspelled Mass Effect 2.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WynnDuffy

I'll never play this game, it looks like a slog and a Mass Effect with bad story, characters and writing sounds terrible. It makes 3 seem like a masterpiece.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a bargain basement sale buy for me, probably in like a year or so. Although, maybe never. It seems so dull and boring.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I canceled my preorder and downloaded the Omega/Citadel DLC's for 3 instead.

I'm sure I'll enjoy much of it despite the issues, it's more that I don't have time to fully commit to just ME since I have so many games I'm bouncing between as is.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't support trash like this.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dr_monocle

Probably getting the deluxe edition tonight. I like casual outfits and dumb pets. Seriously, they could sucker me into anything Mass Effect and I know I'm probably part of the problem. Also a game set in space automatically has my interest.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

the green one where everybody gets put into a blender

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like fem Ryder in this video with how conflicted I am. I think I'm getting it day one. It's crazy how badly they screwed this up, but I'll probably still have a decent time playing it and I really liked the ME3 multiplayer so I'm excited for that part. Hopefully something about the story or the crew loyalty type missions pulls me in in some way but all the writing I've seen so far doesn't give me much hope.

I feel bad for supporting what seems to be one of the jankiest big games in a long time but It's too hard for me to not play the next Mass Effect game.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Day one ... As someone else said: Even a medicore Mass Effect is more than worth it for me. I'm excited to dive into it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 bucks on Black Friday, mostly for multiplayer

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait for sale. There are so many good games out right now, that I would rather play.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By xanadu

I already own it. Mass Effect was my favorite thing last gen so I have to know. Also It seems there releasing the game at 9pm MST on origin witch is in like 10 minutes?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ivdamke

@ripelivejam: You really don't like the fact that people hold that game in high regard do you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.