That Mass Effect Multiplayer Beta Isn't Happening

• 60 results
#51 Posted by fatalbanana (530 posts) -

EA is not a customer first kind of company. One may say that they were in the past but that has long changed. I wont go as far to say they are anti consumer or anything crazy but when I look at EA all I see are money grubbing suits that have no actual connection their audience, who they are or what they expect. Not talking about the devs here, god bless 'em. I'm mainly talking about how they come off in marketing and such. Not to say I dislike their games but as a business I think they come off as disconnected from the consumer base. If that makes me entitled fine then i'm entitled but in my opinion EA can take a few pointers from a company like valve when it comes to how they are perceived by the public.

#52 Posted by Lukeweizer (3276 posts) -

What is the multiplayer? Is the competitive or more horde mode?

#53 Posted by rethla (3438 posts) -

I highly doubt theres anything competitive in there, its gonna be co-op grinding for useless chests.

#54 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (5947 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was a four player vs environment horde mode. If I remember correctly, there were 10 waves and then an evacuation wave where you had to reach a ship in time to leave. Some waves would have bosses, and some would have various objectives. As you might imagine, it was especially great to play with friends working together. I played it for well over 100 hours.

ME: A mutliplayer will likely follow the same structure, although the developers have said that they want players to move around more, so they've developed some enemies that were specifically designed to get you out of cover.

#55 Posted by OurSin_360 (4450 posts) -

@lukeweizer: no clue, i am hoping it is horde mode like 3 but they haven't given much info at all.

#56 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (5947 posts) -

@rethla said:
@lukeweizer said:

I highly doubt theres anything competitive in there, its gonna be co-op grinding for useless chests.

@lukeweizer: no clue, i am hoping it is horde mode like 3 but they haven't given much info at all.

It turns out there IS multiplayer footage out there. Currently, there's about four seconds of it.

Still, it's enough to tell that it's definitely a wave-based horde mode.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#57 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (2247 posts) -

@spaceinsomniac said:

The official reasoning:

Yeah, well "WE" determined that your company has made some seriously questionable choices lately, and your work has significantly fallen in quality since Mass Effect 2. "WE" also determined that "WE" would like to test part of your game before committing to an actual purchase. Being that we no longer seem to have that option, "WE" determined that keeping our pre-orders would not be necessary.

That is probably the most entitled post I've ever read on the internet. Good on you for breaking records and stuff.

Ugh..

Side note: When you release one of the greatest video games of all time, namely ME2, it's understandable that you don't reach the same heights with subsequent attempts. Still, I have yet to play a bad Bioware game. Or even one that I didn't like. That's more than I can say for most developers.

I'm with you ... I had fun with every Bioware game even if there were parts in each one I didn't like too much.

#58 Edited by rethla (3438 posts) -
@2headedninja said:
@bojackhorseman said:
@spaceinsomniac said:

The official reasoning:

Yeah, well "WE" determined that your company has made some seriously questionable choices lately, and your work has significantly fallen in quality since Mass Effect 2. "WE" also determined that "WE" would like to test part of your game before committing to an actual purchase. Being that we no longer seem to have that option, "WE" determined that keeping our pre-orders would not be necessary.

That is probably the most entitled post I've ever read on the internet. Good on you for breaking records and stuff.

Ugh..

Side note: When you release one of the greatest video games of all time, namely ME2, it's understandable that you don't reach the same heights with subsequent attempts. Still, I have yet to play a bad Bioware game. Or even one that I didn't like. That's more than I can say for most developers.

I'm with you ... I had fun with every Bioware game even if there were parts in each one I didn't like too much.

Wow, first time i have seen an genuine Sonic Chronicles fan.

#59 Posted by Quarters (2591 posts) -

IGN just posted the first 13 minutes of the game online. I'm feeling much better now. It looks pretty rad, even though they didn't show a ton there. The animations/faces/cinematography is actually far better than prior footage has indicated.

#60 Posted by OurSin_360 (4450 posts) -

@quarters said:

IGN just posted the first 13 minutes of the game online. I'm feeling much better now. It looks pretty rad, even though they didn't show a ton there. The animations/faces/cinematography is actually far better than prior footage has indicated.

Looked a lot worse to me lol, all the bodies look deformed and disproportionate and the eyes look lifeless and kinda creepy. The Krogans look more cute and cuddly than before though, so that's something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.