Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 21, 2017

Set in a galaxy far from the Milky Way, Mass Effect: Andromeda puts players in the role of a Pathfinder tasked with exploring new habitable worlds and investigating mysterious technology.

Three Weeks From Launch, How Hyped Are You?

• 154 results
    Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Mirado

Poll Three Weeks From Launch, How Hyped Are You? (707 votes)

I think it looks absolutely outstanding and can't wait to get my hands on it ASAP! 15%
    I think it looks pretty great and will probably get it soon after launch. My gripes, if any, are minor. 20%
    I've been up and down, but overall it seems kinda average, not amazing or terrible. 30%
    More worried than excited; the marketing has turned me off, highlighting some real flaws. 20%
    What's wrong with her face??? (the game looks pretty dire/bad/terrible) 15%

Pick whatever's closest to how you feel, on a descending scale of maximum to minimum hype. If the wording bugs you, just treat it as a numbered scale (5 to 1 heading down).

There's been a bit of division in the run up to ME:A's launch, with some people predicting doom, others shaking off all criticism as minor nitpicks, and others landing somewhere in the middle. Where are you at? What have you seen that's made you really excited/really bummed out? Are you getting this day one, or waiting for reviews, or not touching it at all? How did you feel about ME3/DA:I and has that influenced you in any way? Inquiring minds want to know!

• 
    Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Zirilius

@slag said:

I probably won't get it day1 if for no other reason than we don't know the PC system specs yet. My rig is just getting old enough where I have to pay attention to that.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but the after taste of Dragon Age: Inquisition wasn't great and I haven't see much that looks compelling yet. Kinda looks like More Mass Effect, which is ok but I was hoping for a more significant improvement.

They actually just released these last week. http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromeda-pc-specs-announced/1100-6448201/

Specs as follows so you don't have to follow the link

Minimum System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
    • RAM: 8 GB
    • GPU: Nvidia GTX 660 2 GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2 GB
    • Hard Drive: At least 55 GB of free space
    • DirectX: DirectX 11

Recommended System Requirements

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
    • RAM: 16 GB
    • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 3 GB, AMD RX 480 4 GB
    • Hard Drive: At least 55 GB of free space
    • DirectX: DirectX 11
    s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I don't understand the need to have a complete opinion before the game is out. I would have picked 'Cautiously Optimistic' if it was a selection. I hope it has a good story.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Extremely.

Mass Effect is my favorite trilogy of all time and somehow I am actually able to avoid everything on this game. I'm going in mostly dark, apart from some chatter here and there that is impossible to not pick up on. I haven't seen those gameplay trailers, haven't seen that story trailer, I'm not checking out anything until I play it.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@zirilius: Thank you, that's very nice of you!

I've been checking ~weekly, but they must have posted those after the last time I looked. :)

Looks like I exceed or meet minimum specs, but not by much. Given that in my case I probably ought to wait until I hear about the quality of the PC port before pulling the trigger to buy. I don't want a repeat of Arkham Knight's performance on my PC.

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
    PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw some gameplay trailers. Looks fun. Hopefully multiplayer is as fun as it is in 3. Haven't seen much on the game so I can't lean too far one way or the other as far as opinions go.

echasketchers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@zevvion Same here. I've gone media blackout on this one, all I know is the basic premise and am avoiding any video content.

I was late to the Mass Effect series and played all three games back to back in a short span of time. But I'm a sucker for this kind of sci-fi and can't wait to go back to that universe, maybe even do multiple playthroughs over the summer.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Did last year's GOTY discussions have a category for bad trailer music? Bring that back again this year.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm just not planning to install Origin, ever...

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#60  Edited By clagnaught

I'm in gaming limbo at the moment. I don't have a ton of free time for the longer games that have been coming out this year (Yakuza, Zelda). I'm just waiting for Persona 5 so I can devote myself to that when it finally comes out. At that point, I'll probably play catch up with other titles (like the aforementioned Yakuza and Zelda).

I'm still hung up on how it feels like they are reusing old Mass Effect stuff and not pushing things forward enough. Between that and how many other games are out there, I'm probably going to circle back around to Mass Effect.

miserywizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HYPED!

I can't wait, I'm buzzing. I also want/need more ME in my life.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By twi

So the launch trailer was pretty good in my book... odd i never thought I'd go with a male character in a post dragon age origins bioware game but I think MEA will change that.

Male Shep... re.. Ryder FTW

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NTM

I'm not sure whether it looks outstanding as if I can't see any issues coming, I'd have to play it first, but it looks great and I can't wait to play it. I'm excited. I don't preorder, but I plan on getting it on the first day. That said, jeez; I am playing a lot of Horizon Zero Dawn but I don't feel I am even close to seeing the end, nor have I seen the entire world or the collectibles, side missions and what have you. It's awesome, but I also want to play Zelda before I play Mass Effect Andromeda. Damn, I hope I can do it.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

All the marketing just shows really fast paced combat. It just doesn't seem like Mass Effect to me. I want to read encyclopedia entries on fake science, and talk bad guys into shooting themselves in the head. Mass Effect 1 is my favorite of the series. I'm just afraid they've strayed so far away from that that it won't feel like Mass Effect to me.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Little hype. Looking forward to it, not expecting the world. I'm in the mood for that BioWare dialogue stuff after playing a ton of FFXIV where most of your story interactions are head nods. And then of course there's the multiplayer, which I'm looking forward to. Seeing videos on the whole building up your new Citadel thing makes me think this might have a very different tone to Mass Effect (not to mention not being military), but I don't exactly have a good sense of what the story's gonna be.

I'm sure it'll be something something manifest destiny, something something ancient aliens, but Mass Effect 1 had such a great premise to kick-off that whole story. Spectre's are the galaxy's bad-asses, one of em's gone rogue, you become a spectre and hunt him down. The whole "find a new home" is much more vague, so I'm curious about what the story'll really be, but also a bit apprehensive going in.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poveren: Eh, Origin's fine. It's really pretty comparable to Steam, just without the endless crappy filler.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lean towards more worried but still cautiously optimistic. I like what I see of the gameplay but my main concern is if the writing and story will be up to snuff and if the environments are going to be barren wastelands like most of Inquisition's maps

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

There's so many other games i want to play right now, and it really hasn't impressed me much. If the game is good, i might pick it up later when i need something to play. I'm from Edmonton, so i do feel sort of obligated to play it, since BioWare is local.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The first game, for all its flaws, had a lot of charm and instilled in me a great sense of wonder. The second game, while wildly different from the first in a lot of respects, was firmly rooted in a galaxy that was well established in the first game and also did a lot of wonderful things for the characters and their development. I love the first two games and have played them start to finish many times over.

For some reason, with everything that was shown about the game so far, Andromeda doesn't appeal to me and I can't really express why.

Nier: Automata on the other hand...

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am extremely excited but nothing I've seen has contributed to that excitement, it's all come from my love of the original trilogy. I'm cautiously optimistic though.

luis3rr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm extremely excited for Andromeda. Too much hype for me to not love the game already.

That said, I know i will buy the game, but i will still wait until the embargo is lifted or until after/during the release on Origin Access to see if there are any buggy issues.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: oh man...i had not seen that launch trailer. WOOF that music is something else.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have zero expectations for this game, and I mean that in neither a good or bad way. I guess I'll see soon.

wolfskind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait for the reviews, because I'm not convinced this game is great. And there is a ton of other games that want my attention like Nier: Automata and Persona 5.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: oh man...i had not seen that launch trailer. WOOF that music is something else.

Why oh why do all game trailers need to have edgy folkish-pop with smoky vocals recently? It's terrible, it doesn't fit the game in question whatsoever, and it spits on the legacy of the Mass Effect series's amazing synthesizer-heavy old school sci-fi soundtracks.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been looking forward to the next Mass Effect for a while, but now that it's so close I am getting extremely excited. I cannot wait to try out the multiplayer.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember not picking up Mass Effect years after it was out because I couldn't tell if it was worth my time. It became one of my favourite games of all time.

I have the same initial feeling for MEA, but I'm worried about how well they will establish the lore for this new galaxy.

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By gunflame88

What they have shown of writing in this game is not encouraging. Gameplay looks fine, I guess? Certainly looks like a competent 3rd person shooter, but I don't know about RPG.

DarkeyeHails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Certainly intrigued. Assuming it isn't a complete dumpster fire I will probably pick it up somewhere down the line, how far depends on how good it is.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@pillclinton Yeah, they all come across as weirdly forced. Market research shows we need a hip tune to synergize towards striking a deeply melancholic 'soundtrack dissonance' that's especially resonant with millenials and the youths.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My lukewarm enthusiasm has nothing to do with the game, and everything to do with the time it's coming out. I've only barely played BotW, haven't touched Horizon or Nier, and Persona 5 is right around the corner. Maybe in the summer?

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With Persona 5 coming soon, I'll just sit on my hands. I finished ME1 again a week or so ago and it sorta cemented my 'meh' stance with recent bioware stuff. I want RPGs not watered down action games with some story...

vizard1301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know how long the game would be?around 30+hours maybe?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've never played a Mass Effect game and I think it looks pretty good. Combat looks fun and frenetic. I probably won't play this until I decide if I'n going to play 2 & 3 first as I can see playing the newer game could make the old ones harder to go back to.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@vizard1301 said:

Does anyone know how long the game would be?around 30+hours maybe?

I would expect at least that. A few notes, based on developer comments:

The script for the game is about the size of the ME2 and ME3 scripts put together.

There are over 1200 speaking characters. ME3 had about 670.

There are explorable areas on single planets in MEA that are larger than the entirety of the level design in Dragon Age: Inquisition. This is largely due to having a fast-moving vehicle to get from one area to the next.

The game has been confirmed to be longer than ME3, which takes about 24 hours for the main campaign, and 35 hours total when you add the side quests.

The developer's last game, Dragon Age: Inquisition, averages out to 45 hours for the main campaign, and 87 hours when you add side quests.

Add all that up, and I'll be shocked if MEA isn't at least 60 hours to finish the campaign and most side quests.

@sloppydetective said:

I've never played a Mass Effect game and I think it looks pretty good. Combat looks fun and frenetic. I probably won't play this until I decide if I'n going to play 2 & 3 first as I can see playing the newer game could make the old ones harder to go back to.

I'd suggest playing 1 and 2, before I'd suggest that anyone play 2 and 3. The first game is pretty important for setting up the events in the second game. A lot of the best moments in ME2 will be lost on players who never played the first.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@spaceinsomniac: Tried to play 1 and it is way too clunky of a game so I'll just watch a recap. I've heard it go both ways with how important 1 is to 2 and 3.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By nicksmi56

It's not doing much for me. It doesn't look outright bad, it just doesn't look interesting. The reused assets like the robots in this game sounding EXACTLY like the Geth and what is clearly the Reaomper version of a Thresher Maw aren't helping.

Despite the gameplay being really fun, especially in 2, what drew me most to Mass Effect was the story and the characters, and neither of those seem especially noteworthy this time around. It kinda of feels like how I felt when Harry Potter decided to continue. I mean, good for you and all, but for me that story's been over for a while now.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Not much, I'll buy it on black friday for 20 bucks probably. Of course I should probably just finish Inquisition.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By soulcake

Probably buying it at launch but still WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE !!!!!

Loading Video...

skuupin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioware and I aren't friends anymore, so whatever the marketing I'll wait for the inevitable articles the game will get over the next couple of months. By christmas I'll make a decision, I suppose.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EA / Bioware have done their very best unselling Andromeda but my gut feeling is it'll pretty good. Mass Effect has a history of wonky animation cringe worthy dialogue and poor shooting that won't stop me enjoying Andromeda, my only concern is all the pointless empty characters from ME3 & Inquisition that contribute nothing to the story, and Inquisition's MMO-lite mechanics.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By penguindust

I'm kind of up and down. I haven't been really following the game's development other than a few scattered videos released since the PS4 Pro reveal last year. I was a big fan of the original game but lost my way by the third. I was hoping that this fresh start would reignite my excitement again, but so far I'm sort of "meh". I will probably get it when it comes out and I will probably like it, but until then, I can't get all that hyped for this forth outing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1
    deactivated-5cdbdf5c5a6e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I can beat ME Trilogy in ten days?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think I can beat ME Trilogy in ten days?

If you're not already aware, MEA takes place 600 years after the events of ME, with a completely different cast of characters and a completely new story.

Also, the trilogy should take players 65 hours to complete on the low end of estimates, so unless you want to play about 7 hours a day and still not see the best endings because you're not finishing enough side quests, I'd say no. At this point, you should just play the new game.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why oh why do all game trailers need to have edgy folkish-pop with smoky vocals recently? It's terrible, it doesn't fit the game in question whatsoever, and it spits on the legacy of the Mass Effect series's amazing synthesizer-heavy old school sci-fi soundtracks.

one hundo with you on that. so much of the mass effect identity is a direct result of jack wall's work...this butt-pop-folk rubs me completely the wrong way. and while the designers likely have no input on marketing, it does make me wonder who they're trying to win over with this stuff.

all they had to do is play six notes and they've got me. i'd even settle for some simple and mysterious synth arpeggios!

ugh- i remain hopeful, but i continue to get bad vibes.

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
    Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just came to compliment OP's Red Letter Media reference in the poll.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@mellotronrules said:
    @pillclinton said:

one hundo with you on that. so much of the mass effect identity is a direct result of jack wall's work...this butt-pop-folk rubs me completely the wrong way. and while the designers likely have no input on marketing, it does make me wonder who they're trying to win over with this stuff.

all they had to do is play six notes and they've got me. i'd even settle for some simple and mysterious synth arpeggios!

ugh- i remain hopeful, but i continue to get bad vibes.

I'm just going to hope this game joins Titanfall 2 on the list of games that I love with trailers featuring music that I hate. Although this music isn't quite at that level of awful. It still pretty bad, though.

vocalcannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited! I literally just got into ME during the steam winter sale, so this will be my first time playing a new game in the series at launch.

The only problem is P5. I want to see reviews for Andromeda just to get a feel for what it's got going on, but P5 is going to suck me in on launch day and I'm not doing anything else until I finish it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went with option 3. I honestly haven't been following this game at all. I'll undoubtedly get it at some point, but at the moment I don't plan to buy it anytime soon. Bioware's previous efforts have just been a bit too lackluster for me. Both Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition started off strong for me, but by the end I was bored as hell in both games and was just playing to finish them. Mass Effect 3 was a good game, but sort of had that whole ending issue that I wasn't too big a fan of, and that's all I'm going to say about that.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pretty hyped now. Replayed Mass effect 3 to get into the mode, after that i thought i would play the new Inqusition DLC because at least its a Bioware game. Did not stand more than a few minutes in that game wich in true Biowarefashion has gotten zero support after launch and no PS pro patch. It looks and runs ugly and im glad i preordered Andromeda for the PC. On PC at least the fans can fix up their games as times move on. Mass effect 3 with HUD adjusted for high resolutions and controller support modded in was a joy on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.