Why Bioware Might Wanna' Check Themselves Before They Wreck Themselves

Posted by Blackout62 (2037 posts) -

In the promotion of Mass Effect: Andromeda it seems Bioware is rolling back from the vast intergalactic community of the main trilogy into something with a more "one small step for man" feel as what's been revealed of the game has been building up the feature of a stronger focus on exploration, seemingly more similar to double-edged sword that was the vast expanses of uncharted worlds in Mass Effect 1. Even the Mako is back!

With the game still more than a year out from release though details beyond the most basic hype are sparse. What has surfaced is a survey allegedly from Bioware describing proposed designs and plot of Mass Effect: Andromeda. While it is important to be suspect toward the validity of this survey, it's worth noting that Bioware sent out a similar survey prior to the release of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Furthermore, Gamespot's report on the survey points out that "should the survey details prove to be accurate, it should be noted that these are potential design ideas, and not necessarily features already designed and coded." Even if the survey is false or is not the final direction Andromeda will go, it is worth analyzing the game proposed by this survey.

The survey works off what's been confirmed about Mass: Effect Andromeda, that the focus will be on exploration of the Andromeda galaxy and goes on to the explain that the player is "a pathfinder, a combat trained but un-tested explorer leading an expedition into the Helius cluster to establish a new home for humanity." Colonization has never before been a central focus of Mass Effect; where it's mentioned it's been shown as a highly bureaucratic process of selecting who is allowed access to the relevant prior intelligent life free planet, moon, or other object in space. Even before Mass Effect, Bioware's Jade Empire had its memorable lampooning of European cultural posturing with Sir Roderick Ponce von Fontlebottom. According to the survey though, with Mass Effect: Andromeda Bioware seems to be allowing a less well thought out, more carte blanche approach to colonization than the series has previously shown.

From the survey it appears that humanity and whoever else from the Milky Way is accompanying them will "search solar systems for rare habitable planets to establish a settlement." This is not uninhabited space though: "as [the player explores] this sprawling series of solar systems..., collecting resources and building colonies, [they] will encounter the savagery of untamed lands in the form of cut-throat outlaws and warring alien races." Colonial history is abundant with native civilizations attacking settlers. Perhaps though the races of Andromeda will be justified in attacking the foreign invaders from the Milky Way. The survey implies that the latter isn't having the most open dialogue with the former.

A problem of colonialism has been the repeated behavior of colonizing bodies to in one way or another antagonize the natives of the land they are upon. The Khet are the sole named natives of Andromeda and they have not been painted in a positive light so far. An article from Eurogamer on the survey proposes that the Khet are an alien race appearing in concept art of Mass: Effect Andromeda that was shown behind closed doors to select fans of Mass Effect at PAX Prime 2013 and are described as "an 'arrogant', skeletal race with glowing eyes." The survey also mentions an activity for players will be defending their settlements from Khet attacks. It would be rather amazing if Bioware was able to find a justification where the player can feel okay knowing that a native species so disapproves of the presence of these settlers from the Milky Way that they resort to attacking their colonies, doubly so for the "optional combat experiences" players will find wherein they may attack and destroy Khet outposts. It'd be like seizing outposts Far Cry 3 but perhaps somehow still less awkward from a post-colonial perspective. Perhaps the Khet actually are a very explicitly evil people with the goal of snuffing out Milky Way the settlers before they become a threat. It would certainly be disappointing if they were and that still doesn't justify colonizing their territory without permission. Finally: "allies will reward [the player] with praise and increased narrative options as you fight to remove the Khet presence from the region." Well, there goes the hope that one of the game's companions was a xenoanthropologist.

The other alien race mentioned in the survey is the Remnant. As the generic name implies this is one of those super powerful extinct races from a far away past that are so pervasive in sci-fi games of late. Players will be able to search for artifacts of the Remnant in ancient vaults that will have traps activated the moment the player seizes its treasures. There is a quote from the video game Sunless Sea* that sarcastically makes an educated and appropriately Indiana Jones referencing reaction to behavior such as this:

This belongs in a museum! Assuming that colonial-imperial appropriation for the purpose of hegemonic taxonomisation is a suitable response to the problem of intercultural contact. Which it probably is, because museums are magnificent institutions.

The problem specifically of a foreign nation taking the artifacts of another land, even if the civilization that made them is extinct, is that the native people of that land likely had at least the influence of that extinct people on them and taking those artifacts is taking part of the existing natives history. Appropriately the Khet are also after these artifacts because it seems completely appropriate to try and gather as many artifacts of your galaxy's ancient inhabitants as one can before hostile foreign invaders get to them.

Again though, the game proposed in this survey may not be what Mass Effect: Andromeda ends up becoming. The design and story ideas seem too gracelessness toward colonial histories to have be genuine yet too dead on in there portrayal of the wrong way to settle a land to be a cobbled together fake. Perhaps the survey was written by an ignorant PR employee who is soon on their way out of a job or a history buff pulling a well researched fast one on Mass Effect fans. If it's the latter: well played. Nice touch naming the player's ship, "the Tempest", after Shakespeare's play critiquing colonialism. If neither of those hopes are true then the hope is that Bioware has already caught the implications of this survey and altered Mass Effect: Andromeda accordingly. Maybe colonial atrocities are all the Renegade choices.

Edit: Yeah, that original title was terrible. Hopefully the new one is less me covering up nervousness with pretentiousness.

*Someone remind me to write something about how Sunless Sea is one of the few and probably best satires of Victorian British colonialism.

#1 Posted by OurSin_360 (4450 posts) -

Well, that's probably more close to how things would happen if humans colonized space inhabited by other species than say Star Trek's prime directive. I guess it comes down to whether you want your idealized view of the world to be represented or how the world actually is.

This actually happened in the first mass effect anyway when humans first ventured off into the mass effect relays and started the first contact war.

#2 Posted by Blackout62 (2037 posts) -

Well I certainly wouldn't want conduct that's worse than how it's been previously in the series. Also the First Contact War started due to a violent escalation of violent turian policing action on humans ships activating Mass Effect relays, an act violating Council Law. This just also happened to be humanity's first contact with an alien species. Which reminds me, wasn't there supposed to be a tension with turians and humans over that war? Where did that go after Mass Effect 1? Rhetorical question, obviously.

#3 Edited by Brodehouse (10827 posts) -

@blackout62 said:

Well I certainly wouldn't want conduct that's worse than how it's been previously in the series. Also the First Contact War started due to a violent escalation of violent turian policing action on humans ships activating Mass Effect relays, an act violating Council Law. This just also happened to be humanity's first contact with an alien species. Which reminds me, wasn't there supposed to be a tension with turians and humans over that war? Where did that go after Mass Effect 1? Rhetorical question, obviously.

It happened 20 years in the past, the Normandy was a joint human-turian design, the only people seen to hold those kind of grudges are psychos like Saren Arterius, and after the Battle of the Citadel I'm sure most people were more concerned with the geth and their giant Cthonic super-dreadnought coming back than they were with what the turians call the Relay 314 Incident.

As for Andromeda, I'm sure you get there and the natives are already pissed with your legitimate settling attempts because while your organization was mired in fancy bureaucracy, the Blood Pack and the Blue Suns were already over there taking slaves and smashing monuments in order to sell the precious stones. I bet the native people don't necessarily see the difference between you and amoral mercenary fucks. I bet there will be tension and the kind of shitty-and-shittier diplomatic choices that you come to the franchise for.

But if you're already pissed that they are daring to do a story with some sacred cow topics, then you can ensure that video games will never tackle anything more complicated than THEY INVADED US AND WANT TO EAT US for the rest of time. First we pissed and moaned because games were always black-or-white, now we piss and moan any time they place us in a morally cloudy situation.

#4 Posted by nickhead (1097 posts) -

Am I the only one wondering how they got to another galaxy...? Do the Mass Relays travel between galaxies? Was this mentioned somewhere in the codex of the first trilogy?

No matter what I'm pumped for this game. I totally want the Mass Effect universe to be expanded as much as possible - I love the alien races, I love the gameplay, I love Bioware dialogue.

I also loved the Mako.

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (10827 posts) -

@nickhead said:

Am I the only one wondering how they got to another galaxy...? Do the Mass Relays travel between galaxies? Was this mentioned somewhere in the codex of the first trilogy?

I'll assume that since this is in the aftermath of the Reaper War, and the Reapers were seemingly capable of travelling through dark space, they've either learned from the Reapers directly or from their carcasses.

#6 Posted by Zirilius (1437 posts) -

@nickhead said:

I'll assume that since this is in the aftermath of the Reaper War, and the Reapers were seemingly capable of travelling through dark space, they've either learned from the Reapers directly or from their carcasses.

If you read this intro blog from Bioware's website the game takes place far away and long after the original ME trilogy. That probably means that the races have figured out some sort of interstellar travel of some kind that doesn't require the ME relays since they are no more.

Bioware Blog

#7 Posted by nickhead (1097 posts) -

@zirilius said:
@brodehouse said:
@nickhead said:

If you read this intro blog from Bioware's website the game takes place far away and long after the original ME trilogy. That probably means that the races have figured out some sort of interstellar travel of some kind that doesn't require the ME relays since they are no more.

Bioware Blog

Ah ok for some reason I thought this took place DURING the trilogy, which really confused me. The relays being gone was also my biggest problem with the ending, so if they wrote a way around that I guess that's cool.

#8 Posted by Limond (241 posts) -

@nickhead: The relays aren't gone, at least with the new ending. If you had the required war assets and destroyed artificial life the relays were quickly rebuilt and fixes.

Not sure about the other two endings though. I'm going to guess that the canon ending for Andromeda will be reapers/geth dead or Shepard controlling them. (Synthesis ending wouldn't make much sense imo)

#9 Edited by Blackout62 (2037 posts) -
@brodehouse said:

It happened 20 years in the past, the Normandy was a joint human-turian design, the only people seen to hold those kind of grudges are psychos like Saren Arterius, and after the Battle of the Citadel I'm sure most people were more concerned with the geth and their giant Cthonic super-dreadnought coming back than they were with what the turians call the Relay 314 Incident.

As for Andromeda, I'm sure you get there and the natives are already pissed with your legitimate settling attempts because while your organization was mired in fancy bureaucracy, the Blood Pack and the Blue Suns were already over there taking slaves and smashing monuments in order to sell the precious stones. I bet the native people don't necessarily see the difference between you and amoral mercenary fucks. I bet there will be tension and the kind of shitty-and-shittier diplomatic choices that you come to the franchise for.

But if you're already pissed that they are daring to do a story with some sacred cow topics, then you can ensure that video games will never tackle anything more complicated than THEY INVADED US AND WANT TO EAT US for the rest of time. First we pissed and moaned because games were always black-or-white, now we piss and moan any time they place us in a morally cloudy situation.

It's not that I don't want the topic of colonialism covered in video games. I just see the design and plot put forward by this survey to tastelessly regressive and ignorant of the history of colonialism. The world of Mass Effect is not one so far away from our own that humanity would forget its own history, and yet according to this document they will be forgetting all that and jumping off to another galaxy to go be conquistadors. You say that I'm moaning about how this is a morally cloudy situation. That is precisely the opposite. What's being proposed for this game is disgustingly black and white with the settling humans and whoever is with them being portrayed as good ambitious pioneers analogous to any number of settlers in the eyes of their homeland while the native Andromedeans are seen as morally bankrupt and universally hating the settlers. This is an antiquated view that sees the natives of a colonized region as an unrelatable and inferior other due to their different appearance and/or culture. If tensions between turians and humans have been mended in merely 20 years then there's already evidence that those in the Mass Effect universe have been able to move on from this outlook. If Bioware wants to put forth a scenario so blatantly aligning with this outdated view then it is absurd. There should be an awareness in all corners of the endeavor to settle the Andromeda galaxy to not fall into precisely what's been outlined in the survey. Yes, the Mass Effect games are all about making decisions that ride along all sides of the moral spectrum and arguably unlike the main trilogy, colonizing another galaxy is a situation where decisions may need to be made that lean far away from the ideal. But the survey doesn't give any indication of anything in the game that will allow for a balance of forethought and awareness or even regret against the reprehensible actions it proposes.

#10 Posted by Brodehouse (10827 posts) -

You certainly aren't jumping to any conclusions on this unreleased game.

#11 Edited by Blackout62 (2037 posts) -

@brodehouse: I would like to hope I've sufficiently qualified my remarks. This could all be fake or Bioware's already fixing it. Still, I feel the documents worth criticizing.

#12 Posted by Duluoz (127 posts) -

I don't think there is anything wrong with depicting future colonization in ways that mirror how poorly colonization has been done in the real world. The issues with exploitation, massacre, cultural destruction etc are things that we (or many of us anyway) find abhorrent, but, to be honest, I don't think its unrealistic to see them happening again in some future colonization scenario.

Colonists are often desperate people trying to find a new life in an unfamiliar territory. If they are forced to defend themselves they will, whether or not we think it is right that they should be there in the first place, and once that cycle has started it can be difficult to end. Violence begets violence, massacre begets massacre, justice brings new acts of agony.

I hope this will be handled with the right touch. I hope that the player will have to make compromises, that true peace, actual progress and cooperation between colonizers and indigenous peoples will be a noble goal, but difficult to achieve with many sacrifices.

On an additional note, Mass Effect has never given me the vibe that some print SF has that humanity is in such need of space to expand that we have to start colonizing additional galaxies. The final battle of the Mass Effect series had like what 50 capital ships or something. There is a "small" war in the Culture series that ends with 800 billion deaths, 900 million warships lost, 60 planets destroyed completely. That seems like an appropriate scale for an inter-galactic conflict. Mass Effect just seems so small scale and silly when one person and his crew can have such an effect, but I guess that's the fantasy.

#13 Edited by Blackout62 (2037 posts) -

@duluoz: Well we don't know yet how desperate Bioware is going to make this. Any reasonable person will defend themselves if need be but I have to keep asking who it was that lacked the forethought that would get them in this situation.

If the case is defending oneself or not having a home then I hope the game is, if not rich with, at least vocalizing a dissenting opinion toward any of this potential horribleness of this scenario. At least someone has to be willing to say they'd rather die than live that life. If I can play as that person, even better.

This being Mass Effect, the counter to that idea would also work.

#14 Edited by Duluoz (127 posts) -

I must say that I'm looking forward to the inevitable Heart of Darkness ripoff level. Use the quicktime event to kill Space-Kurtz with your machete. You took over his place and become god-emperor of this tribe, here are 10 renegade points. No this doesn't affect the ending, stop asking.

#15 Posted by Draugen (901 posts) -

We're humans. This is how we do. Kill them, before they kill us, even if there is little to no evidence that they plan to kill us. If we ever colonise the stars, and we find them already inhabited, it will be with weapons in hand. I have no doubt that BioWare will give this the thought it warrants. I also hope they give me the option to be an intergalactic Hernan Cortes, and that in Mass Effect 5, the aliens who suffered under my reign of terror, and the subsequent reigns of my descendants will remember my name with dread.

Get on it, BioWare.

#16 Posted by Crembaw (894 posts) -

@nickhead said:
@zirilius said:
@brodehouse said:
@nickhead said:

Bioware Blog

Ah ok for some reason I thought this took place DURING the trilogy, which really confused me. The relays being gone was also my biggest problem with the ending, so if they wrote a way around that I guess that's cool.

This actually makes things a lot more complicated, from a 'hur hur lore' standpoint.

A key point about Mass Effect's setting was that new intelligent species were, for whatever reason, drawn to artifacts and facilities of their forebears, either created by the Protheans, Reapers, or some third party. The technology they produce is derivative, and intensely dependent on the Mass Relays for travel between distant clusters - normal FTL travel, itself based on Reaper tech derivations, has a definite 'speed limit' as well as a distance limit in the form of electrical charge that builds up across the ship, which must then be discharged into a magnetosphere or atmosphere. This means that every cluster has a very, very tight zone of habitable space - I believe the figures stated in the first Mass Effect was that Citadel Space took up less than 5% of the entire Galaxy. If they've managed to overcome or master the technology behind the Mass Relays, hell if they just straight-up found a different method of faster-than-light travel, then either the restraints of colonizable space are inherently limited in Andromeda, as in the Milky Way, or there is for all intents and purposes no limit on how far, how long, and how fast they can travel. Neither of these offers entirely satisfactory conditions under which you would ever have to antagonize or be antagonized by Andromedans, save for the caveat that this game needs antagonists and things to do. Even in the previous three ME games, very few planets, let alone entire systems, around Mass Relays are even colonized at all. Habitable planets, or at least planets that could be conducive to colonization, are by no means rare at all in the universe. Still, with the Mass Relays there are defined ideas of 'space' as it applies to your own or another political affiliation. These are the planets that can be reached, they are limited in number to a degree, so you must stake your claim. On the other hand, if this is indeed a galaxy-spanning game, and if their FTL has truly left the restrictions of the Mass Relay system, there is no physical reason, at all, for the colonists to fight the natives. There is no Scarcity factor to that equation, at all.

It's a very confusing set of circumstances. I'm all for them trying to address the topic, just on the grounds that even if they do it poorly, it will have introduced this idea into a more public light so far as games are concerned. I just don't know what this game's scale is going to end up being, so I'm left with questions. A lot of them hinge on how you get to Andromeda in the first place, as I detailed above. Presumably the Khet attach political, scientific or religious significance on these Remnant sites, so that makes sense to fight over, and if you're establishing outposts solely as bases of operation then those would make sense as targets as well. If you're just wholesale glassing Khet planets though, that takes things a bit darker -- which isn't bad at all, it's just another way to look at what's going on. I'm interested to see how they address this. I'm a big fan of works that look at colonialism and while I don't expect much from Bioware, I generally also don't expect to be flatly annoyed by their work.

Additionally there's been, what, three? videos about this game put out. Let's wait and see what the final product is like, instead of trying to answer this question before we really have any idea how much of that survey ends up being accurate.

#17 Edited by MonkeyKing1969 (6219 posts) -

The problem with thoughts on colonialism is people have short memories.

Take any indigenous group, go back 1,000 years in their history and they were likely "beating the crap" out of the original people living in that area. And those original people 1,000 years ago were beat the crap out of some other folks 1,000 before that...and so on.

Ain't any of us who are not immigrants from somewhere to somewhere on any useful scale of time. Ain't anyone of us who were the "First People" of anywhere. The more bodies we dig up from further in the past the more we see that there were thousand of big migration that happened early than we though, and those migration happens more often they we can believe. In fact, now we know that even proto humans migrated huge distances and that even proto humans were displacing even early protohumans.

Right now, at this very moment, what is happening is about being a good neighbor to the people who were there before and they people coming in behind you. Life is a cycle, and it a far more vast and beautiful cycle then we could imagine. When we start getting petty about ideas like "who was where first!" we have already lost an argument that is impossible to win.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#18 Edited by Redhotchilimist (1537 posts) -

If allies praise you for getting rid of the khet, I imagine the khet will be invaders themselves, and you cooperate with the other local aliens against them. Dragon Age Inquisition was a game marketed as saving the world from itself, solving conflicts and disputes between different parties. The game itself? All of those parties were corrupted by evil, quite literally, a single Satanic villain who manipulated them all to fight with possession, mind control, drugs and double agents. From the details I have seen of that survey, Andromeda will be a similar game. I won't be surprised if the khet are a hivemind that can warp through portals, almost like some kind of demons. It's not gonna be about shooting people using spears with guns.

#19 Posted by Junkerman (388 posts) -

The problem with thoughts on colonialism is people have short memories.

Take any indigenous group, go back 1,000 years in their history and they were likely "beating the crap" out of the original people living in that area. And those original people 1,000 years ago were beat the crap out of some other folks 1,000 before that...and so on.

Ain't any of us who are not immigrants from somewhere to somewhere on any useful scale of time. Ain't anyone of us who were the "First People" of anywhere. The more bodies we dig up from further in the past the more we see that there were thousand of big migration that happened early than we though, and those migration happens more often they we can believe. In fact, now we know that even proto humans migrated huge distances and that even proto humans were displacing even early protohumans.

Right now, at this very moment, what is happening is about being a good neighbor to the people who were there before and they people coming in behind you. Life is a cycle, and it a far more vast and beautiful cycle then we could imagine. When we start getting petty about ideas like "who was where first!" we have already lost an argument that is impossible to win.

Right on; very well put.

I'd also like to remind everyone that mass effect is about seeing cool sci-fi vistas and bro'ing out with your main man Garrus and trying to ape it into some kind of ethical commentary on the wrongs of colonialism is pretty silly.

#20 Posted by Veektarius (6098 posts) -

I disagree with the notions of "objective morality" in the OP and think that what is described there sounds rad, to the extent that I read it, which wasn't all that much because it seemed to be a little spoilery.

#21 Edited by ArtisanBreads (8074 posts) -
@veektarius said:

I disagree with the notions of "objective morality" in the OP and think that what is described there sounds rad, to the extent that I read it, which wasn't all that much because it seemed to be a little spoilery.

Same. This is shown all throughout history (and the natural world for the most part) to kind of be the way of things, and I don't see why a game needs to be a moral handbook for us.

#22 Posted by BladedEdge (729 posts) -

Ok Hilarious on two fronts.

First, check the time stamps, old old post.

Second though. Holy, holy heck that was heavy handed morality. Like are you seriously saying that someone who wrote a survey should get fired because..what historical colonialism from centuries and centuries ago was morally wrong and by god what a terrible terrible person they are for making a game with similar themes? I'm not typically the sort to call someone out on moral grandstanding..but that entire post reads like a Liberal Arts thesis proposal on why video game makers are conservative scum who try to re-write history by brain washing the masses into believing colonization is... And mind you, I am allowed to say that cause..I'm a Liberal Arts student.

This is a very very clear case of reading way way WAY to much into something in order to try and make a political point you've already got. Like, its not a criticism of the game that sprung up cause you read it..its a point you already believe you decided to use the game as a means to push and talk about. Which can be ok but that doesn't mean that game is actually relevant to the topic to anyone but, well, you.

And again, I don't even disagree with the concept. Foreign invaders did a number of all sorts of cultures in the past, and to white-wash it all away is dumb. Heck its the same reason Steven Hawkins says maybe we don't wanna ever meet advanced alien life..cause if they do to us what we did to each other....etc etc. But to say that this new game is going to be this like, evil immoral (and job-lose worthy) story is ludicrous.

I abhor the fact that I am, effectively, making the same kind of argument that some of the GG people would vs people trying to insert and force games to play by their specific moral code but..yah, that is what's happening here. And on pure and utter speculation at that. The post might be some months old but..man I had to get that off my chest.

As for the "How did they get to another galaxy!" um..its science fiction. The answer is "Its twenty thousand years in the future, and humanity developed new technology" I mean no, its likely not but they could have any explanation for it they want. As some people in my family like to say when asked "Why/how did they do that!?" the answer is "cause its in the script". They will have a way to get to another galaxy..cause that's what the new game is about, that came first, explanation can get written next.

#23 Posted by triplestan (255 posts) -

File photo of OP:

No Caption Provided

I know this post is three months old, and I can totally understand OP's hesitance at the implications of the survey, but I think raising issues with the narrative of a game we've seen or heard less than 30 seconds of in the last two years is jumping the gun a bit.

If the game comes out and does end up being real gross? Then that's a different story.

#24 Posted by redelectric (195 posts) -

This is a very long forum to come to the only true answer of "because shotgun shells are bad for your health".

#25 Posted by LawGamer (1300 posts) -

Well, that's certainly an interesting and valid opinion of what could be a potential problem in the narrative. The game should certainly allow your crew to respect all cultures equally and not disrespect any form of life just because it's different from . . .

No Caption Provided

Ahem. I mean, get your Prime Directive, bleeding heart, culturally relativist, politically correct shit out of my Mass Effect! I plan on being a true heir to the great Commander Shepard. I'm gonna go to those planets, and I'm gonna make a home for humanity! I'm gonna make it the best, most awesome, second home in the universe. And as for Johnny Khet, I don't see his name written on the planets I'm landing on, so if he or any other alien skull face tries to stop me, they're gonna be looking at the business end of my biotic charge. Maybe he should have spent his time colonizing rather than worrying about his Remnant-related religious mumbo-jumbo. #RenegadeShep #KhetOut #Trump2190.

#26 Posted by Blackout62 (2037 posts) -

Alright, who decided to put my 3 month old opinion back in the spotlight? I thought I was going to be able to get it wrong and only have to take one salvo before it disappeared into obscurity.

So yeah, my opinion was preachy, oversensitive, had me jumping to conclusions based on unconfirmed information, and if I was thicker skinned myself I could probably stand by it. But nope, it's dumb.

One thing I will stand by is I hope the game is at least self-aware about the topics it's walking into and in retrospect I have my doubts about if Bioware can even pull that off (stupid Inquisition has left me thinking they're incompetent).

Happy N7 Day.

#27 Posted by triplestan (255 posts) -

@blackout62: Hey there, happy N7 day to you too! Sorry if I seemed like a dick, I just wanted a chance to make that Mr. Fantastic joke tbh.

To be clear, I don't disagree with your hypothesis considering Bioware's track record of backing into topics far beyond their competence, I just think it's too early to judge anything.

Either way it makes me happy to see someone so passionate about the series that they would even want to write something like this, it makes me feel less weird for soapboxing my friends about the politics of Mass Effect all the time.

TL;DR: Keep on keepin' on duder, fuck the haters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.