Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 14, 2021

An enhanced 4K Ultra-HD compilation of the original Mass Effect trilogy of sci-fi third-person action RPGs, chronicling Commander Shepard's investigation of the Reapers in the 22nd century.

FYI For PC Users

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Just an FYI, if you guys get the Mass Effect trilogy on PC don’t use the vsync in the game’s menu. Use something like Nvidia’s control panel instead. The vsync in the game seems broken and wouldn’t lock to a steady 60 FPS for me. It wasn’t a standard frame drop, but a stutter. Using Nvidia’s control panel fixed it for me. It also fixed the stuttered reflections, which seemed to only update at 30 FPS.

Also, the game doesn’t have other options, like setting texture filtering. So you may want to use your GPU’s control panel for that too. Oh, and antialiasing. The game’s options basically turns antialiasing ‘on’ or ‘off’ but doesn’t really explain the type or to what level. I’m also using Nvidia’s control panel to add extra AA because I found the game had too much aliasing with just the normal antialiasing setting.

Actually, this raises a point for me about the PC port. It really does feel pretty lacking in terms of options beyond what consoles could do.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, forget what I said about the reflections. I thought it helped, but that was only on the Noveria mission. I’m still seeing them update at half rate elsewhere.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I noticed that about V-sync. On uncharted worlds, my framerate was jumping all over the place, one second it'd be 120, the next it would drop all the way down to like 70, and then it would jump back up to the low 100s. I'd be standing completely still without moving the camera and the frame rate would be jumping around within a 50 FPS range constantly. Once I turned it off, it was a locked 120.

I normally don't even mess around with v-sync, but the framerate cap is not free form but instead limited to set thresholds. With the framerate cap at 120, there'll be random jumps to 121 which introduce screen tearing since G-Sync doesn't work above your screen's refresh rate. My normal solution would be to set the framerate cap to 119, but that's not an option.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll:

Yeah, I noticed the variability with the Mako as well. I have my PC hooked up to my TV and so it's set to 4K/60. I probably should have clarified that in my original post as it gives more context for the advice. I wonder if the team behind the remaster will fix some of these issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.