Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Franchise »

Mass Effect is a science fiction franchise created by BioWare. The main games follow the adventures of Commander Shepard, the first human Spectre, as he/she tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race.

Favorite scene?

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By insanejedi

It's been around 50 total hours of gameplay. Which is your most Favorite scene in all of the Mass Effect franchise?

The Return of the Normandy has my vote. Still get chills whenever I watch it.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

The end of the Tuchunka mission in ME3 (no matter the outcome) I think is the best.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mrsignerman44
    Loading Video...

Meeting up with Garrus in 2, such a great scene. His loyalty mission was also the best one in the game.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Sign Grunt's police paperwork in ME3 Citadel.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The conversation with Sovereign in the first Mass Effect. Hands down, nothing comes close.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ha- this is odd for me to consider. it's probably a tossup between meeting harbinger in ME1, and shooting with garrus in the citadel in ME3.

but then oddly enough, ME2 is my favourite, so figure that one out.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The conversation with Sovereign in the first Mass Effect. Hands down, nothing comes close.

Yep. It was a bone-chilling moment. Extremely well-written and it really made you feel completely outmatched. If only the Reapers had maintained that sense of mystery for a bit longer into the series.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Miranda. Me. The cold, metallic floor of the engine room.

Yeah. The engine room.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@joshthebear said:

Yep. It was a bone-chilling moment. Extremely well-written and it really made you feel completely outmatched. If only the Reapers had maintained that sense of mystery for a bit longer into the series.

You know, I think I prefer the conversation with the Reaper in ME3 on Rannoch. Here's this massive sky-scraper sized beast you've just taken down, and you're just this tiny person on a hill speaking to this scary red eye and a massive, booming voice that is echoing across the hills. The ME1 scene is well written, but you're basically just standing still in a boring room talking to something that looks like a VI. In general, that's one of the biggest things that make me like 2 and 3 so much more than 1, the later games just put so much more emphasis on direction and cinematics.

Favorite scene though? There are many, but my favorite is probably the Renegade version of the end of Tuchanka. It's motherfucking cold. And totally awesome. It gets even colder in a later scene on the citadel.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The unveiling of the second Normandy SR-2 is pretty much it for me. The conversation with Sovereign in the first game comes close. That's a pretty titanic moment no matter how you shake it.

Concerning Mass Effect 3: I didn't realize how much I really liked Grunt until I was faced with the very real potentiality of his death when we confronted the false Rachni. So I credit that game with being able to strum a string I hadn't known previously existed.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having conversations with Miranda and having her ass pop out and take over 50% of the screen.

(Happy 1,000 posts to me!)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

50 hours of gameplay? I have individual saves in both ME2 and ME3 at around the 45 hour mark (including DLC). Either you are vastly underestimating or you burn through these games at breakneck speed (likely skipping lots of content).

Anyway, semantics aside, my favorite moment is in ME1 when you talk to Sovereign for the first time and everything starts to come together. That conversation was chilling the first time I played it.

Some other honorable mentions would include shooting the shit (and bottles) with Garrus on the Presidium in ME3, Thane's death in ME3, stealing the Normandy in ME1, the Normandy reveal in ME2, and the opening scene of ME2.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshthebear

Another scene was the dialogue with the AI Vigil on Ilos. Hearing about the last days of the Protheans was incredibly fascinating.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The first conversation with Sovereign and ME2's entire finale are tied.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By UlquioKani

The Thane recruitment mission from Mass effect 2.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ravenlight

Pretty much any time a reporter gets punched is a good time. Some of the few times I couldn't taking the Renegade option.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jadegl

Holy crap this is super hard.

I think the suicide mission/ending of Mass Effect 2 was pitch perfect. Music, character, action, it all came together so well. I've never been so pumped in a game.

The shooting competition with Garrus in Mass Effect 3, "There's no Shepard without Vakkarian" as well as my final quiet moment with Liara in 3. Both were non-romance btw. Just friends saying goodbye and I thought they were perfect.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything from the start of Virmire to the ending in ME1.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

From the conversation with Sovereign to the end of Mass Effect 1 the game is pretty much perfect, with some great character moments, scenes, and actions. The suicide mission of ME2 is great, as was the Archangel mission. As for ME3, I'd go with my conversations with Garrus and finally stabbing Kai Leng in his friggin heart. While I think the latter is an awful, awful character, he's so terrible that it is ridiculously cathartic to finally murder him.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Loading Video...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Capum15

The entire ending (Paragon) of the first game was amazing. From the initial Reaper/Geth assault, to the Alliance reinforcements annihilating the Geth fleet, to Sovereign kicking their ass, and finally to them kicking Sovereigns' ass. Also not having to do the stage one fight with the boss because you're such a smooth talker.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With out a doubt

Loading Video...

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Pretty much any time a reporter gets punched is a good time. Some of the few times I couldn't taking the Renegade option.

Oh man that's a close 2nd

Loading Video...

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Levius

While the Soveriegn conversation is a definite high point, I really like the final moments of ME1, from fighting up the side of the citadel to redeeming Saren at the end. I also really liked the end of the Rannoch mission in ME3 and the Arcangel reveal in ME2.

Man, this really makes me want to replay ME1 as tonally and plotwise it's the best in the series, but I scared the game won't hold up and it will spoil my memories of probably my favourite game of the generation.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nothing can touch that Normandy reveal. Fuck, man. First you're like SHIT YES JOKER, and then the fucking Normandy's back.

Can't beat it.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
    deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bourbon_warrior said:

With out a doubt

Loading Video...

They could've been more... subtle with their fan service. Ah, whatever. I guess Bioware really is that desperate.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@deathstriker666 said:

@bourbon_warrior said:

With out a doubt

Loading Video...

They could've been more... subtle with their fan service. Ah, whatever. I guess Bioware really is that desperate.

This whole DLC was fan service and it was fucking awesome! Plus it was like towards the end of their night of non stop drinking so it was really funny.

Voxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thane's hospital scene with Kolyat in ME3.

Really struck a cord with me for some reason.

deadmoscow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm gonna say it was Mordin in his final scene at the conclusion of the Genophage storyline. Holy crap that got me but good.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conversation with Sovereign. Hands down. I don't know how any other moment can surpass that.

Second would have to be the conversation with Vergil.

ZeeL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By ZeeL

ME3 spoiler to follow:

Mordin's sacrifice to save an entire species, watching him ride the elevator to his death, still haunts me. I never really cared for Mordin until he was selflessly marching to his death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMh_xrXsa7wv=IMh_xrXsa7w

Also, I know many many people don't agree with me, but I loved the ME3 ending. It was the story I got to see through to the end, and I wouldn't change it. And no, I haven't touched any DLC since vanilla, and I probably won't, because my story with Shepard had a satisfying conclusion for me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and I respect that some people didn't appreciate it. Just wanted to share my feelings for a series I loved from start to finish :)

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gkhan

@zeel said:

ME3 spoiler to follow:

Mordin's sacrifice to save an entire species, watching him ride the elevator to his death, still haunts me. I never really cared for Mordin until he was selflessly marching to his death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMh_xrXsa7wv=IMh_xrXsa7w

Also, I know many many people don't agree with me, but I loved the ME3 ending. It was the story I got to see through to the end, and I wouldn't change it. And no, I haven't touched any DLC since vanilla, and I probably won't, because my story with Shepard had a satisfying conclusion for me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though, and I respect that some people didn't appreciate it. Just wanted to share my feelings for a series I loved from start to finish :)

That Mordin scene is even better on Renegade.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This.

ZeeL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@gkhan: I tried to go renegade several times, and I just can't seem to do it. Same thing with all the KOTOR games, I would try to play completely dark side, but I could just never keep it up. It's not how I wanted to play :P Although I would do some dark side/renegade things, like in KOTOR 2, how could I resist the "Give me all your credits and go jump in the central pit" option. Also in ME3, I punched that Quarian commander, and he deserved it! Probably more. I might have slammed his head into my knee as well, if they didn't wear those darn helmets. Oh well. Anyways, I am sad I missed out on some different experiences, but I am glad that other people got to enjoy a different story with their Shepard. At the end of the day, isn't that what Bioware set out to do?

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I don't have too many favourite moments. Mass Effect affects me more in broad strokes than it does individual moments, if that makes sense.

That said. Here are some that stick out in mind.

1) On Eden Prime in ME1. Seeing that first Reaper ship leave the atmosphere. And later, seeing Saren shoot the other Spectre in the back. ("What kind of game is this!")

2) Renegade option in ME2 on Tuchanka where you shoot a cannister or something and light a Krogan on fire half-way through his speech.

3) Every scene with Thane, who is really fucking underused goddammit.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you talk to Soveriegn for the first time in Mass Effect 1. Such a great scene.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gkhan

@zeel said:

@gkhan: I tried to go renegade several times, and I just can't seem to do it. Same thing with all the KOTOR games, I would try to play completely dark side, but I could just never keep it up. It's not how I wanted to play :P Although I would do some dark side/renegade things, like in KOTOR 2, how could I resist the "Give me all your credits and go jump in the central pit" option. Also in ME3, I punched that Quarian commander, and he deserved it! Probably more. I might have slammed his head into my knee as well, if they didn't wear those darn helmets. Oh well. Anyways, I am sad I missed out on some different experiences, but I am glad that other people got to enjoy a different story with their Shepard. At the end of the day, isn't that what Bioware set out to do?

I couldn't play Shepard as straight evil either, but from the very beginning, I decided that my Shepard would be the kind of character who put their mission above their own personal feelings. So, if the mission required Shepard to do something that's morally questionable, she (I played FemShep) would do it. In the particular case of Tuchanka, the Salarians were pulling out unless I did this. I couldn't let them pull out, Earth was at risk! The Krogan were going to back me up either way, so if I had to screw them over (and shoot Mordin in the back), then by god, I was going to do it. But for the same reason I chose to compromise between the Geth and the Quarians on Rannoch: it didn't make sense for the mission to sacrifice either of them, much smarter just to make peace and to have both their fleets on your side.

That just sort of made sense given how I had played my Shepard. I totally agree that it's great that BioWare let you make these decisions, it enriches the game enormously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.