Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Franchise »

Mass Effect is a science fiction franchise created by BioWare. The main games follow the adventures of Commander Shepard, the first human Spectre, as he/she tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race.

Here's what I think they should do with Mass Effect

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

It's such a shame that Mass Effect is ending on the note that it pissed everyone off, cos it's honestly THE RPG of this console generation, from 2007 to now. I mean you could say Elder Scrolls is that, but if you go back to Oblivion or Skyrim they come off REALLY lifeless.
    When you look back at how every RPG on the PS2 was STILL talking in text bubbles, Mass Effect 1 was an absolutely ridiculous leap.

Everyone loves the Mass Effect characters, we all wanna see the new Normandy and go back to the Citadel and meet more fuckin Hanars and Elcors n GET INTO IT every time. The games all look amazing, RPGs crossing into action games was a big thing since Mass Effect 1, and I think they did a fucking COOL job of it. They fucking nailed it in so many different places, it makes it that much more sad that I think people are done with Mass Effect now, and that excitment of "A new Mass Effect game this can only be amazing" from now on has as much of a chance as Final Fantasy of just trying to get that audience back.

I personally think they can bring it back up to a hundred percent if they completely step away from Shepard and the reapers. They should make DLC-sized standalone stories of just random quarians and krogans in random times and places in the Mass Effect universe. Really easy to get into one-by-one stories with a low enough budget that you don't have to play as Commander Shepard, and it doesn't have to have multiplayer and be this big awesome thing. I think in doing that, you can remind people that we all love space, we all love biotics and we like dialogue trees. It's the Star Trek storytelling that people like, I think they can even win people over with a Walking Dead type series of adventure games. God knows they have the resources.
    Then from that point everyone's far more ready for starting a new Mass Effect trilogy on the PS4 or whatever.

Of course what they will actually do is just announce that Commander Shepard's still alive and here's Mass Effect 4.
    Anyway congradulations Mass Effect.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By UlquioKani

New protagonist and new antagonist.

That's really all Mass Effect needs in my opinion. The new endings made the consequences of the original endings less fucked up so they could continue into the future which is what I want them to do. I just want to have a sick crew of people and go around making decisions in a pretty fantastic universe. I don't think the Mass Effect universe is ruined so they can still make good use of it.

I'd love for them to further expand the choice stuff by using stuff from other games like the Walking Dead or even Black Ops 2. Also remove any side quests without any good story hooks. Just because it's an RPG doesn't mean it needs tonnes of shitty side quests. I think Batman Arkham City did a good job of Side Quests by having them be more involved and interesting so I wasn't really angry that there wasn't a bunch of them. Quality over Quantity.

At it's current state, Mass Effect also plays pretty well. The only problems are assigning too many things to the A button. I hope they continue to improve the combat too. Perhaps adding better stealth mechanics could be fun.

Also take out the sex scenes or make them much better as they look crappy in all three games.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By galiant

@I_smell said:

it pissed everyone off
    if you go back to Oblivion or Skyrim they come off REALLY lifeless
    I personally think they can bring it back up to a hundred percent if they completely step away from Shepard and the reapers.

- It did not piss me off.

- Lifeless - Oblivion yes, Skyrim no. I still get excited about Skyrim just talking about it - waiting for the DLC.

- I agree - the universe is awesome and there's great potential there for more stories focusing on other characters besides Shepard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.