Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Franchise »

Mass Effect is a science fiction franchise created by BioWare. The main games follow the adventures of Commander Shepard, the first human Spectre, as he/she tries to protect the galaxy from an ancient and malevolent alien race.

PSA: Mass Effect 2 and 3 DLC Bundles available on Origin

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By innacces14
    e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wait, they finally did this? I stopped playing ME2 because I wasn't about to spend like 60 bucks on DLC for a game I bought for less than 10.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

The ME2 DLCs in particular are really great.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By frytup

I already own all the DLC on Xbox. Tempted to re-buy for PC, but... nah. Must resist.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Fucking finally. $25 is a steep price for years old DLC, but at least this stuff is finally available in an easy-to-access form.

...but I own the Steam release of ME2, not the Origin release, and I don't own the PC version of ME3 at all. Anyone know if this will work on the Steam version?

Erkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Erkel

They released the DLC packs a while ago. There was even a 40% discount on both ME2 and ME3 DLC packs around the christmas.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By chrjz

@justin258 said:

Fucking finally. $25 is a steep price for years old DLC, but at least this stuff is finally available in an easy-to-access form.

...but I own the Steam release of ME2, not the Origin release, and I don't own the PC version of ME3 at all. Anyone know if this will work on the Steam version?

I would not think the Origin DLC works with the Steam version... You can legally download the DLC from HERE but less legal means are required to validate it in game.

Erkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: No, DLC packs bought on Origin cannot be redeemed on Steam. However you can copy your ME2 CD key on Steam and redeem ME2 on Origin, then buy the ME2 DLC pack on Origin and play it there.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By liquiddragon

So the DLC bundles are being discounted on Origin atm, not sure for how long.

Mass Effect 2 DLC Bundle for $12.50. (That's Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of the Shadow Broker, and Arrival)

Mass Effect 3 DLC Bundle for $15. (From Ashes, Leviathan, Omega, and CItadel)

The games are also going for $5 each.

Pretty nice deals if Mass Alex's got you interested in the series.

(The link on the OP seems to work.)

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up.

Meant to get around to beating Mass Effect 3. Bought it at launch and decided I'd wait til the game was "done" before I sank time into it. Came back some time last year, tried to pick up the DLC and noped right out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.