Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Advice for playing on Hardcore and Insanity

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Time_Lord

So any Advice for playing on Hardcore and Insanity? I want to get my third S rank from this game.

TimmyChaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TimmyChaw

Play the solder and Tech classes first. That way you have extra skills for the Insanity bionic playthrough...

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

Soldier with Singularity or Adept with Assault rifle will be your two best options. Having the bonuses you get from the "ally" achievements will really help also. The thing with hardcore and insanity is that enemies are just bullet sponges, nnot especially challenging. Just upgrade your assault rifle and singularity as fast as possible, those being your best tools.

Also keep in mind that the Mako has a scope which will really help with the vehicle combat- hold the left trigger then click the right stick.

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By lebkin

I found the Engineer with the Assault rifle to be a fine choice for both Hardcore and Insanity.  Having both Decryption and Electronic as skills meant that I could take any combination of allies, not needing to be concerned that they had these abilities.  This let me take the teammates best suited for each situation. 

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By slinky6

when your shields are down don't move from cover til they are back.   That's really the only trick to mass effect combat on any difficulty.

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Time_Lord

What is a good level to start on roughly, I have all the bonus talents unlocked.

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By lebkin

I took my player once through the standard difficulty, maxing my XP (aka do all the side missions).  Then I took that same character through Hardcore, doing the same thing.  Finally I did Insanity, with a straight run through (no side missions), and got max level easily.  The whole experience was never that difficult, without any major sticking points.  Good luck.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Systech

Well, by the time you've played your character up to the highest level, you should be able to take down the enemies in Hardcore and Insanity pretty easily, but I'm not saying it's going to be fast. Lies is definitely right about them being bullet sponges. I suggest Soldier class with the Singularity bonus if you got that.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hitchenson

If you're doing this for fun, good on you. If you're just going through for the achievement though, do new game + with a previous character, and as long as you change the difficulty on the ship in the options, the achievement will still unlock.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Do a Barrel Roll! (Press Z or R twice)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.