Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

Can't get this damn game to run

acarab1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By acarab1981

Alright, so I got this game on Steam when it was on sale for like no money. I figured it'd run on my new laptop. On paper I meet all specs even in the video department, problem is the video is onboard as opposed to dedicated. Here are the specs:

Intel core i5

4gb ram

Intel HD Graphics 3000

Game runs pretty smooth and looks sharp... Until I hit the escape key to pause the game. At that point the game crashes to the desktop or locks up the machine until I use task manager to close the game out. So the question is does anybody have any advice aside from buy a new computer?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Check this thread out and see if manually applying the latest patch fixes things.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Running the game as an administrator worked for me with launching the game, but you actually got into the game. It's still worth a shot; find the ME executable, open up its properties, and check the option to run it as an administrator. It might not fix your problem. Hell, your problem is totally different from the one I ran into when I played the game. But it's easy to try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.